[REPORTED] Default keyboard double mappings ("LALT+W", "D", "F", "K", ...)

OnlyforDCS

For some reason the "D" key is mapped both to weapon change, as well as to something else called "special dispensation" or something like that. In any case it's double mapped, easy to fix, but still...

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Many command for one keyboard button

Hello Im doing a profile on my X52PRO.

I tell the one I still have in head :

-PCA button 1 / nav mode

-Weapon change/ special mode select

-TDC down/ kneeboard I dont remember.

Now I go back in M2000C.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Default Key Mapping Special Modes Deselect and Weapon Change

I searched the forum and I didn't find this issue but if it was reported then my apologies.

Default Key Mapping "Special Modes Deselect" and "Weapon Change" are both assigned to "D". I changed "Special Modes Deselect" to another key but then inside of DCS | Options | key mapping my "Weapon Change" row went all Red.

I jumped into Instant Action Dog fight and was unable to figure out how to get guns going. I have to admit I have not RTFM yet. :) So, I will go read the manual and delete my keyboard mappings in the C:\Users\name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\M-2000C\keyboard start over to see if I have the same behavior.

There is issues with key mapping... you have to "bidouiller" (french word), restart DCS, start again... and you will be able to use the commands...

Thank you for the tip. I have not been back in it yet but I am starting with a new profile or key mapping. So, when I change the offending keys I will restart DCS.

I wrote a program to run against the keyboard.html to find duplicates and here is what I come up with:

"F" Autopilot - Approach Hold

"F" Flaps Up/Down

"RCtrl - L" Formation Lights On/Off

"RCtrl - L" Navigation lights

"1" (1) Navigation Modes

"1" PCA Button 1

"K" Kneeboard glance view

"K" TDC Down

"PageDown" Radar Range Decrease

"PageDown" Throttle Step Down

"PageUp" Radar Range Increase

"PageUp" Throttle Step Up

"M" Magic II Select

"M" Toggle Mirrors

"D" Special Modes Deselect

"D" Weapon Change

"LAlt - W" Launch Permission Override

"LAlt - W" Wheel Brake Right On/Off

Hope it helps out people right away to get up and running.

I wrote a program to run against the keyboard.html to find duplicates and here is what I come up with:

"F" Autopilot - Approach Hold

"F" Flaps Up/Down

"RCtrl - L" Formation Lights On/Off

"RCtrl - L" Navigation lights

"1" (1) Navigation Modes

"1" PCA Button 1

"K" Kneeboard glance view

"K" TDC Down

"PageDown" Radar Range Decrease

"PageDown" Throttle Step Down

"PageUp" Radar Range Increase

"PageUp" Throttle Step Up

"M" Magic II Select

"M" Toggle Mirrors

"D" Special Modes Deselect

"D" Weapon Change

"LAlt - W" Launch Permission Override

"LAlt - W" Wheel Brake Right On/Off

Hope it helps out people right away to get up and running.

UPDATE:

I don't know who else is having this issue. I cleared every single key binding conflict. I exited DCS and then returned and I still have the red lines. The next step was assigning a key to each one of the keys highlighted in red. I exited and returned and I still have the original keys with duplicate in red. I was thinking no problem they might work anyway. I tested by pressing "G" and the key bindings jumped to Landing gear as it should. Pressing any of the other original binding issues does not work. Example "F" for flaps.

Ambiguous keybinds and further problems remapping

I have noticed that there are a number of ambiguous keybinds for the Mirage in the 1.5 Open Beta:

• Weapon Change and Special Modes Deselect both map to "D"
  • Kneeboard glance view and TDC Down both map to "K"
  • Autopilot - Approach Hold and Flaps Up/Down both map to "F"

Now normally this would not be a problem. You would just erase or rebind the duplicate key to something else. But something weird is happening under 1.5. When I clear the binding for one of the duplicates, the other one turns red when I re-open up the controls settings. The binding, which is not technically ambiguous anymore, does not work. This is bad because TDC Down is an important key to have working in an AA fight :)

I also noticed that Jettison Fuel Tanks does not have a keybind, nor does it accept a new keybind.

To reverse the issue, you need to delete the C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\M-2000C\keyboard\Keyboard.diff.lua file. However, you are then left with your ambiguous keys problem.

It seems like there is some weird conflict between the diff file and the default Mirage keybinds. If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be helpful, as I am trying to use a custom TARGET profile which relies on the keybinds, particularly for mapping the TDC to the ministick.

Devs are aware of the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Devs are aware of the problem. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there anything that an end user (i.e. me) can do to fix the conflict? I was thinking that the Mirage might have a custom keybind LUA somewhere that I could override outside of a diff file, but I couldn't find anything when I searched the DCS install. Perhaps it's compiled in already and can't be modified?

As for weapon change D, i have mapped stores select Ctrl + 2 to Ctrl + 5 for quick weapon selection . Also if you for instance select Ctrl + 2 for Magic 2 and find your too close Ctrl + 2 again switches to cannon . This works for all stores command keys . I have them mapped to my Hotas .

Just a tip for anyone that doesnt know as i only found out about this yesterday . :doh:

lol..I tryed to map the ''D'' key on my joystick, erase it from the keybord and now it is in red and not working anymore! I will try to reset the mapping to default and see what happens! :doh:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

There is issues with key mapping... you have to "bidouiller" (french word), restart DCS, start again... and you will be able to use the commands...

Bidouiller... I'm a french speaker and I seriously dont know what it mean! anyway.. I delete the special mode thing and the weapon change! re-map it! restart and weapon change didnt work anymore. i'm literally stock with the close combat mode if I switch to it!

If somebody have an idea...

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

Bidouiller... I'm a french speaker and I seriously dont know what it mean! anyway.. I delete the special mode thing and the weapon change! re-map it! restart and weapon change didnt work anymore. i'm literally stock with the close combat mode if I switch to it!

"Bidouiller" = Try something, another one, then everything you can until that works :D

I had the same problem (don't ask me how i solved: i just don't know), currently i remapped nearly all the M2000C specifics commands with other keys. I don't know how to "correct" the thing, because it's obviously buggy (not only because Razbam, DCS have abnormal behaviours too)

Try to delete all lua scripts in your C:/users/<you>/saved games/DCS <whatever>/Config/Input/M-2000C/

That should all back to the default and allow you to restart from the beginning... but since DCS is buggy, nothing sure.

I delete the special mode thing and the weapon change! re-map it! restart and weapon change didnt work anymore. i'm literally stock with the close combat mode if I switch to it!

Weapon change is not a Mirage-2000 key (just like flaps).

You should use LCtrl+1,2,3 to switch weapons (PCA buttons).

The 'M' key is supposed to switch between gun an magic (HOTAS button) but it overlaps with 'Mirrors' (another leftover).

I remapped this one to RCtrl+M and it works just fine.

Weapon change is not a Mirage-2000 key (just like flaps).

You should use LCtrl+1,2,3 to switch weapons (PCA buttons).

The 'M' key is supposed to switch between gun an magic (HOTAS button) but it overlaps with 'Mirrors' (another leftover).

I remapped this one to RCtrl+M and it works just fine.

I think you dont really know what we are talking about! When you switch to close combat if you want to get out of this mode you need to Cycle weapon. Yes Lctrl 123 switch weapons but this is not a mode...