[CLOSED, UNHELPFUL BICKERING] M2000C so far...

fjacobsen

General comment to Razbam and Zeus, I want to say a big thank you for releasing this and making this a Merrier Christmas:). The overwhelming majority of us aren't concerned at all about any missing functions or bugs...because we realize it's a Beta and would much rather have something to fly now than wait for a totally finished product!

This wasn't in response to general reporting of bugs of course because that's helpful. But I can't believe people are mad at the condition of a Beta or comparing it to products that have been out for quite some time:D

Have a very Merry Christmas!

Edited by Greekbull
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I also want to thank you RAZBAM for this christmas present :thumbup:

I'm having much fun with this bird and learning how to operate it. Of course there are still problems and many missing functions, but that's why it's called a beta. :)

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nice module, but I have a few questions...

• Gear lever seems not animated

Serveral button assignments doesn´t seem to work, like:

• Flaps up/down (Assigned Buttons, F, Lsh+F, LCtrl+F does nothing)
  • Gear up/down (G toggles, Assigned Buttons, Lsh+G, LCtrl+F does nothing)
  • Airbrake on/off. (B toggles, Assigned Buttons, Lsh+B, LCtrl+B does nothing)
  • Throttle Left/Right entries in control assignment ???
  • I have assigned buttons and axis to my CH-Fighter stick, CH-Pedals and CH-Thottle quadrant.

FinnJ

AFAIK the M2000 being a pure delta has no flaps, I think I remember Wags mentioning that in his video a while back.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

any guides for this yet?

For me Figuring how to start-up and get the aircraft into the air was easy enough ( surprisingly simple to figure out for a 4th gen plane) , as well as getting radar and hud running np easy.

though not sure how to lock on with SA missiles. I dknt know what the different radar modes do.

Doesnt seem to detect targets or be able to lock on to shoot off the SA 530 missile.

Also is it me or do the IR Magic missiles really loose speed fast.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

any guides for this yet?

For me Figuring how to start-up and get the aircraft into the air was easy enough, as well as getting radar and hud running np easy.

though not sure how to lock on with SA missiles. I dknt know what the different radar modes do.

Doesnt seem to detect targets or be able to lock on to shoot off the SA 530 missle.

Please read the manual. I spent five days, writing at least 6 hours per day so that you could have the answers to most of your questions.

\Mods\Aircrafts\M-2000c\Docs

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Please read the manual. I spent five days, writing at least 6 hours per day so that you could have the answers to most of your questions.

And it helped me a LOT! I don't know how I could have done it without. Thank you very much for your effort :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think Zeus just said RTFM. LOL. (He has a good point).

Oh well gee.

I didnt know there was a manual available. I heard that upon intial release it wouldnt be available. at least not in english.

I did not see any pdfs online on the dcs site. There was no info saying I would have to dig into the aircrafts folder installation files to find it.

If i had known i would not have made my earlier post asking the community if there was some sort of quickstart or a general guide.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

views.lua. The last entry, index 13. I wish I can tell you which of the entries there but with my PC busted I can't. So you will have to experiment a little.

Hello, i find this one more compfortable, just give it a try :thumbup:

I've remade the whole script

the file must go into your \Mods\Aircrafts\M-2000c make sure to make a backup of the existing one before to insert this one attached in this post

greetings

Views.rar

Edited by Simon1279

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

slats thought, if I'm not mistaken

Slats are automatic and they retract when wheels are down anyway.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

From Wikipedia:

Definitely not this case. I am also not very happy with the flight model, both with or without FBW. Nothing to compare to the A-10C or Mig-21.

Well, lesson learnt. Next time I wait for a post-release sale.

Yes you are correct, Beta should really be feature complete, a lot of people in the software industry misuse the term Beta release nowadays ;} It should be an Alpha if it's its not fully featured.

Yes you are correct, Beta should really be feature complete, a lot of people in the software industry misuse the term Beta release nowadays ;} It should be an Alpha if it's its not fully featured.

I think you are confusing beta with release candidate. Beta not necessarily is feature complete. Beta is for bug and stability test. And many features can be dropped or new ones included at this stage. From a software development perspective.

A release candidate is feature complete and almost bug free. All features are locked and no major changes expected nor wanted.

And much appreciated it is too!! thanks for m2000c, its really a very nice plane and i for one am having a blast flying it

Jesus ... cut them a break. Do you guys really want 3rd parties delaying products until they are finished or getting you a flyable plane with most features? They probably pushed this out for the holidays knowing its missing some stuff. So far I'm pretty pleased and congratulate Razbam for their work so far.

I think you are confusing beta with release candidate. Beta not necessarily is feature complete. Beta is for bug and stability test. And many features can be dropped or new ones included at this stage. From a software development perspective.

A release candidate is feature complete and almost bug free. All features are locked and no major changes expected nor wanted.

Just ignore people who comment these things, they think they know stuff then complain about said stuff cus they're grumpy.

Best way to deal with them is just ignore them I know it's tempting to start arguing but it's pointless

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Very pleased here, Zeus. Having a blast with the beta so far. Don't worry about he skuds....haters gonna hate. ;-)

It looks like no instrument exports available yet (unless I haven't RTFM enough yet to find it...hehehehe). Not a big deal either....I figured as much given the fact this is a beta.

It's taken me all day to find a way to get this thing (without a working Module Manager) and I'll be darned if I'm gonna complain that it is a beta.

It's a real smart Christmas release! I'll happily take it, bugs and all. It's an early preview of whats to come. Same as with all the other Betas.

Thank you Razbam.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

No not really, I would't like to work where you do if you're saying that Beta's are feature incomplete..... really depends on you're definition, and as I said, it'd being stretched. Beta's are for users to pickup edge case bugs that QA and test did not discover and sometimes to add constructive comments to the usability of an application. Beta's are not some kind of rapid prototyping replacement or Alpha releases which is feature incomplete.

Believe me I know....

You are right that a lot of people in the software industry misuse the term "Beta release" nowadays. The way I learned it in class: Alpha means internal testers only. Beta means external testers. Now what are we doing with 2.0? I guess people don't care what they mean anymore. It's mainly used as a disclaimer for "This might be buggy and unfinished". Some companies like EA just use "beta" as a catch word for "demo".

I don't have a problem with a beta not being feature complete. The term will mean whatever the developer wants it to mean.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zeus67, I see you work for RAZBAM, don't take any of this personally, beta semantics aside the M2000C has the potential to be a great product, there are obviously some things that need sorting out out like missing features and a suspect flight model in places but I'm glad RAZBAM released it when they did. Short of having a large expensive QA team, releasing early and getting community feedback is probably the way to go, I just hope you have the resources to work through the bugs and tweaks in a timely manor. ;)

Just ignore people who comment these things, they think they know stuff then complain about said stuff cus they're grumpy.

Best way to deal with them is just ignore them I know it's tempting to start arguing but it's pointless

Disagree! This one feels rushed to meet the xmas deadline.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

The plane was decided to be released 2 weeks ago bro

And I don't care that you disagree I like this plane and it will only get better from here on and meanwhile I'll enjoy the heck out of it

Hence the deadline. They HAD to release it in time for xmas and a lot of things did not make it into this version. Other betas did have a semi finished feel to it, this feels unfinshed and rushed. Yeah it's nice but I am surprised that ED allowed it out in this state. Like I said, that xmas deadline must have been very important for them.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.