2nd keyboard with custom key mappings?

Perfect! I have ordered a 33 key USB numpad. Hope it works :thumbup:

i'm not sure it will work, or if it does it may result in keyboard keys getting jammed up. you are welcome to try but don't be shocked if you need to reboot to get your keyboard back if something goes wrong.

if i feel the urge, i'll add something to the config script to specify multiple devices. that's the right way to do it.

and i added a new website for it http://steveh2112.wix.com/multi-keyboard-remap but the one here http://www.2112design.com/blog/multi-keyboard-remapper/ is more likely to be the most current

Edited by steve2112

My kit: i7-4790K@4GHz / 8GB - GTX 980ti + rift CV1 - X52 pro - Multi Keyboard Remapper - 2DOF motion sim (in development)

oh right, i wrote it for a 101 key keyboard, i see your point about using scan codes, and yes, there is a problem with not having a comment line, i can fix that easy

i just fixed it and added the entering of a scan code, as always see http://www.2112design.com/blog/multi-keyboard-remapper/ for instructions

UPDATE: I just realized that what i did isn't 100% of what's needed to use keys that ar'nt on the standard 101 key keyboards, but i'll add that today.

another update, version 0.005 should let you enter scan codes for numpads, etc. but i don't have one so its a little hard to me 100% sure so please let me know. thx

I tried yesterday .004. It's so better to use scan codes in my case! Thanks.

Just one more question. I'm having problem to bind S-Pause combination for active pause. It seems that Pause button cannot be simulated. Is that the case?

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

pause is a bit weird, it uses 3 byte codes,

see http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2keyboard/scancodes1.html

its possible but need some work from me, not sure i'm into that just for 1 key. how often do you use it?

Don't worry, it's not a big problem I will change it in DCS. So far I was trying to avoid that since I use almost unmodified settings in DCS but I can live with it :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Job Done

Some quick labels :)

picture.php?albumid=1138&pictureid=7528

and my config.txt source

HID\VID_046D&PID_C52B&REV_1201&MI_00

#004f F1 function_1
#0050 F2 function_2
#0051 F3 function_3
#004b F4 function_4
#004c F5 function_5
#004d F6 function_6
#0047 F7 function_7
#0048 F8 function_8
#0049 F9 function_9
#e053 F10 function_10
#e035 F11 function_11
#0037 F12 function_12
#0052 C-M master_caution
#0053 Tab chat
#004e C-E eject
#004a C-C canopy
#000e A-' rearm
#e01C C-NumEnter

Edited by wasyl00

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi steve2112, looks very interesting.

i try to map CDU to one key press like Num0 is Left CTRL+Left WIN+NUM0

but #0052 C-W-Num0 doesn't work for me.

I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by HiWay

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

hi steve2112, looks very interesting.

i try to map CDU to one key press like Num0 is Left CTRL+Left WIN+NUM0

but #0052 C-W-Num0 doesn't work for me.

I'm doing something wrong?

ok, fixed now

http://2112design.com/downloads/remapper0.007.zip

please check it out and let me know, i want to release as a v1.0 and upload to some software download sites.

thx steve

Edited by steve2112

My kit: i7-4790K@4GHz / 8GB - GTX 980ti + rift CV1 - X52 pro - Multi Keyboard Remapper - 2DOF motion sim (in development)

ok, fixed now

http://2112design.com/downloads/remapper0.007.zip

please check it out and let me know, i want to release as a v1.0 and upload to some software download sites.

thx steve

thanks Steve2112, looks good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
Win11x64, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti, i5-8600K OC4.5 GHz, 120GB SSD INTEL 530, SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250G, 1TB HDD WD RED, MSI Z370-A PRO, Cougar AQUA 360 CPU cooler, Kingston 2x32GB DDR4 3800MHz, 4K LG 50" Monitor, Meta Quest Pro VR, Orion2 HOTAS MAX,Orion Metal Flight Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition), GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT.

i just added a kickstarter project to raise money to develop a GUI front end configuration and label printing tool for Multi Keyboard Remapper. If interested, please contribute $5 to the kickstarter project.

Don't worry, the basic text configured version will continue to be free always.

Edited by steve2112

i just added a kickstarter project to raise money to develop a GUI.....

Great Idea. I'll support you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got my LogiLink working

I now have my LogiLink working with this setup. LogiLink USB keyboard is a very cheap keyboard with 33 keys. The keyboard is silicone based so washable and you can roll it up and store it away easily. Keys is not very good but do the job. I have made a assignment layout, test profiles and I also provide my own profile in the .zip file. All functions you see on the provided lauout are working and tested for F-15, Su-27 and Su-25 but I believe they should work fine for all FC3 aircrafts. I intend to create a new layout for A-10C and the Ka-50 but these will of course use other functions.

I will support the Remapper project further with some funding :thumbup:

Project zip file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/23txiw29fg9t7ge/LogiLink%20Remapper%20Share.zip?dl=0

I have split the keyboard image in two parts so you can create images that will fit your knee-board.

attachment.php?attachmentid=133066&d=1453053468

1448249130_NumpadKeyboard_1600x900.thumb.png.f299ae6b8cb1227b8fb059b5dda7dd63.png

nice work.

actually, one more small favor to ask anyone using this, pls download from here

http://download.cnet.com/Multi-Keyboard-Remapper/3000-2094_4-76473055.html

and leave a nice review if you have time.

i think it would be useful to a lot of people beyond DCS, but so far only DCS players are using it.

thanks, Steve

thanks, if anyone really needs support for a third keyboard/numpad whatever, let me know, i think it would not be too hard to add that, although its not something i would likely use.

funny, you must have been typing the above post as i was typing this. what's that about great minds think alike!

Edited by steve2112

If you make it possible to use 3 keyboards I will get one more of these numpads as they fits fine left and right on my DCS setup. I see that it may not be overwhelming use for it also and it maybe simpler to just get a small 101 keyboard for the more advanced aircrafts. But adding a third keyboard makes it possible to have like two sidepanels with 101 keys on both sides :D

If you make it possible to use 3 keyboards I will get one more of these numpads as they fits fine left and right on my DCS setup. I see that it may not be overwhelming use for it also and it maybe simpler to just get a small 101 keyboard for the more advanced aircrafts. But adding a third keyboard makes it possible to have like two sidepanels with 101 keys on both sides :D

i'll do it but i've just taking a job for 2 weeks fixing up a yacht, so i will not have any time until start Feb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi man! Seems like a good programm. Searched the internet like forever for this. Only I have one problem. I have installed the install-interception. I've got my keyboard specific code. But when I want to execute my personal txt file trough remapper.exe, I immediately get the error "remapper.exe has stopped working".

This error even occurs when I execute the DCS_remapper.txt

I want this programm so bad but I don't know how to solve this problem. Maybe one of you could help me?

Keep up the good work!

(srry for my English mistakes. It's not my native language:D)

Never mind I found the problem :D Kind of a noob mistake. I forgot to write the path again to my txt file. I almost not use CMD so I lack skills in it. So awesome programm