Removed

CptSmiley

Exactly. We need ED to model the 29A and S to face mirage and F18 for example.

Mirage is great fun but no real opponent.

I stop here. Don't want to hijack the thread

Jepp, going of topic here. Though the M2000C and F-14 vs. 70ies MiG-29 and MiG-21bis sounds promising...

Edited by shagrat
Typos-galore

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really understand why so many ppl complain about the Mirage 2000s performance in MP...

I actually do very well with it against the FC3 fighters.

I avg at least 2 kills a sortie and my KD is usually around 3-1.

The Mirage is very deadly up close and so if you get to the merge the enemy will be in a world of hurt.

Sure its not perfect but even in the state it is today you can take on any Fighter in the game.

You just have to do it on your terms.

You cant just do a Head-on attack from 40 miles out at 20k+ Feet and expect to win against a F-15 etc.

Personally i use alot of terrain to get close and i try to sneak up on ppl or engage someone who is focused on something else.

If a enemy fighter goes head on with me i generally turn to make him chase then use terrain to pop up on him when he does not expect it.

If a enemy fighter is not engaging you push but if he is try to use terrain to get the edge on him instead of attempting a head on slugging match that you are unlikely to win against a enemy that has more missiles.

When flying an aircraft you need to adapt you tactics to that aircraft.

You cant fly all fighters the same and expect good results.

And if you use the Mirages strengths you will do good.

And you will do even better once all the problems get ironed out.

(as they are being fixed at a very rapid pace)

I dont really understand why so many ppl complain about the Mirage 2000s performance in MP...

The Mirage is very deadly up close and so if you get to the merge the enemy will be in a world of hurt.

Sure its not perfect but even in the state it is today you can take on any Fighter in the game.

You cant just do a Head-on attack from 40 miles out at 20k+ Feet and expect to win against a F-15 etc.

Personally i use alot of terrain to get close and i try to sneak up on ppl or engage someone who is focused on something else.

If a enemy fighter goes head on with me i generally turn to make him chase then use terrain to pop up on him when he does not expect it.

If a enemy fighter is not engaging you push but if he is try to use terrain to get the edge on him instead of attempting a head on slugging match that you are unlikely to win against a enemy that has more missiles.

I got 5 kills today in Blueflag 2 against Eagles, 1 Huey and 2 mirages. Got shot only once by a SAM and I was idiot about it.

^this. And if the F-15 is limited to AIM-7s for long range, it is a good match... still better BVR performance, sure, but without AIM-120 the advantage is not so dramatic.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

again no update this week fot DCS World 2 Alpha from ED since 29.4.

Hello RAZBAM-Team,

it's possible to upload a separate update for the Mirage for DCS World 2?

I love to fly the mirage, but i only fly it on the NTTP Map.

So it would be nice to fly an updated mirage in DCS2.

or did you only update your mirage with the offical ED-update every friday?!

again no update this week fot DCS World 2 Alpha from ED since 29.4.

Hello RAZBAM-Team,

it's possible to upload a separate update for the Mirage for DCS World 2?

I love to fly the mirage, but i only fly it on the NTTP Map.

So it would be nice to fly an updated mirage in DCS2.

or did you only update your mirage with the offical ED-update every friday?!

They said somewhere else that they had not prepared anything for todays update because they want to finish some work first so that the next update is more complete.

And afaik, Razbam uploads their changes for all DCS:W versions (release, OB and OA) at once anyways. But then it is in ED's responsibility to decide and roll out the update for a specific variant. So we got today an update for DCS:W release branch and any changes for 2.0 that some 3rd party dev might have uploaded will be of no help right now anyways. That is, until 2.0 gets updated by ED.

They said somewhere else that they had not prepared anything for todays update because they want to finish some work first so that the next update is more complete.

And afaik, Razbam uploads their changes for all DCS:W versions (release, OB and OA) at once anyways. But then it is in ED's responsibility to decide and roll out the update for a specific variant. So we got today an update for DCS:W release branch and any changes for 2.0 that some 3rd party dev might have uploaded will be of no help right now anyways. That is, until 2.0 gets updated by ED.

thank you! so i must and will wait :music_whistling:

I don't really understand why so many ppl complain about the Mirage 2000s performance in MP...

Personally i use a lot of terrain to get close and i try to sneak up on ppl or engage someone who is focused on something else.

I might be wrong, but the discussion seems to be a lot on 1 Vs 1 fights. (not especially you but in general)

If you want to fight Fox 1 BVR you have to play at least with a wingman, so a pair of Mirage 2000 can give a bad day to a lone F-15 or Su 27. The Mirage is especially good between FL200 to FL400, and you have plenty of chaffs to spoof R-27ER.

