Laserguided Bombs?

FishDoctor

i can only presume that you did not have the same laser code set up. buddy lasing requires that your lgb is looking for a laser that carries the same code that it is programmed for - in the A10 this means you are setting it up in the weapons screen - not sure on mirage yet.

normally you would also have to set the lgb to autolase for a certain amount of seconds... or lase it manually using the pinky switch - again,,, i am unsure what is modelled int eh mirage yet.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

As I posted in the bug report thread, I've tested everything between 1110 and 1210 so far and none of those codes work. 1688 was also tested and didn't work. I'll keep everybody updated as to my progress. It's not a terribly quick process to test the codes but I should be able to try them all before too long.

one sec here !!!! the Mirage has a laser guided bombs ?? i thought it only has dumb bombs . If it has laser guided bomb where can i find how to use it . sorry for the off topic question.

Edit : just checked Pg 95 of the manual and it actually says that you can use GBU laser guided bomb in the mirage . I ve never used A/G weaponry before and would like to know how i can use it in the mirage . like how to enter the so called Laser code and so on.. Thanks in advance

Edited by simo1000rr

Update

I tested every single code between 1110 and 1710. None of them caused the GBU to track. I tried some terribly invalid stuff too, such as 0, 111, 9999, etc. None of those worked either. It looks like RAZBAM will have to make some changes in order to allow the laser guided bombs to work.

The bug report thread has been updated accordingly.

Update

I tested every single code between 1110 and 1710. None of them caused the GBU to track. I tried some terribly invalid stuff too, such as 0, 111, 9999, etc. None of those worked either. It looks like RAZBAM will have to make some changes in order to allow the laser guided bombs to work.

The bug report thread has been updated accordingly.

I think you win Beta tester of the year award for that...

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

I have to respect your determination, that must have taken a lot of time testing all those laser codes.

Haha yes, it did take a while. But not as much as you might think! I was able to test 20 codes at a time. I set up a target range consisting of a line of trucks next to a line of JTACs. I used the JTAC auto lase script to give each JTAC a different laser code, then I dropped 4 GBUs so that the seekers swept down across the line of trucks as they fell. If one of the codes worked, the 4 GBUs should have all tracked to the same target instead of impacting spaced apart on the ground. Once a set of codes failed, I just went back to the editor and changed all the codes to the next set. Repeat 40-50 times (I had to redo some runs that I was not satisfied with, as well as occasionally verifying it still worked by using the A-10C).

That's nice. So what is the word, Smiley? Is this feature currently broken?

Lol I'd say so. After all, I did test every laser code. It would be nice, though, if Smiley could tell us what the laser code was supposed to be so that I do not have to repeat this in the future.

I think you win Beta tester of the year award for that...

Thank you! It's a real honor, everybody. It's been a fantastic year for DCS and the M-2000C really tops it off. I'd like to thank my family, friends, my bird who copilots the aircraft with me. Thanks to the community. You guys have all been great. A special thanks to the flu/cold/illness that my wife got the last few days, which gave me a valid reason to spend the vast majority of my time in the office testing DCS instead of sitting next to her watching TV. I couldn't have done it without you flu/cold/illness. Thanks again everybody! I'm honored to receive this award!

[/ACCEPTANCESPEECH]

• Like 1

I think the laser code will be changed in the loadout menu (when rearming) allowing to choose your own lgb code. In a future dcs update ?

(not sure where I read that anyway or if i'm dreaming)

L'important n'est pas de tuer, mais de survivre.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you read this you are too curious

I think the laser code will be changed in the loadout menu (when rearming) allowing to choose your own lgb code. In a future dcs update ?

(not sure where I read that anyway or if i'm dreaming)

I doubt it. That would require the standard DCS World popup dialog to be changed by ED.

The solutions I can think of, either

a) simplest variant: M2KC uses always a fixed code

b) personally preferred: in the ME the 3rd party devs can add own options. This is used already for i.e. the Huey (disabling the weapon pylons to make it a Slick, IR suppressors, addtional armor (Mi-8), etc.). Here they could add 4 (=max. no. of GBUs) fields where the mission designer could enter the codes per pylon.

• 1 month later...

ok, i'm the third one asking and hope it will bring up something, how do you input codes and where. No one answer the question being asked and keep talking about codes not working. I presume that, those people knows how to input them codes. Since i cannot find any tutorials on Youtube or threads on here explaining how to. Help from those people knowing how would be appreciated. Either pointing out theads found on it it or videos or pages of the nanual i might have missread or simply sharing the process on this thread. :)

Thanks again.

You can't. GBU-12s carried on the Mirage have a default lase code of 1688.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer