JU-87D-5/G-2

Ohgr

Good morning simmers,

Bryan here, and in light of our Christmas announcement revealing our Stuka project I have started this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541863419463695/ where I will post official updates just as Oliver has done with the 105. And of course I will post updates here as well. Historical photos welcomed. I have quite a few walkaround photos of the only intact D model over in the UK but if I need anything specific I will shout for community help :) :thumbup:

So excited sir!!

Woot! A Kanonenvogel!!! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Alright guys, being that it is Christmas I will show this Early render of the canopy. Remember that this project is still very early on and the canopy is nowhere near done. Many changes will happen before it gets to you all. Merry Christmas

Bryan

Canopy.thumb.jpg.ad8e946718483062ced298ddb8b59419.jpg

Edited by Ohgr

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Nice........

DCS WW2 is shaping up very nicely :thumbup:

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

Is a shared cockpit for two client planed (pilot + gunner)?

That is the plan. It still has a long way to go before we begin the programming stage.

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Thanks Bryan, appreciate the info (and the tease). :) Day one buyer when this bird comes out! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

didnt cobra over at LNS do the artwork for the milviz ju87D/G2? Looking forward to this for sure!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Nice........

DCS WW2 is shaping up very nicely :thumbup:

Well, i would not be so positive about this. Yes, more and more 40s plane flying against 80s threats. Great. At least, all the previous ww2 planes were fighters so there were some reasons to fly for some dogfights. But a Stuka? Yes, bombing some unarmed trucks convoys... And then?

Well, i would not be so positive about this. Yes, more and more 40s plane flying against 80s threats. Great. At least, all the previous ww2 planes were fighters so there were some reasons to fly for some dogfights. But a Stuka? Yes, bombing some unarmed trucks convoys... And then?

Bombing ships?

Tank busting, hopefully with cannons?

Vital cooperation between pilot and gunner, to evade intercepting fighters?

There are some interesting capabilities in this bird. :)

Recommended read is Hans-Ulrich Rudel's "Stuka Pilot".

That opened my eyes a bit I must say.

If you want to learn more, there's also this fantastic series of interviews with former Stuka pilot Heinz-Georg Wilhelm Migeod.

He explains a lot about the Stuka's features, and in some places confirms Rudel's descriptions of tactics used:

(If you want the original series of interviews, split into chapters, the playlist is here:

)

I used to think that the Stuka was a slow, vulnerable and crippled bird.

But not so any longer. It was apparently quite useful, when used right.

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Bombing ships?

Tank busting, hopefully with cannons?

Vital cooperation between pilot and gunner, to evade intercepting fighters?

There are some interesting capabilities in this bird. :)

His complaint is that there aren't WWII era ground targets to attack. The sorts of tanks we have currently in game can't be dented by the cannons on the Stuka.

I would like to point out however, that given the amount of time it will take to get this bird in the air, by then it's likely we'll start seeing more WWII module support. There's quite a few of them coming rather soon after all.

Would love to see the addition of the D-4 Torpedo variant :D

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

His complaint is that there aren't WWII era ground targets to attack. The sorts of tanks we have currently in game can't be dented by the cannons on the Stuka.

I would like to point out however, that given the amount of time it will take to get this bird in the air, by then it's likely we'll start seeing more WWII module support. There's quite a few of them coming rather soon after all.

My point exactly. stuka trying to take out an Abrahams or a T80? That would be just fun one time. I can eventually imagine some zu23 as worthy aaa opponents maybe. Taking out boats, yes some civilian ones but I guess the military ones will not react very well at our attempts. I would not like to witness what a stuka will look like against radar guided missiles or high rate 20mm gatling guns. Well, yes, let's hope that by next year, a credible environment and map will see light in DCS. But that might be an even bigger task than creating one aircraft.

We know that ED is working on WW2 ground units for the Nomandy map. I would hazard the guess that by the time we finally see the Stuka in DCS we'll also have a decent assortment of WW2 vehicles. ;)

I am very happy to see this aircraft is developed, it's one of my all-time favourite WW2 birds and I've spent many hours with it in the original IL2, Cliffs of Dover and recently Battle of Stalingrad.

My point exactly. stuka trying to take out an Abrahams or a T80? That would be just fun one time. I can eventually imagine some zu23 as worthy aaa opponents maybe. Taking out boats, yes some civilian ones but I guess the military ones will not react very well at our attempts. I would not like to witness what a stuka will look like against radar guided missiles or high rate 20mm gatling guns. Well, yes, let's hope that by next year, a credible environment and map will see light in DCS. But that might be an even bigger task than creating one aircraft.

Hehe, I guess it's a matter of me seeing the Stuka in a WW 2 environment, while BaD CrC is thinking of the current situation with only modern units available.

In that case we of course agree, even the current WW 2 birds are not much use against modern units. ;)

Its just that BaD CrC's comment struck a nerve with me, because I grew up thinking the Stuka was basically useless since the start of the war.

Only very recently I learned that this was not the case at all, that it could be put to good use in the right environment.

What I would hope for was that the Normandy map would be out when the Stuka is ready for release, and even better if Polychop could come up with an Eastern Front theater to accompany it. :)

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use