Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed (hopefully for good!) smile.gif

Looking forward to it, thanks!

The interception ring, my name actually since the French name is Directour d' Orders, appears whenever there is a locked radar target and the system is in AA or in POL modes.

A small square also appears with the ring. The small square shows the interception vector towards the locked target. If you put the small square inside the ring, then you are flying in an intercept course towards the target. At this time the small square is malfunctioning and is not showing the true interception vector.

Thank you so much it's much clearer (and I had it all wrong)! :thumbup:

Until this makes it to the manual I'll post a link to this post whenever someone asks for it so you don't have to answer again and again.

P.S.: On a side note, I think a better translation would be "Flight Director" as it is a common term to describe a cue that you need to follow in order to fly a certain path.

For example: "Interception Flight Director" for the little square and "Flight Director Ring" for the ring.

Edited by PiedDroit

Looking forward to it, thanks!

Thank you so much it's much clearer (and I had it all wrong)! :thumbup:

Until this makes it to the manual I'll post a link to this post whenever someone asks for it so you don't have to answer again and again.

P.S.: On a side note, I think a better translation would be "Flight Director" as it is a common term to describe a cue that you need to follow in order to fly a certain path.

For example: "Interception Flight Director" for the little square and "Flight Director Ring" for the ring.

I like your suggestion so I'll use it. Thanks.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Is their documentation that refers to this small square as the "steering" reference ? The various HUD videos and references shown here indicate a Steering Dot ..... though not sure if these references are for the C or a later mir2K model.

Is their documentation that refers to this small square as the "steering" reference ? The various HUD videos and references shown here indicate a Steering Dot ..... though not sure if these references are for the C or a later mir2K model.

The info i was given call the entire ring+square combo "Directeur d'ordres" (Google Translate: Director of orders). They are not identified individually.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I like your suggestion so I'll use it. Thanks.

Good, happy to help :thumbup:

I put the word "interception" only for the little square, this is deliberate because the ring is fixed and thus does not correspond to any function except flight director, as this is the little square that is giving the actual queue to interception path.

Hence the "Interception Flight Director" / "Flight Director Ring"

Edited by PiedDroit

The info i was given call the entire ring+square combo "Directeur d'ordres" (Google Translate: Director of orders). They are not identified individually.

Understand but is it a small square or a Dot ? the images shown in the forums imply it should be a dot rather than a small square.

Understand but is it a small square or a Dot ? the images shown in the forums imply it should be a dot rather than a small square.

I am not at liberty to show what I have but the image is that of a circle and a small empty square.

already noted by Cpt Smiley. go into missions and click onto instant action folder

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

:thumbup:I hate to be "that" guy, but the word "pipper" is misspelt ("piper") almost everywhere in the manual. A "piper" is not the same as a "pipper". :smartass:

Easy fix, search and replace all piper/pipper.

Edited by chrisofsweden

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

When will the update hit DCS 1.5?

Internal schedule says barring any problem it will be on next Friday.

It will be a major update.

I haven't looked through the whole list of posts so I apologize if this has been covered but any idea when the air refueling will work?

"You should fly a fighter aircraft one inch from out of control at all times in a purposeful way" -Willie Driscoll USN (ret)

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 103

F-14B BuNo 161435

VF-103

CAPT J. "Bowser" Mayse

http://www.statelyfe.com

Did anyone else lose their instant action missions?

Tokenjo

File names in the lua are (again) wrong ... if by any chance you already corrected it prior to 2.01 you can find your old working lua in one of the backup folders.