[GOT WAY OFF TOPIC] RWR gives no indication of being fired at

Slipp

Probably not implemented yet as 90% of the other stuff.

I really wonder how ED let a "DCS" brand product be publicly released in this state (that is definitely not beta yet). It only harms the reputation of the DCS brand, and I hope this doesn't set a precedent for future releases.

• Like 1

Probably not implemented yet as 90% of the other stuff.

I really wonder how ED let a "DCS" brand product be publicly released in this state (that is definitely not beta yet). It only harms the reputation of the DCS brand, and I hope this doesn't set a precedent for future releases.

I hate to say it but I agree...

50% of the stuff just isn't working. I thought ED had a very strict quality control. Seems like I was mistaken.

530Ds are useless in current state. (Real life max range 21nm, can't hit anything in game beyond 7)

IFF not implemented.

INS not implemented.

RWR seems to not be working as it should.

Air-air refueling doesn't work.

Drag-chute doesn't work.

Lights not synced in multiplayer.

Several keyboard binding just wont work.

Taxi/landing lights not showing.

Rudder works when it's been blown off.

Constant clicking noise in cockpit.

Missing ADI slip ball.

Need i continue?

Beta or not...This is barley acceptable. :(

50% of the stuff just isn't working. I thought ED had a very strict quality control. Seems like I was mistaken.

530Ds are useless in current state. (Real life max range 21nm, can't hit anything in game beyond 7)

IFF not implemented.

INS not implemented.

Drag-chute doesn't work.

Missing ADI slip ball.

Need i continue?

A beta is a beta! :)

I'm just glad to have it right now and it's awesome.

But fix that RWR soon please. ;)

Edited by Slipp

I can't believe what I am reading...

You guys were acting like children to get your xmas toy ASAP, promising that you wouldn't whining if it were buggy and now it is out and playable, you are using big words for complaining that it is not a beta.

Just enjoy the module, practice the plane and just wait for more updates that will surely fix all the bugs, complete the module and finally give us the full product.

I am fully confident RAZBAM won't let us down on this one.

Many thanks for the hard work already done and good luck for what it needs to be done left.

I am an happy Frenchman with his French toy. :)

I can't believe what I am reading...

You guys were acting like children to get your xmas toy ASAP, promising that you wouldn't whining if it were buggy and now it is out and playable, you are using big words for complaining that it is not a beta.

Just enjoy the module, practice the plane and just wait for more updates that will surely fix all the bugs, complete the module and finally give us the full product.

I am fully confident RAZBAM won't let us down on this one.

Many thanks for the hard work already done and good luck for what it needs to be done left.

I am an happy Frenchman with his French toy. :)

+1 but Swiss

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

A beta is a beta! :)

A BETA is suppose to be feature complete. How come every other "Beta" module in DCS is working so well then?

Because they actually released a Beta and not an Alpha product.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy flying the thing. But in it's current state you can't really use it in any serious missions or in PVP (unless it's only M2000 vs m2000).

No other DCS release has been like that.

For me the two biggest and most breaking things about this is the missing IFF and the poor performance of the 530D. You can barley take on a Mig-21 in a head on pass. Which should be no problem at all if the 530Ds acted like they should.

Edited by Muppetlord

A BETA is suppose to be feature complete. How come every other "Beta" module in DCS is working so well then?

The Mi-8 from Belsimtek was launched on beta and with the most part of features disabled, and after a year they start to work hard on it to leave the beta stage.. and the C-101 and Hawk are on beta for a long time ago and both still use the sfm..

IFF not implemented.

INS not implemented.

Drag-chute doesn't work.

Missing ADI slip ball.

Need i continue?

wait until the release version then. problem solved.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy flying the thing. But in it's current state you can't really use it in any serious missions or in PVP (unless it's only M2000 vs m2000).

For me the two biggest and most breaking things about this is the missing IFF and the poor performance of the 530D. You can barley take on a Mig-21 in a head on pass. Which should be no problem at all if the 530Ds acted like they should.

Bro ... please shut up with the "Feature complete crap"

Just because Leatherneck managed to dish out a Mig-21 in an awesome state doesn't mean It's a standard.

The work that's put in this plane is obviously shown and it will continue to improve with the help of our feedback.

Just look the other devs I won't even mention the VEAO cus that shit is ever worse now then when it came out but C-101 that thing barely got stuff workin and Mi-8 didn't have half shit working within year after the release.

Now quit saying stuff like that it makes me sick

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

go read about BVR in general, and the 530 works on my end very well. You need to "lock" the target twice to go from RWS to TWS to STT mode. Don't expect a AIM120!

BTW, anything abouve 5nm is a BVR shot according to the USAF :smilewink:

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

The Mi-8 from Belsimtek was launched on beta and with the most part of features disabled, and after a year they start to work hard on it to leave the beta stage.. and the C-101 and Hawk are on beta for a long time ago and both still use the sfm..

I've criticized Belsimtek's beta policy many times, but the Mi-8 wasn't as incomplete as this is. And the Hawk and Aviojet both suffered from a programmer leaving/getting fired (the same one?). Those are not exactly flattering examples.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

I don't have a problem with parking the Mirage until the final version, as long as the final release meets the DCS standards.

But the fact that this is called beta when it is not (2.0 alpha has way more of beta than the Mirage...), and the fact that the developers are already announcing half a dozen new products while this one has been "beta" released in this state, don't really reassure me that it will reach the DCS standard. I and my $50 really hope it does though.

I think less emphasis should be put in meeting a release date and more in delivering a solid product on public release. Whatever beta or final.

• Like 1

Bro ... please shut up with the "Feature complete crap"

Just because Leatherneck managed to dish out a Mig-21 in an awesome state doesn't mean It's a standard.

The work that's put in this plane is obviously shown and it will continue to improve with the help of our feedback.

Just look the other devs I won't even mention the VEAO cus that shit is ever worse now then when it came out but C-101 that thing barely got stuff workin and Mi-8 didn't have half shit working within year after the release.

Now quit saying stuff like that it makes me sick

People like you are the reason broken releases are so common today.

the "There have been other broken releases so it's okay with another one." argument is so stupid!

"It's a beta so it should be broken." :chair:

What Leatherneck did SHOULD be a standard! You make it sounds as if a polished, fully working beta shouldn't be a beta at all.

The pure fanboying coming from some of you is disgusting.

go read about BVR in general, and the 530 works on my end very well. You need to "lock" the target twice to go from RWS to TWS to STT mode. Don't expect a AIM120!

BTW, anything abouve 5nm is a BVR shot according to the USAF :smilewink:

I know how to use it, that's not the problem here.

That don't change the fact that it doesn't perform as it should. And no, it isn't an aim120.

This is a simulator, and some deviation from the real world is of course expected. But when it can't even reach half it's real life range then there's something wrong.

Like Mattebubben said in his thread, it seems like it runs in to a wall once the booster stops.

DCS have had problems with the behavior of missiles since it's start. But this one seems particularly bad.

I guess I can only hope for a quick fix.

• Like 2

I don't have a problem with parking the Mirage until the final version, as long as the final release meets the DCS standards.

But the fact that this is called beta when it is not (2.0 alpha has way more of beta than the Mirage...), and the fact that the developers are already announcing half a dozen new products while this one has been "beta" released in this state, don't really reassure me that it will reach the DCS standard. I and my $50 really hope it does though.

I think less emphasis should be put in meeting a release date and more in delivering a solid product on public release. Whatever beta or final.

Thank you! A sane person who isn't blindly fanboying! :)

While I understand small business like this maybe need to offer a product as early as they can, I really do not support alpha/beta releases and pre-purchase culture we developed (especially for AAA titles). Some developers like PMDG, A2A, FSLABS... proved that it's possible to release complete, almost bug free software and I just hope that can become a new industry standard.

