TrackIR Software 5.3.0 Released

In Case you missed it when booting up your trackir in anticipation for the M2000C.

TrackIR has updated their software to version 5.3.0

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/downloads/

Supports TrackIR 5, TrackIR 4:PRO and TrackIR 3 (TrackIR 3 requires Vector License and TrackClip or TrackClip PRO).

Changelog:

* No longer requires the user to run the software with administrator privileges.

* Moved writable files out of Program Files directory and into %AppData%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\

* Made install of Visual C++ redistributable and USB drivers prerequisites mandatory.

* Fixed crash when resizing 3D view area to zero height.

* User's Manual updated to reflect new system requirements and changes in behavior.

KNOWN ISSUES / COMPATIBILITY NOTES

* The TrackIR software now requires Windows Vista or newer, and can no longer be used with Windows XP or below.

Edited by Davison

Also, I updated from 5.2.2 - I could not use any of my old profiles with 5.3. So no point for myself at least to upgrade. Back to 5.2.2 and they all work again. Just a friendly heads up.

i also couldnt use my old profiles........no worries though........made them again fairly quick for 5.3........works good.......:thumbup:

Edited by TwilightZone

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

One thing I like of the latest ver is that loads on boot so I don't need to run it every time.

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i also couldnt use my old profiles........no worries though........made them again fairly quick for 5.3........works good.......:thumbup:

What could be the reason for such behavior? I did not have any issue running old profiles on 5.3... very strange what happens to you.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

Does anyone know the benefits of TrackIR 4 vs 5? I was recently looking at them and couldn't really tell if there was much of a benefit.

Personally I am using an IR plugin with FaceTrackNoIR with a hat I made that has 3 IR LED's and it's working fantastically well, I can't really imagine TrackIR being any better than my solution (which was totally free).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

One thing I like of the latest ver is that loads on boot so I don't need to run it every time.

Nothing new here, the previous versions (even before 5.x) had that too, the load on boot is a setting.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Also, I updated from 5.2.2 - I could not use any of my old profiles with 5.3. So no point for myself at least to upgrade. Back to 5.2.2 and they all work again. Just a friendly heads up.

seems the path to the profiles is changed form inside the install path

to 1st:

c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5

to now:

c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5

so there's a space in the name now

it's like intruducing a 'bug', but it's not :)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |