A10 Questions: Flight Clock & Gun Fire Rate Hi/Low

I was just testing my A10 profile for TouchBuddy and have never used the Flight Clock or the Gun Fire Rate before. Do they work in the A10??

I tried my button, and toggled the Gun Fire Rate from Hi to Low and didn't notice any difference. I also tried the Shift-c key. Does it affect both AA and AG attack modes? I mean, when you press the c key for guns and when your in AG mode.

And I also tried Resetting the Flight Clock, but didn't notice any change in the clock on the dash or the Nav times in the hud. I was about -5mins behind on the hud and when I reset the Flight Clock I thought that would have been reset to 0.

I was just testing my A10 profile for TouchBuddy and have never used the Flight Clock or the Gun Fire Rate before. Do they work in the A10??

I tried my button, and toggled the Gun Fire Rate from Hi to Low and didn't notice any difference. I also tried the Shift-c key. Does it affect both AA and AG attack modes? I mean, when you press the c key for guns and when your in AG mode.

And I also tried Resetting the Flight Clock, but didn't notice any change in the clock on the dash or the Nav times in the hud. I was about -5mins behind on the hud and when I reset the Flight Clock I thought that would have been reset to 0.

The Rate of Fire switch should still work - not sure about the clock, have only ever used it in the Russian aircraft which have a working stopwatch function as per real life.

Going to guns mode in A2A should result in the famous funnel sight appearing.

Going to guns mode in A2G (at least in the A10) should result in the gun cross enlarging into a proper gunsight. They both aim the same way, just guns mode gives greater priority to the sight . . . .

He's refering to the HI/LOW switch for gun rate of fire. If I remember right, low rate of fire is half that of high. In theory, it should save some ammo in strafing passes. Dont know how useful it is in practice, though in Real Life they have it hard wired to high rate of fire. Something about damage from vibrations or such.

No. They do not work. The HI/LOW switch worked in V1.0. It no longer has an effect in V1.1. "ALT-C" is for the analogue clocks in the RusFor aircraft. It controls their stopwatch function.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest IguanaKing

Yes, the flight clock in the A-10 works (but it doesn't function as a stopwatch, just a regular clock)...I always use it to time my attack runs. I go with a good 2 minute rule on egress before turning back into the target area.

IIRC, the gun rate switch in RL A-10s has been relabelled to "High--Safe". The switch, back when both speeds were available, would control how many of the two hydraulic motors were used to drive the gun. In the "Low" position only 1 motor would operate, for "High", both would operate. Maybe the LOMAC A-10 only has 1 speed like A-10s IRL...and they just forgot to relabel the switch. :smilewink:

Yes, the flight clock in the A-10 works (but it doesn't function as a stopwatch, just a regular clock)...I always use it to time my attack runs...

OK. Now I'm confused. Are you saying that "ALT-C" makes some change to the A-10 analogue flight clock? I've never noticed anything. That's the key combo I assume Wlld.Bill is referring to, since he's talking about setting the flight clock up on TouchBuddy.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest IguanaKing

No, just that the LOMAC A-10 flight clock functions as a clock.

Heh...I guess I had a brain fart and completely skipped...well...the first sentence in his post. :doh: :D

You hadn't posted yet when I had started drafting that reply, so it ended up looking like a "Does too!!!" post. Sorry about that. ;)

No, just that the LOMAC A-10 flight clock functions as a clock...

Ah...OK. I thought I might have missed something. Wouldn't be the first time. :)

Rich

_____