Anyway, I like the Mirage, looking forward for full release, in a month, year or two - it doesn't really matter.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

You should know M2000C has far more complex systems than other products(only exceptions for ka-50 and A-10C by ED).

Proper system functions require Proper debugging states. They added basic features, now it's time to test it and kill the bugs.

+1 with this

and also i really don't understand all of the complaints around this forum , since yesterday the "i want it now" guys are blaming razbam for a beta release full of bugs, under my point of view you i suggest guys try to keep calm and play around the toy and start addressing all bugs and share infos about possible fixes after all it is the main focus for a beta test/release, razbam is doing an awesome job on a fantastic plane, it is a complex one, way more complex than a WW2 era plane or an HAWK or the C101, despite the Mig21 Bis quality release which is a "1 on 1000" cases about a beta release, i believe you should help Razbam instead of blaming it.

Back on topic:

The RWR doesn't show incoming missiles, but i have sound beep when do i'm under attack, i had a fought this morning against a su27 and i didn't take any missile on my tail, the su faced the 530D instead

Edited by Simon1279

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

well I didn't ran into a bug so far, just missing features. But what's already there seems to work as intended.

on topic: RWR does give you a sound warning when you are locked or active homing from missles goes active.

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

and also the Mig-21 was hardly perfect on beta release...

as i remember it had plenty of problems... including huge Fps problems.

And the RWR for the Mig-21 still has bugs.

So for a Beta release i think the mirage-2000 is just fine.

Its not fully combat capable yet but overall it looks amazing flies amazing and i suggets taking this time to learn the aircraft etc untill all the "combat" systems are fully modeld and effective.

Ppl that whine have just never purchased a DCS beta product before...

In this game Beta means BETA!!! its not like AAA titles nowadays that are released as a "beta" week or two before launch to act as a demo/tease...

And the same ppl that are whining about missing features now would probably have been whining even more if they had delayed release for 3-6 months in order to have every single function "perfect"

I cannot believe what I am seeing in this thread. During the most difficult time of the year to get a product out a developer manages to provide a beta on Christmas day and have stated before that the product is not entirely finished.

A reasonable person would understand what that means. A reasonable person would understand from following the developer discussions that some features are still being worked on. A reasonable person would also understand that Christmas is time for people to spend time with their families after a year of hard work.

Anyone can see that this product is not 100% finished, but the quality of the product at the moment is not bad at all. The performance is great, it looks great, flies great, and there is a lot of functionality for an aircraft in Beta. Most of the systems that have been excluded from this version was because they weren't ready, or there may be some issues to resolve.

Is this the product I expected to be released yesterday? Pretty much yes. Are there things that are broken? Yes. Will they get fixed? I am sure the developer will get to fixing these issues? Do the developers deserve the heat they are copping from some of the users on this thread? I can't see why people are going off like this when it was reasonable to assume that the quality of the product was going to be what we got yesterday.

I personally think Razbam did a great job with the M2000C and it has put a smile on my face more than a few times today. I am not blind to the things that are not working and in and ideal world products should be released in a 100% working state. That state will come in future, we just need to be patient for a bit longer.

Would I still have pre-purchased the M2000C knowing what I know about the state of the release today? Absolutely. I suspect most of us do.

Getting so tired of the whiners...

While alot still is incomplete, I´m still able to both fly and fight with it.

Both A-A and A-G works more or less how it's supposed to with some items still not implementet.

I also wished for a more complete module as this, though still recognising that it´s a beta. The most irritating part being the unfinished control assignment options.

I have no problem with the M2000C's current state - I just don´t like if developement now will become as we have seen happened with both the Belsimtek and Leatherneck modules.

Razbam has been around the FS scene for many years, so I hope they have a better take on it than the 2 aforementioned companies.

FinnJ

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.