[REPORTED] Several keyboard controls (throttle, rudder, ...) not working

deaddeepblue

Same here.

No HOTAS plugged in, just keyboard controls.

Throttle not working and flight controls not working with keyboard. No moving surfaces and nothing moving inside cockpit.

Other buttons like autopilot do work. And all keys are recognised in "adjust controls" menu....

Edited by Antimon

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

Okay. Then you are having module problems.

Check the log, and advise if you have something like "cannot load M-2000C module. dll not found" or words to that effect.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Also no-errors or missing files here...

how do I get the log ?

Look for it on Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hello, I'm having this too, no flight controls nor throttle control, it seems other keys work (I tried A and G).

Log attached (M-2000C free flight day), I don't have the error you mention.

I cannot see any errors as well.

I have to ask you to be patient. My computer is busted. I suffered massive hard disk drive failure yesterday morning. I must purchase a new one and then spend the next TWO days reinstalling and doing data recovery. And today is Christmas.

We will solve your problem, all I ask is a little patience. The gremlins attacked me and hit me really hard.

Same here. Tried "Instant Action" free flight and cold start. Cant move throttle.

I tried with Keyboard and MS XBox 360 Controller for Windows.

DCS repair did not help.

I checked the log file and did not find anything special but I attached it anyway.

Have a nice day, plane looks awesome, cant wait to start it up ;)

dcs.zip

I cannot see any errors as well.

I have to ask you to be patient. My computer is busted. I suffered massive hard disk drive failure yesterday morning. I must purchase a new one and then spend the next TWO days reinstalling and doing data recovery. And today is Christmas.

We will solve your problem, all I ask is a little patience. The gremlins attacked me and hit me really hard.

Thanks, no worries.

Other keys seem to work so it might be limited to flight controls.

In my case I have a HOTAS that I will plug in so it's pretty much no factor for me.

It will affect people without a HOTAS though - esp. those without throttle, which should be the first control to be looked at.

Hello guys,

I guess this is linked, for the start-up procedure, I'm supposed to move throttle to ground idle position (according to manual checklist).

However, I can't find any specific keys and tried all the various engine increase/decrease assignments. Nothing works.

(I don't have any joystick plugged in)

Good luck and merry christmas to you all.

Cheers,

Cam'

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I Spent alot of money on this plane and i dont own a throttle yet and the throttle up/down (+/-) on the numpad does nothing please fix it

I have a logitech 3d pro that works with the throttle but it is a Bi*** to use with my current setup. I need the throttle up/down to work on the gamepad/keyboard for me to get any value out of flying the m2000.

Well I seem to have A LOT OF ERRORS in my log file, regarding everything...

Just tried repair function too, then Free Flight Day and Landing instant action missions.

Flight controls and throttle buttons on kb remain NO GO.

Autopilot, gear up/down and other buttons work ok.

I have a hotas/rudder waiting so it's not a big deal for me right now as they're not installed atm, it was more of a quick try with kb...

dcs.log should be attached if that is of any help but I really couldn't see many M-2000C related entries there if you count all the others :D

dcs.zip

YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/c/antimonni

PC SPECS: Win10 Home 64Bit, i5-2500K @4GHz, 32Gb DDR3, 6Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX980Ti, 2 SSDs+HDD

CONTROLS: TM Warthog HOTAS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / TM MFD Cougar x4 / TIR 5

MODULES: Almost everything!

Bug Keyboard Bindings for rudder not working

I tested the keyboard for the rudder controls for nose wheel steering and well in the f2 the rudder never moves. you bind it to the axis of rz on the hotas throttle and it works fine.

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

Left or right what?

Throttle left/right should not exist and have no effect; you need to bind a controller axis to "Throttle" rather than the left and right throttles (it's a single-engine aircraft...).

The default cockpit view position is discussed in this thread, and Sergeiev has provided a tweaked view position. Otherwise, just zoom out a bit.

Left or right what?

Throttle left/right should not exist and have no effect; you need to bind a controller axis to "Throttle" rather than the left and right throttles (it's a single-engine aircraft...).

The default cockpit view position is discussed in this thread, and Sergeiev has provided a tweaked view position. Otherwise, just zoom out a bit.

left and right rudder i meant, also aircraft bank

btw, Throttle up = num+, but does not working.

Edited by aboodspin

left and right rudder i meant

Are you using keyboard controls? That seems to be a problem. It does work if you can bind it to an axis instead.

Edit:

btw, Throttle up = num+, but does not working.

I did notice that when I was first starting out - again might be a thing that only works with axis mappings?

Can you check in the control configuration that you don't have anything mapped there by default (the game will by default map particular axis on anything that could vaguely be described as a "game controller" to throttle, roll/pitch, and rudder). It might be that you have something that's overriding the keyboard commands by providing a continuous axis reading.

Or, the keyboard commands might just not work.

Edited by nomdeplume