[CLOSED, UNHELPFUL BICKERING] M2000C so far...

fjacobsen

Nice module, but I have a few questions...

• Gear lever seems not animated

Serveral button assignments doesn´t seem to work, like:

• Flaps up/down (Assigned Buttons, F, Lsh+F, LCtrl+F does nothing)
  • Gear up/down (G toggles, Assigned Buttons, Lsh+G, LCtrl+F does nothing)
  • Airbrake on/off. (B toggles, Assigned Buttons, Lsh+B, LCtrl+B does nothing)
  • Throttle Left/Right entries in control assignment ???
  • I have assigned buttons and axis to my CH-Fighter stick, CH-Pedals and CH-Thottle quadrant.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Nice module, but I have a few questions...

• Gear lever seems not animated

Serveral button assignments doesn´t seem to work, like:

• Flaps up/down (Assigned Buttons, F, Lsh+F, LCtrl+F does nothing)
  • Gear up/down (G toggles, Assigned Buttons, Lsh+G, LCtrl+F does nothing)
  • Airbrake on/off. (B toggles, Assigned Buttons, Lsh+B, LCtrl+B does nothing)
  • Throttle Left/Right entries in control assignment ???
  • I have assigned buttons and axis to my CH-Fighter stick, CH-Pedals and CH-Thottle quadrant.

FinnJ

Guys, remember it's a beta.

Missing gear lever animation already reported to the devs (#33076).

Input is pretty much WIP.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I know it´s beta, so it was not meant as a complaint - just a report !

FinnJ

No offence taken - please continue reporting everything you notice. :thumbup:

Just don't expect everything to work yet.

I hope we will get a dedicated Bug Report forum section soon.

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

realy bad performance (FPS) while in cockpit. makes it basicly unplayable with the rift.

I get 75FPS inside the MiG-15, 50FPS in the MiG-21 (still ok) but only 38FPS inside the M2000. The Cockpit needs some optimization!

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

Guest deeplodokus

i feel that the default view is zoomed in too much, i have to unzoom by 2-3 notches with the mouse Z/wheel axis first thing. is there a way to change this default setting? is it just me?

Guys, remember it's a beta.

From Wikipedia:

Beta phase generally begins when the software is feature complete but likely to contain a number of known or unknown bugs.

Definitely not this case. I am also not very happy with the flight model, both with or without FBW. Nothing to compare to the A-10C or Mig-21.

Well, lesson learnt. Next time I wait for a post-release sale.

I'm sorry, feels like an alpha still. Lots of animations not working. keyboard config menu feels unfinished, ie left/ right engine config which might be throttle and emergency throttle. Dont know if its just me or is there no needles on the hyd guages?

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

i feel that the default view is zoomed in too much, i have to unzoom by 2-3 notches with the mouse Z/wheel axis first thing. is there a way to change this default setting? is it just me?

I have a similar view (though with the TrackIR) that it's too zoomed in and i can't zoom out any further at all which is irritating.

Otherwise it seems pretty stabile so far... (have I completely missed the radar transmit/stby key in controls? would be nice to bind that to the HOTAS)

Not just you .. I have the same issue. :cry:

Would also like to know which lua needs editing to change the default cockpit view.

Thanks

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

same here , i am on 3 screens with freetrack and was confused for a moment because the view was too zoomed in , unlike in other modules where it starts zoomed in and then slowly zooms out to normal position . Not a big deal though

Not just you .. I have the same issue. :cry:

Would also like to know which lua needs editing to change the default cockpit view.

Thanks

Cheers

Tom

views.lua. The last entry, index 13. I wish I can tell you which of the entries there but with my PC busted I can't. So you will have to experiment a little.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

From Wikipedia:

Definitely not this case. I am also not very happy with the flight model, both with or without FBW. Nothing to compare to the A-10C or Mig-21.

How many hours do you have in the Mirage 2000?

Oh wait you have nothing to compare it to besides completely different aircraft in DCS world. Weird that it doesn't fly the same /s

+1 Disappointed in the lack of FULLY clickable cockpit. Hopefully that will be changed. It's definitely not the Mig21 or A10C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Very very nice. Loving it. :)

In other news, disconnecting FBW during supersonic flight is a BAD IDEA.

Just saying.

Disconnecting FBW is a bad idea by default ;)

BTW: you're probably not really (fully) disconnecting FBW otherwise you would not have any controls left at all.

Anyway, let's put semantics aside. If you're using emergency gains (gains secours) => switch Norm/Sec on "Sec", then you must rejoin and limit yourself to the following flight domain:

gains_secours.jpg.bf0bc3a05ebed37dddcdfa2d384183d1.jpg

spacer.png

From Wikipedia:

Lets not start "It's Beta/No Beta" fight here and lets quietly help Devs by reporting the issues we encounter Okay?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Same here (with TrackIR), but i zoom out a bit (with wheel on my joystick), that helps till fixed.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8x 3.9GHz / 4.5GHz Turbo) | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon | 32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 8GB MSI RTX2080Super GAMING X TRIO | 1000GB SAMSUNG 970-EVO Plus M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 | SSD 1000GB Crucial MX500 (560MB/s - 510MB/s) | TrackIR 5;

Modules: FC3, A10C, A10C II, Mig21Bis, F-16C Viper, FA-18C, JF-17 Thunder, L-39, CArms, Hawk, Aviojet C101, F-86 Sabre, Mig 15, Razbam M2KC, F-5E Tiger, Viggen, Spitfire, Mustang, Dora, BF-109, AV-8B Harrier, Persian Gulf, FA-18C, F-16 Viper, JF-17 Thunder, F-14B TomCattiCat, SuperCarrier, Nevada, Syria, Mariann-Island, South-Atlantic, Channel-Map, Normandy Map + WWII Assets Pack

+1 to this. First thing I noticed. Have not had time to fly it much yet. Looks great though. Thanks for getting it out to us Razbam and ED.

EDIT: Just saw your comment Zeus. Thanks for the .lua info!

Edited by SageOT

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord