Track IR Head Movement Restricted

Bunyap

Head movement using Track IR in the cockpit is restricted when moving down in the -Y (Nadir) direction. The head can only be lowered a small amount before hitting a limit. This restricts vision around obstacles such as the stick and throttle and feels very unnatural when compared to other modules.

To duplicate, lean over or lower your head in the cockpit. In-game head movement hits a "floor" and stops.

Here is a recommended adjustment to the Views.lua that resolves this:

Line 11 (change in bold):

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.050000,0.450000},y ={-0.500000,0.100000},z = {-0.30000,0.30000},roll = 90.000000},

Thanks!

Edited by Bunyap
  • Like 1

I can confirm I have the same problem using trackIR 5.

EDIT: Didn't read the last bit of your post. Thanks for the fix.

Edited by Steggles

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

Yeah I noticed this right away, thanks for the tip Bunyap!

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

To duplicate, lean over or lower your head in the cockpit. In-game head movement hits a "floor" and stops.

Yes! Bunyap's 6DOF tweak merged with Sergeiev's Views.lua (http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2614588&postcount=13) makes a huge improvement.

Thank you guys! :thumbup:

This made this module almost unplayable to me, since I couldn't see whats going on on the radar screen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

New patch new head position seems ok.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I'm bumping this to the top in case anybody still needs it. It wasn't included in today's update but maybe next time...

I find the new views acceptable.

Note that if you have my English cockpit installed, it affects entry.lua and prevents Views.lua from getting loaded. You need to add the views.lua dofile() line to the one in my mod, and then head position should be okay.

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping this to the top again. The description of the problem and solution are in the top post.

Again, this has nothing to do with head position or anything else that has been reported and fixed. Please let me know if there are any questions.