2 Vs 1 ratio (at least locally) is a realistic tactic for Fox 1 interceptors...

So even if it's effective, fighting low isn't the only option IMHO.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I might be wrong, but the discussion seems to be a lot on 1 Vs 1 fights. (not especially you but in general)

If you want to fight Fox 1 BVR you have to play at least with a wingman, so a pair of Mirage 2000 can give a bad day to a lone F-15 or Su 27. The Mirage is especially good between FL200 to FL400, and you have plenty of chaffs to spoof R-27ER.

2 Vs 1 ratio (at least locally) is a realistic tactic for Fox 1 interceptors...

So even if it's effective, fighting low isn't the only option IMHO.

i dont know where you play but you show up high in a mirage on say the 104th or any F-15 server and your a dead man unless the guy is blind SA.

8700k@4.7 32GB ram, 1080TI hybrid SC2

i dont know where you play but you show up high in a mirage on say the 104th or any F-15 server and your a dead man unless the guy is blind SA.

I did yesterday at FL350 against an Su-27. All BVR missiles on both sides spoofed and ended up low in a turning fight in the mountains. SU-27 could not shake me. Lots of fun. Nothing is guaranteed. :)

Perhaps razbam could also include the sounds for the throttle (idle clutch, afterburner etc. )

See the videos here

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMF5YHk6JeYTo7tC6pF2GzsdjWKi7FVRapcoElfm4jIbK1iihsu5wkQPtYdbeLvcA?key=SHZ3czJNYVNaRnRZOHBYcWFwN0NEZUFWQm40eVl3

Also, i don't know if it's possible to create for trackir users an (optional) head movement restriction for heavy g load's.

Edited by jaguara5

Hey just wanted you to know we've got this fixed in development so you should see a permanent solution in the next update.

in Mods/M-2000C/ForceFeedback.lua just edit the gain values that you desire.

Ok thanks alot. You guys are awesome :thumbup:

Perhaps razbam could also include the sounds for the throttle (idle clutch, afterburner etc. )

See the videos here

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMF5YHk6JeYTo7tC6pF2GzsdjWKi7FVRapcoElfm4jIbK1iihsu5wkQPtYdbeLvcA?key=SHZ3czJNYVNaRnRZOHBYcWFwN0NEZUFWQm40eVl3

Also, i don't know if it's possible to create for trackir users an (optional) head movement restriction for heavy g load's.

ED gave us a custom sound control, a sounder, for the M-2000C. So in our developer version, we are using our custom sounds. We are not happy how the sounds, well sound in-game at this time. Unfortunately we cannot edit and test the sounder directly. We make our edits and send them to ED and then ED send us an update in which then we test how it sounds now.

Why we need this back and forth between ED and us? Because the M-2000C sounder is an integral part of DCS so AI versions of the M-2000C can use the same sounds as the player version.

This indirect way of editing and testing makes the job difficult and slow. But we will get there eventually.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

ED gave us a custom sound control, a sounder, for the M-2000C. So in our developer version, we are using our custom sounds. We are not happy how the sounds, well sound in-game at this time. Unfortunately we cannot edit and test the sounder directly. We make our edits and send them to ED and then ED send us an update in which then we test how it sounds now.

Why we need this back and forth between ED and us? Because the M-2000C sounder is an integral part of DCS so AI versions of the M-2000C can use the same sounds as the player version.

This indirect way of editing and testing makes the job difficult and slow. But we will get there eventually.

Very nice!:thumbup:

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are we ever going to get a definitive RWR symbology dictionary?

You could ask for one! :music_whistling:

War is easy and is just like riding a bike. Except the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and you are on fire and you realise you are in hell :joystick:

Hello to all.

I`m not sure if this is the right thread to post but just download the Mirage 2000 and i have a problem to start the engine.

I follow all the procedures from manual but nothing happens when pressing the start button.

Throttle is defiantly full close pressing the small red button in cockpit but with no any success.

Any help will be fully appreciated.

Thank you.

Zeus, Captain Smiley,

could you please do a very tiny favor to me and to others who like to export their VTB on a second display.

in VTB_init.lua, could you write :

try_find_assigned_viewport("VTB","RIGHT_MFCD")

instead of

try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

This will allow to use custom location of the VTB on the Monitor Setup Lua file, it doesnt have to necessarily be the Right MFD. Currently I have to re write this line after every update :(

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

Zeus, Captain Smiley,

could you please do a very tiny favor to me and to others who like to export their VTB on a second display.

in VTB_init.lua, could you write :

try_find_assigned_viewport("VTB","RIGHT_MFCD")

instead of

try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")

This will allow to use custom location of the VTB on the Monitor Setup Lua file, it doesnt have to necessarily be the Right MFD. Currently I have to re write this line after every update :(

Thanks in advance.

No problem. I'll do and test.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."