JU-87D-5/G-2

Ohgr

Interesting.

Stukas were tough planes to begin with because of the dive bomber characteristics and I believe the D/G version had more armor than earlier versions. I forget how many 37mm rounds Rudel's plane took on the eastern front and he made it back. I doubt we will be shooting down many Mustangs or Spitfires but I hope to make it challenging for them.

One of the coolest parts about the Stuka for me is the automated recovery system from a dive. It was pretty fancy for planes back then.

Indeed , here is a nice story involving the diving brakes ; watch from 0:49 :smilewink: man i'm w8ing for this plane .. for years!

[ame]

[/ame]

Very cool story. Moral of the story is don't follow a Stuka into a dive.

Indeed , here is a nice story involving the diving brakes ; watch from 0:49 :smilewink: man i'm w8ing for this plane .. for years!

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

That was so cool :P
As was sitting in a cockpit of a single-seater IL-2 ;) Still remember how I pulverized a Biffer online who just didn't understand the amount of firepower I had...

Regardless, the Stuka is a MUST buy for a groundpounder like myself. So when's the release then???

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Stuka was the original warthog...Tank Killer..

Indeed.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Yep ;) :

IL2BoS108_sseewhx.jpg

IL2BoS102_sseeeas.jpg

IL2BoS107_sseeeaq.jpg

(but different sim) . Stuka in DCS will be nice also!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Indeed. And the Sturmovik was a close second. ;)

Still, gotta love the Stuka coming out for DCS. Would just like to know when???

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• 2 weeks later...
Can't wait to feel the scary whistle from the cockpit!

unfortunately the whistles aka Jericho Trumpets were only mounted on the B models... :(

But the D model is a much better plane, no to mention the cannons on the G model!

Can't wait to try the plane in DCS quality!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_87

Edited by Gigidang

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

unfortunately the whistles aka Jericho Trumpets were only mounted on the B models... :(

But the D model is a much better plane, no to mention the cannons on the G model!

Can't wait to try the plane in DCS quality!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junkers_Ju_87

Not quite correct, all models up to the G had the ability to moint the Jericho Trompeten (there are actual photographs of D-3s fited with sirens). They were just not in widespread use after 1941 anymore unlike in the early war campaigns.

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And if you want the Jericho's, someone will create a mod nonetheless. :-) this group is loaded with talent.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

It's been a while since the last update due to my relocation to Colorado and other life events, however life at Polychop is very much alive! I would like to introduce everyone to our first community render of the G-2. Keep in mind there is still some work to be done on the exterior model but we hope you enjoy :)

Stuka.thumb.jpg.61408c00587d8ab601731c19eb1eb92e.jpg

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Drooling and leaving wet traces all over the floor here... Iconic plane and the mother of all ground attack planes. :)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

My wallet is not going to like me in the future with all these great planes and maps coming out in the next 1-2 years. Can't wait to fly this thing and shoot ground targets - and finally in a WWII map with period AI units :joystick:

Great work so far :thumbup: