Huge FPS drop in 2.0 when Mig-21 are close to each other

agentkgb

Hi,

As the title says, tested on the ground and in the air. If two Mig-21 planes are in a close proximity (within around 10 meters or closer), the fps drops a huge amount. With my specs (i5-3550/16GB/NV970) the fps drops from a stable 80-110 to 5-10 fps. As the two planes are moving away and the distance increases the fps comes back.

Thanks,

- KGB -

Screen_151226_135829.thumb.jpg.205d167f09bf9c9ce145696bc0107a6b.jpg

Screen_151226_135812.thumb.jpg.f406729c38a4c2b1ebb53da59d3afc28.jpg

Screen_151226_140439.thumb.jpg.087b6cc5495a17090bf1b6f0f0833199.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same problem here, albeit a bit more extreme.

With two MiG-21s sitting on the tarmac at Nellis, I went from 40 FPS to roughly 40 SPF (Seconds Per Frame).

When the other MiG-21 despawned (player chose another aircraft) the frame rate slowly went up again, and after a minute or two was back to 40 FPS.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

This one is going to be difficult to replicate and investigate I think. I just did a few test flights - two MiGs (me and AI), generic Polish AF skins, air start 5000 m over southern part of the map, a couple of km away. With icons on (for distance measurement) and off, model enlargement to "medium" and off I was closing in on my wingman, down to single digit numbers, monitoring fps all the time. Never got below 50-few.

My specs are: i5 4670 OC'ed do 4.2, a single GTX780 (359.00 drivers), 8 gigs of RAM, Win 7x64. In-game gfx settings mostly on high with object shadows on medium, terrain shadows flat and somewhat medium preload radius, trees and clutter.

Edit: my mission below. Try it out and see what performance you get on Your PC. Also, why not posting your missions, so I can test it on my PC.

MiGx2.miz

Edited by Art-J
Adding attachment.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

This one is going to be difficult to replicate and investigate I think. I just did a few test flights - two MiGs (me and AI), generic Polish AF skins, air start 5000 m over southern part of the map, a couple of km away. With icons on (for distance measurement) and off, model enlargement to "medium" and off I was closing in on my wingman, down to single digit numbers, monitoring fps all the time. Never got below 50-few.

My specs are: i5 4670 OC'ed do 4.2, a single GTX780 (359.00 drivers), 8 gigs of RAM, Win 7x64. In-game gfx settings mostly on high with object shadows on medium, terrain shadows flat and somewhat medium preload radius, trees and clutter.

Edit: my mission below. Try it out and see what performance you get on Your PC. Also, why not posting your missions, so I can test it on my PC.

Did you try you and a friend in multiplayer? I found it always happens then but could not replicate with with AI. Is it trying to render the other cockpit in multi?

I flew with a mate for a couple of hours last night happened all the time. So we just stayed 2 plane lengths away from each other on the ground and all was fine. If we came any closer massive fps drop as others observe.

• 1 month later...

Same Problem here. I get a slideshow in 2.0.1 if there is another MiG-21Bis in close proximity to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Its present both on SP and MP.

Massive frame drop in DCS 2.0.1 with more than one Mig-21. In my case from 60 FPS to 25 with only one Mig-21 by my side. In the initial DCS 2.0 Nevada release this drop never existed.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Weird.

This is only related to the Mig-21. And only with recent updates. With the initial Nevada version no drop at all. With any other plane i dont have such massive frame drop.

And i´m trying with shadows OFF and flat shadows on. Same drop.

The most strange thing is that the drop isn´t related to looking directly at the Fishbed, is like a bubble effect all around. You can look at the opposite direction and the drop is still there.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Reported in the bugtracker.

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.com/m/issue_page.php?id=35

It seems that it is not possible to fix it. They recommend lower the graphical settings

WHAT? :doh:

If it isn't possible to fix it, how have I not had the issue in prior versions?

LNS please be Jonny on the spot with getting this corrected. I can live with waiting years for the SPS 141 to get fixed I guess, but this is going to make it impossible for myself and friends to fly this plane together and probably get it yanked from servers (again)

Edited by Hook47

WHAT? :doh:

If it isn't possible to fix it, how have I not had the issue in prior versions?

LNS please be Jonny on the spot with getting this corrected. I can live with waiting years for the SPS 141 to get fixed I guess, but this is going to make it impossible for myself and friends to fly this plane together and probably get it yanked from servers (again)

Right now the cause is unknown.

We will know more with time.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Weird.

This is only related to the Mig-21. And only with recent updates. With the initial Nevada version no drop at all. With any other plane i dont have such massive frame drop.

And i´m trying with shadows OFF and flat shadows on. Same drop.

The most strange thing is that the drop isn´t related to looking directly at the Fishbed, is like a bubble effect all around. You can look at the opposite direction and the drop is still there.

Thanks for the detail.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 weeks later...

It seems now with the latest 2.0.1 update the issue is less dramatic.

Before i went from 60 playing alone to 30 FPS with other Mig-21 next to me. Now i´m around 45 when another near me and when he moves around 50 meters ahead i recover my 60 solid FPS.

Taking in count that in 1.5.3 i have around 50 with another Mig-21 next to me it´s almost the same right now except that in 1.5.3 i have FPS drop ONLY when i´m looking at the other MIg-21.

In 2.0.1 the drop is all around, no matter where i´m looking.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

We just did a training flight and, having not flown the Mig-21 on the NTTR map for some time, encountered this problem for the 1st time: in cockpit view in a single Mig: 80 FPS. Another player joins in a Mig next to mine, FPS drop to 20s, for him even lower (single digits).

Win10, core i5 2500k@4GHz, 16 Gig RAM, GTX 760

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...