How to? Mirage M2000C.

winchesterdelta1

NEZ is not a French term[...]

Germans are funny guys too smile.gif

A good pun with nez (nose in french) is waiting to happen. I'll let my pun-background-process find something one day, not easy.

"D".

It's in the options as "Special Modes Deselect" in the HOTAS category, and on page 92 of the manual.

For info, I had been using mapping the 3 radar modes control as described in the manual in the HOTAS sections: 'V', 'D' and 'O'.

I noticed that when switching to 530D the radar retained the special mode from close combat configuration but everytime 'D' got me back to normal mode.

It looks like a little bug to me, I suppose the radar should go back to normal mode when selecting the 530 (edit - or let us activate the special modes when 530D is selected?)

When starting up I am unable to throttle up or transition into ground idle. What am i missing? I am using mouse and keyboard because i am on vacation and I am dying to test this baby out.

It seems like the keyboard bindings for some things (including thrust/throttle) don't work. Unless you can find some kind of controller to bind the "Thrust" axis to, you're probably out of luck for now. :(

Okay this thread seems to have become an open thread with all problems, so i start with the most basic problem of all... Where do i find the manual? I have the WIP-manual already downloaded, but i guess it's more than fair to switch to a more updated one by now!

Thx!

I really learn a lot from these threads. Lockon/DCS forums... where have you been all my life?

Okay this thread seems to have become an open thread with all problems, so i start with the most basic problem of all... Where do i find the manual? I have the WIP-manual already downloaded, but i guess it's more than fair to switch to a more updated one by now!

Thx!

I really learn a lot from these threads. Lockon/DCS forums... where have you been all my life?

This path: \DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Doc

Do anyone have some tips on just dogfighting and using the missiles?

I know how to use everything but not in an effective way and as a new A2A pilot its even harder.

No matter what I try I always get shot down.

Would love some tips and how you guys do it :)

Do anyone have some tips on just dogfighting and using the missiles?

I know how to use everything but not in an effective way and as a new A2A pilot its even harder.

No matter what I try I always get shot down.

Would love some tips and how you guys do it :)

That is a good idea for a unique thread.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

• 1 year later...

Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Often (multiplayer) when looking at my radar, I see targets jumping around. I cannot get even a TWS lock on them. Are these targets jamming? If so, does the Mirage have the capability to lock onto a jamming target? If not, what is going on?

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

When you have contact without closing velocity these are fake contacts due to jamming.

V2.3 = real contact

V = fake contact

Ok, so I should still be able to lock onto the real contact (with velocity)?

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

Hey,

with a friend we are stuck on a very simple task ...

How do you make your plane able to turn on the taxi ( INSER button on A10-c ) ? There is only the wheel brake option .

Thx ...

hit S key to toggle nose wheel steering... (IFF interrogation in flight)

Ok, so I should still be able to lock onto the real contact (with velocity)?

Yes. But maybe not at max detection range.

As a side not, this closing velocity next to the contact is useful to assess priorities.

If your speed is M0.9 and the contact shows V1.2, It's probably not a direct threat (slow mover OR not flying toward you. Because the closing velocity depends on your speed, the contact speed and target aspect.

If you see V1.8, the contact is probably flying head on toward you, so it's the first you have to deal with.

It's like "Range While Scan" + "Velocity Search" on the same display.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 5 months later...

Can somebody please help me cycle radar modes? I don't know how to get into cac mode and have to manually ck everything.

In order to successfully "play" DCS, you need:

1. A Supercomputer

2. The budget of the US department of defense