Removed

CptSmiley

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i'm not sure of the logic...but why can i not STT in BFR mode?

Quoted from other thread:

Dashed lines: Jammer. Red = Strong signal; Yellow = Weak signal, near burnthrough; Green = Burnthrough. You can see the contact again.

Contact icons without data are fakes created by enemy jamming equipment.

BFR (Low PRF): Nearly impervious to notching but highly susceptible to ground returns. Reduced range. Target lock disabled. Contact icons are hollow squares.

ENT (Interleaved, a mix of LPRF and HPRF): Tries to get the best of LPRF and HPRF. Medium range. TWS lock only. Contact icons are "V".

HFR (High PRF): Full doppler radar. Susceptible to notching but not to ground returns. Max range available. STT and TWS locks available. This is the only mode that can guide weapons. Contact icons are "V".

The jamming icons/functionality are WiP and are not final. This was under development when the quake hit. Since it is stable I decided to release it in this patch. Jamming functionality is all WAGuess since nobody will ever publish their radar ECM and ECCM capabilities.

Enemy jamming decreases radar range between 50% to 60%

Attention: Radar antenna movements with a locked target has been improved, but it is not thoroughly tested thanks to the quake. Radar lock loss ratio should decrease. Please inform if that is the case or not.

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

oh yeah i remember this post now..HAHA..but on the note of

Attention: Radar antenna movements with a locked target has been improved, but it is not thoroughly tested thanks to the quake. Radar lock loss ratio should decrease. Please inform if that is the case or not.

this issue still persist if the target is above lock is still lost as if the radar antenna ponits down instead of up???? also the radar elevation says often looking down when the HIGH contact is lost.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

I agree I'm losing radar lock in PID(TWS) almost all the time it would lock then after 2 seconds the I drop the lock

SST is more stable but it some cases where it shouldn't drop lock at all drops when the missile is half way towards the target

For example I'm holding steady lock at the target that's comming at me at an 130 degrees of angle and 800 knots closure rate

I hold the lock for 20 miles when hes at 7 miles I launch the missile the missile tracks for a while then I lose a lock for no reason target is just flying in a straight line no change in course and the missile stops tracking

He was above me so ground didn't effect this 1 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Indeed, there are still troubles to keep the lock. Example:

Me at ~16000ft, M0.8 and single MiG-21 at ~28000ft and M0.9.

Target acquisition at about 30nm, lock in STT at about 25nm.

Lock is kept for about 5 seconds and then dropped and contact is lost.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Tested yesterday evening on 104th, i lost continuosly the lock, and this for several times before i could be able to fire the 530: lock - lost, relock - lost; relock again - lost ecc. ecc....on the same target.

However i've been able to splash one F-15C with a S-530, and others with Magic.

PID lock is known defective. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=166810

We should wait for next update/fix, and in the meantime use PIC exclusively.:book:

Andrei, are you using OPEN BETA branch, up to date? (check version number vs this)

This is the one (and for now, the only one) that got the last update which fixed the PIC lock.

Edited by Azrayen

spacer.png

We should wait for next update/fix, and in the meantime use PIC exclusively.:book:

Andrei, are you using OPEN BETA branch, up to date? (check version number vs this)

This is the one (and for now, the only one) that got the last update which fixed the PIC lock.

:thumbup:

Thank for the info.

I tested in Open Beta indeed.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I was wondering, could Razbam push Hot Fixes when something critical is broken like happened and could inevitably happen in the past. It seems that technically it is possible and we saw Leatherneck doing.

So far it didn't happen the patch was generally always released on ED's whim

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Okay folks. The moderators have been warned and the thread has been cleaned. All dev vs dev nonsense posts have been deleted and please refrain from making such posts in the future.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

With the latest patch, the config/FM.lua has been changed to .luac, so we are no longer able to adjust force feedback gain from editing gains in config/FM.lua. Is there a way to edit this file to adjust force feedback gain?

With the latest patch, the config/FM.lua has been changed to .luac, so we are no longer able to adjust force feedback gain from editing gains in config/FM.lua. Is there a way to edit this file to adjust force feedback gain?

We'll find a way to help you with this issue.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

And how do we change the TCD slew speed via cfg file as well?

Yes, you will be able to do so. But please be patient, it is in our To-Do list but I am dealing with other stuff with higher priority.

Yes, you will be able to do so. But please be patient, it is in our To-Do list but I am dealing with other stuff with higher priority.

No problem I don't really need to change it, Just I remembered you saying something about it and Thought it was already in

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Folks, today's patch brings out a series of bug fixes. No new features for the moment.