JU-87D-5/G-2

Ohgr

My two cents;

From my discussions with my community, we are interested in the Stuka. It is a very interesting aircraft with a lot of great nuances. It is like the Spitfire Mk. IX in that way.

At the end of the day, from what I see streaming the game everyday, DCS is a sandbox. We'll enjoy flying the module if it is done well. It is up to us, the community to facilitate the direction of the multiplayer scene. Let's not giveup our chances to experience a legendary aircraft with the fidelity that only DCS can provide. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

Oh yes, I was, and still am very much looking forward to Ju-87D & G.

It has interesting characteristics, historical significance, and would also be the first dive bomber to have in DCS.

A late D version would have cannons to strafe with, as well as pretty decent bombload for a single engine plane, including various cluster bombs, or some pretty big bombs in excess of 500kg class even!

G version is pretty famous itself with twin 37mm cannons cracking open even well armoured tanks.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

So why the heck, should a JU-87 Stuka not be fun to fly and fight in DCS? :dunno:

It would be absolutely awesome to have a Stuka in DCS.

But yeah, people complain. Let them, and just ignore it. When ED announced the L-39, a veritable carpstorm broke out about how said plane is nothing but useless. But what these whinybirds didn't understand is how great a COIN plane it is, and how much fun it is to fly. True, it doesn't have flares, LWS, MWS, or any of that modern hi-tek thingamajiggery, but so what? Just make up low-intensity counter-insurgency scenarios and fly them at night if need be!

So yeah, small is beautiful. In DCS too!

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Kanonenvogel Please!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I´m sure there are plenty who´d enjoy a Stuka in DCS.

I´ve already had a lot of fun flying a Stuka in BoX although I got shot down pretty often.

I´ve even taken out a Yak who didn´t seem to take me serious :D

Every WWII module adds to the whole picture and more and more interesting missions / scenarios will be possible.

So why even think about it?

Should we get a Stuka or not? It´s a no-brainer really ..

Kanonenvogel Please!

Absolument d’accord :thumbup:

EDIT: Speaking of divebombers, how about a DCS Pe-2? Would be an awesome addition to the sim IMO.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

It would be absolutely awesome to have a Stuka in DCS.

But yeah, people complain. Let them, and just ignore it. When ED announced the L-39, a veritable carpstorm broke out about how said plane is nothing but useless. But what these whinybirds didn't understand is how great a COIN plane it is, and how much fun it is to fly. True, it doesn't have flares, LWS, MWS, or any of that modern hi-tek thingamajiggery, but so what? Just make up low-intensity counter-insurgency scenarios and fly them at night if need be!

So yeah, small is beautiful. In DCS too!

I agree. At the end of the day, DCS multiplayer is entirely up to the community to drive. We can have as much fun with it as we will. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

no news, otherwise i'm sure you'd see it in this or another JU 87 named thread

but you can fly it soon, but not your definition of soon, another soon

Probably a lot sooner than our sun dying and going supernova. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Probably a lot sooner than our sun dying and going supernova. :thumbup:

Well this could be a long wait as our sun is way too tiny to go supernova. Sorry to be the party buster. :(

/smartass off :smilewink:

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't hold out much hope guys.

Being the OP of this thread, that kinda sums it up... bummer man, a real bummer... Would loved to have seen this bird.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Well unless there is an official word from Polychop then I'm going to assume it is still WIP. Regardless of wither the gentleman who left was working on it it is their property so I'd assume later on down the road we will get some official news.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Well unless there is an official word from Polychop then I'm going to assume it is still WIP. Regardless of wither the gentleman who left was working on it it is their property so I'd assume later on down the road we will get some official news.

That is where you are wrong sir. It is not "their" property.

Edited by Ohgr

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

That is where you are wrong sir. It is not "their" property.

As far as I am aware someone who is employed by a company to produce a product is thereby producing the product for the company which holds rights to the creative product being created in said process. Last I checked the person in question whom left Polychop stated they were no longer continuing to work on the Ju87. No word about withholding the produce from poly nor any statement from poly saying that they were now unable to finish the product only that work had halted and would continue on sometime in the future. For instance at my place of work. If I design a device, product, or method it is thereby intellectual property of my employer. Unless you have a signed copy of the contract between poly and said individual.......

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

As far as I am aware someone who is employed by a company to produce a product is thereby producing the product for the company which holds rights to the creative product being created in said process. Last I checked the person in question whom left Polychop stated they were no longer continuing to work on the Ju87. No word about withholding the produce from poly nor any statement from poly saying that they were now unable to finish the product only that work had halted and would continue on sometime in the future. For instance at my place of work. If I design a device, product, or method it is thereby intellectual property of my employer. Unless you have a signed copy of the contract between poly and said individual.......
That may be true, but the thing is that Ohgr himself is the person who worked on the stuka and he probably knows a thing or two about all these details. Nevertheless i'm also keeping my hopes high... it would be a shame not to see the Ju at some point in DCS :cry:

Independent contractor relations might be different, and we're not privy to any of that anyway....

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That may be true, but the thing is that Ohgr himself is the person who worked on the stuka and he probably knows a thing or two about all these details. Nevertheless i'm also keeping my hopes high... it would be a shame not to see the Ju at some point in DCS :cry:

If oghr was indeed said individual, then him coming out and making an unofficial claim , would that not be a breach of contract or agreement with polychop? To me that just seems unprofessional. I am not doubting his work nor am I stating that his decision was wrong. It just seems odd to me that an ex member of a highly regarded 3pd is coming out with these loose ended comments as such. I will await official word from Polychop itself before taking the words of a non 3pd member as set in stone.