Removed

CptSmiley

My comments is such in regards to the fact this Airframe is not complete and it would make more sense in my mind to have all base systems operational first as weapons all depend on the basics my friend.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My comments is such in regards to the fact this Airframe is not complete and it would make more sense in my mind to have all base systems operational first as weapons all depend on the basics my friend.

CptSmiley is working on the FM. Zeus is working on the system. They dont need to wait for each other ;)

Open beta was updated with our latests fixes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

:doh: I'll settle for some afterburner sounds..........:music_whistling:

Improvements to the aircraft's custom sounds will take a while, as they require ED to build it and provide it to them. So the build-test-build cycle is a lot slower.

I also prefer fixes that make the Mirage 2000 combat ready. INS is great but navigating around the map in single player is not why I bought the module.;)

You're thinking air to air only. We were waiting ardently (en?) for INS implementation for combat reasons (precision bombing). While I agree that radar lock while in a roll, magic slaving & d2m are important fixes remaining, INS was equally important in my book for our combat operations

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

:doh: I'll settle for some afterburner sounds..........:music_whistling:

Improvements to the aircraft's custom sounds will take a while, as they require ED to build it and provide it to them. So the build-test-build cycle is a lot slower.

Unfortunately nomdeplume has it right. The build-test-build cycle for the custom sounds require ED's involvement and thus make it slower.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

d2m are important fixes remaining

There is no d2m on Mirage 2000C, only on 2000D/N...

Maybe you want it as a what if / fictional optional feature, but so it's not a priority on the to do list.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

There is no d2m on Mirage 2000C, only on 2000D/N...

Maybe you want it as a what if / fictional optional feature, but so it's not a priority on the to do list.

I keep getting confused on the subject I guess :) ... What's the use of the "D2M" switch on the ECM panel, then?

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

An option for futur integration that never happened on 2000C.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

An option for futur integration that never happened on 2000C.

Gotta shout at everyone whining when not getting a launch warning, now :) Thks

gotta say the Mirage is acting weird at very low speed, close or at low speed. This is new with the last 2 updates.

1+

It's to easy to loose energy after the 1.5.4 update.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gotta shout at everyone whining when not getting a launch warning, now :) Thks

There are different systems, don't confuse everything:

- SERVAL (RWR): should be able to provide warnings in accordance with radar threats (Fox 1 & SAM) by detecting change in radar signal or some command link.

- D²M: has been designed to detect MANPADs which don't produce any EM signal to trigger the RWR. So the D²M is composed of 2 panoramic IR sensors which detect missile's engine exhaust.

But, as MANPADs are only met in low altitude, only Mirage 2000D and Mirage 2000N were fitted with it, as Diditopgun said.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

There are different systems, don't confuse everything:

- SERVAL (RWR): should be able to provide warnings in accordance with radar threats (Fox 1 & SAM) by detecting change in radar signal or some command link.

- D²M: has been designed to detect MANPADs which don't produce any EM signal to trigger the RWR. So the D²M is composed of 2 panoramic IR sensors which detect missile's engine exhaust.

But, as MANPADs are only met in low altitude, only Mirage 2000D and Mirage 2000N were fitted with it, as Diditopgun said.

...... next time I'll make longer sentences to explain in depth my thougths. 15+ years in sims, I'm a liiiiitle bit aware of these diffs between rwr and ir plume launch detector (or whatever it's called).

So I will shout at people whining after getting a ir in their back. Is the warning for detectable radar missile launch actually functionnal, since I should apparently not shout at everyone? :)

Hi,

I don´t know, if it was already mentioned here, but I´d like to know, whether it will be possible to release fuel tanks separately (central/wings).

One more point - I haven´t play the game for some time, but now I´am unable to engage nosewheel steering. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I don´t know, if it was already mentioned here, but I´d like to know, whether it will be possible to release fuel tanks separately (central/wings).

One more point - I haven´t play the game for some time, but now I´am unable to engage nosewheel steering. What am I doing wrong?

1- No, you can't select separately fuselage/ wing tanks

2- The command is "Nose wheel steering/ IFF interrogate" : "S" key

It will lights up blue "DIRAV" light near landing gear lever when active.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Is the TAS radar slant range implemented now? I dont remember reading this here. Just to be sure...

Not yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not 100%.

What is the RWR supposed to do when it detects a radar guided missile launch? I haven't noticed a change in its functioning when there is an enemy launch, so I'm not clear on what you mean by "not 100%."

For example, the F-16C RWR has a separate warning sound for launches, and there is an additional symbol on the RWR for the missile.

P.S. I've already looked in the manual and chuck's guide about the RWR, but not a lot is explained.

Thanks for your help.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria