Now that the beta is out, what can we (as the audience) expect in terms of updates?

statrekmike

first off, I gotta say that the plane is fantastic and I can already tell that it will be something special when all the features are in place. My compliments to RAZBAM for their hard work and their ability to get this aircraft out in a combat capable state on Christmas day.

So, now that it is out, how is RAZBAM planning to handle updates? I am not asking for dates as much as a idea about the overall "big-picture" plan. Are some of the incomplete features going to be added during the beta itself? Are we looking at larger patches/updates less frequently or smaller but more frequent updates?

Finally, most important, is there any sort of "priority list" of fixes and incomplete systems in place and if so, can you give us some insight on that?

Again, this is not so much about specific dates of patch releases or anything, I just figure this thread could help communicate the plan to the community in a way that will (hopefully) prevent you from getting slammed with a ton of questions about what will be fixed and when.

I look forward to seeing this module evolve as more features and fixes are put in place.

It is hard to say because we must read the bug list and prioritize them.

Some will be fixed ASAP.

Others will be rolled into systems upgrades.

But now that it is out and flying we will start not only fixing but upgrading until all of us get the aircraft we want and deserve.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I think in terms of UPDATEs, you can expect the team to enjoy the holidays for now and let us learn what we got.

Im just saying...

That's correct, I've been away for the holidays and anxiously waiting to get back to working on everything you all have seen.

I've been watching videos and reading everything I can with the spare time I have. I would prefer to wait until I get back to work up a proper response.

I'm also only on a tablet right now, so my ability to respond to everyone is limited unfortunately. I'll be back home next week and will provide an outline of items and timelines for everything.

Have fun everyone!

• Like 1

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

That's correct, I've been away for the holidays and anxiously waiting to get back to working on everything you all have seen.

I've been watching videos and reading everything I can with the spare time I have. I would prefer to wait until I get back to work up a proper response.

I'm also only on a tablet right now, so my ability to respond to everyone is limited unfortunately. I'll be back home next week and will provide an outline of items and timelines for everything.

Have fun everyone!

Enjoy your holidays Captain, you did a great job so far !

IMHO: RWR and Super 530D need to be looked at really quickly.

Hard to do combat without those working properly.

What's up with the RWR? I mean, is there something wrong with it?

I haven't fudged much with a2a yet, just a quick bout, but I did get contacts on the RWR.

Some will be fixed ASAP.

But now that it is out and flying we will start not only fixing but upgrading until all of us get the aircraft we want and deserve.

First priority , please activate flight command (rudder) with keyboard.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Yeah... wait, what?

Who flies a jet with a keyboard?

(no offense, but IMO there are 20-30 things that have higher priority)

If you only have a joystick and no rudder pedals, the rudder keys are useful. So I can understand this is a priority for some people.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IMHO: RWR and Super 530D need to be looked at really quickly.

Hard to do combat without those working properly.

i don't understand...... i'm killing lots of bandits using the 530D and RWR is working very good

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

If you only have a joystick and no rudder pedals, the rudder keys are useful. So I can understand this is a priority for some people.

Exactly, we cannot stear the aircraft , rudder/nose wheel not fontionning :mad:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Yeah... wait, what?

Who flies a jet with a keyboard?

(no offense, but IMO there are 20-30 things that have higher priority)

No your mistaken. I use rudders on my warthog throttle instead of pedals (prefer it).. anyway x&z cannot be bound currently to a throttle or stick because the keyboard commands dont work for rudder whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Exactly, we cannot stear the aircraft , rudder/nose wheel not fontionning :mad:

As a quick workaround, you can try using roll axis + modifier. I haven't tried it but it should work. You can also make caps lock a modifier and use it as a toggle.

Some will be fixed ASAP.

What have you decided on the ARMAT?

It is mentioned in the manual...

Can we expect it?

YES/NO?

Zeus,

I'm going to climb on my old saw horse once again and plead that all clickable cockpit controls should have a corresponding key mapping. This simply allows for the manipulation of all controls from the keyboard or mapped to a joystick (throttle, etc.) device.

Please, Please , Please.

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Zeus,

I'm going to climb on my old saw horse once again and plead that all clickable cockpit controls should have a corresponding key mapping. This simply allows for the manipulation of all controls from the keyboard or mapped to a joystick (throttle, etc.) device.

Please, Please , Please.

Thanks.

+1