Can I give my friend the activation key of a certain module when I don't use it?

domini99

I have a module I no longer play, ever.

The activation key used to activate the module the first time you launch it...

If I deactivate it on my PC, can my friend use the key to activate the module, so he can play it?

I mean as in, he downloads the module from the E-Store, and activates it with my key.

Thanks in advance,

Dominique

My understanding was giving it away as a gift was ok, but trading or selling was not allowed.

As in "giving away as a gift"

That means, me uninstalling my module and giving the key to my friend and say "Suprise! Have fun!" or am I doing this wrong?

As in "giving away as a gift"

That means, me uninstalling my module and giving the key to my friend and say "Suprise! Have fun!" or am I doing this wrong?

correct.however go into your profile on dcs website and bind to the user...I.e you friend and your done.

all they do is download from module manager

if you need help let me know and I can create a video. I have done this a few times

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

correct.however go into your profile on dcs website and bind to the user...I.e you friend and your done.

all they do is download from module manager

if you need help let me know and I can create a video. I have done this a few times

The key is not bounded to my account, keys from steam are not binded to your DCS account I suppose?

OK. does your friend have steam.

if so gift it to him on there..

if not then go into your dcs profile and you can enter the key. (it will ask if you want to bind to dcs).

this takes it away from steam and into dcs.

once you have done that you can bind to your friend.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Edited by =DECOY=

Steam instructions

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=549#gifts-whatare

on dcs profile page,,bottom left (licence check) put the key in there and you can bind to account

[ATTACH]131402[/ATTACH]

So if I am correct, if I unbind the module (which is activated and flyable) from my steam installation, and thus uninstall DCS World for Steam, and bind it to my ED account, I will no longer be able to use the module on Steam but it will be for Standalone.

Once it's unbinded from my Steam account, I can bind it to my friends account, and he can download it in the module manager?

If this information is correct, i'll just unbind everything from my steam account and move to the standalone version of DCS.

Sorry, not trying to derail the topic as I was browsing the thread to see if it was indeed possible to trade modules you don't use...still unsure of rules. some say yes, some say no...I probably missed some bold text somewhere.

I have the A-10C module purchased which I never fly that I would absolutely love to trade for the F-86...I didn't think that was even possible because my DCS World was downloaded through steam and the module already activated and I've flown several hours in it. As with other steam games, once you add them to your library it kills your ability to trade them even if you uninstall them as they are permanently assigned to your steam account...surely this would be the case with DCS Modules, right?

Again, sorry, not my intent to derail the topic but I can't quite justify creating a new thread for essentially the same question..

“Maxim 3:

An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

-The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries”

― Howard Tayler

So if I am correct, if I unbind the module (which is activated and flyable) from my steam installation, and thus uninstall DCS World for Steam, and bind it to my ED account, I will no longer be able to use the module on Steam but it will be for Standalone.

Once it's unbinded from my Steam account, I can bind it to my friends account, and he can download it in the module manager?

If this information is correct, i'll just unbind everything from my steam account and move to the standalone version of DCS.

yes that's correct . I did exactly that ..never had to wait for steam to catch up

Edited by =DECOY=

Sorry, not trying to derail the topic as I was browsing the thread to see if it was indeed possible to trade modules you don't use...still unsure of rules. some say yes, some say no...I probably missed some bold text somewhere.

I have the A-10C module purchased which I never fly that I would absolutely love to trade for the F-86...I didn't think that was even possible because my DCS World was downloaded through steam and the module already activated and I've flown several hours in it. As with other steam games, once you add them to your library it kills your ability to trade them even if you uninstall them as they are permanently assigned to your steam account...surely this would be the case with DCS Modules, right?

Again, sorry, not my intent to derail the topic but I can't quite justify creating a new thread for essentially the same question..

selling is a no no..as ed is loosing money and I think that's understandable.

however gifting is OK as your not profiting..

so for example if I gifted u a plane and you returned the favour .

it's a gift. which you have donated

again I'm sure someone will put me straight if I'm wrong

p.'s you can link the key to dcs..I did with all my ones and one module I gave away recently

Edited by =DECOY=

yes that's correct . I did exactly that ..never had to wait for steam to catch up

Cool, I'll do that.

Can't get the Mirage on Steam.

I can just buy the modules I want, that are available on Steam using Steam (iDeal payment method) and activate them on standalone, and get the E-Store goodies without a problem. (Using PayPal)

Cool, I'll do that.

Can't get the Mirage on Steam.

I can just buy the modules I want, that are available on Steam using Steam (iDeal payment method) and activate them on standalone, and get the E-Store goodies without a problem.

yep..

sometimes steam has cheaper modules then the stand alone...last month I bought the hawk on steam for $5 less then stand alone..and simply migrated it over.

but seriously if you want me to create a video showing how to do it I'm more then happy to do so.

yep..

sometimes steam has cheaper modules then the stand alone...last month I bought the hawk on steam for $5 less then stand alone..and simply migrated it over.

but seriously if you want me to create a video showing how to do it I'm more then happy to do so.

If you could do that, I would really appreciate that.

My autistic brain has some difficulty understanding sometimes :)

:thumbup:https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv25qceimctcg0l/Desktop%2027.DEC.2015%20-%2016.30.19.08.mp4?dl=0

once you have done this,,,, go into the stand alone dcs. click on module manager and install from there

DONE

Edited by =DECOY=

selling is a no no..as ed is loosing money and I think that's understandable.

however gifting is OK as your not profiting..

so for example if I gifted u a plane and you returned the favour .

it's a gift. which you have donated

again I'm sure someone will put me straight if I'm wrong

p.'s you can link the key to dcs..I did with all my ones and one module I gave away recently

This is great news then. Yeah, it would make sense that re-selling is a no-go, and not my intention, I already paid my $49.99 for the A-10C module, and I don't regret spending that money. It's well deserved money by the devs, I just sadly do not use it as much as I probably should, so I'd rather trade it to someone who would use it much more. The F-86 Sabre module interests me and is of the same value, so trying to re-sale the A-10 would be moot as I'd use the money to buy the Sabre, lol, so a straight across trade should keep the devs from losing a sale on a used copy...just a matter of finding the needle in the haystack.

Thank you again for the help!

“Maxim 3:

An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.

-The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries”

― Howard Tayler

• 4 years later...

Hello!!

A very dear friend who owns many many DCS modules, wants to give me as a gift his F5 Tiger because he never uses it anymore.

What is the exact procedure for him to follow, in order to be able to gift me the module ?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply!!

• ED Team

Hi

it is not possible to gift modules that have already been used on an account.

EULA is here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/license/

It is possible to purchase a module as a gift for someone else.

if you are not sure please contact support directly

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2