Removed

CptSmiley

but he's getting a circle around the target - same as Magic's circle ...

and in some times even a triangle (gun snake still present)

In gun mode, the Magic is working in background, so if you switch from gun to Magic it's already locked and ready :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In gun mode, the Magic is working in background, so if you switch from gun to Magic it's already locked and ready :thumbup:

Nice information jojo!

I ' m away from my pc but if i remember correctly we don't have this feature currently . So i guess WIP (as usual).

Quick question : in several M2000 videos there is the snake line (= no target lock) and a triangle (= radar + magic lock in background mode as you said). Isn't this contradictory? If you have a lock, as gun symbology should be the pipper and not the snake. And, the purpose of don't getting a radar lock, is to attack without a rwr warning to the bogey.

Also in other videos, there is the snake line with a circle (= magic seeker only without a radar lock). So how can you select between the two background modes (snake + triangle / snake + seeker only)?

For MAGICs you get the lock tone as always. The TIR tone is only available with radar lock, because it is heard when the target range is within the NO ESCAPE zone. IR seekers cannot give range, you need the radar for that.

Thanks Zeus!

JD

AKA_MattE

Nice information jojo!

I ' m away from my pc but if i remember correctly we don't have this feature currently . So i guess WIP (as usual).

Quick question : in several M2000 videos there is the snake line (= no target lock) and a triangle (= radar + magic lock in background mode as you said). Isn't this contradictory? If you have a lock, as gun symbology should be the pipper and not the snake. And, the purpose of don't getting a radar lock, is to attack without a rwr warning to the bogey.

Also in other videos, there is the snake line with a circle (= magic seeker only without a radar lock). So how can you select between the two background modes (snake + triangle / snake + seeker only)?

When you select the gun you always have the snake.

But with radar you have a gun piper on the snake + range circle. The gun piper is located at target's trange down the snake.

The triangle is radar lock + Magic lock on the same target. So you can have it both in Magic and gun mode (since Magic is operating in background).

Fox gun without radar lock you have two - at 300m and 600m.

For Greek Vs F-16 you will often (if not always) see gun snake without radar lock. STT lock is considered as "hostile" act.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Update is still not live yet. :cry:

What update?

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's going to be scandalous.... :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

When you select the gun you always have the snake.

But with radar you have a gun piper on the snake + range circle. The gun piper is located at target's trange down the snake.

The triangle is radar lock + Magic lock on the same target. So you can have it both in Magic and gun mode (since Magic is operating in background).

Fox gun without radar lock you have two - at 300m and 600m.

For Greek Vs F-16 you will often (if not always) see gun snake without radar lock. STT lock is considered as "hostile" act.

Thanks for the explanation. My mistake was that you can have the snake line with 300/600 m and a triangle, that is not the case.

So either snake with 300/600m markers (no radar lock) and seeker circle in background (no lock) or snake with piper (radar lock) and a triangle (radar and magic lock).

This video is very informative about that.

And this one to

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by jaguara5

And by the way, from the above and various other videos already posted a while ago (see thread ''hud inaccuracies'') , there are various differences in the hud symbology from the initial release that still exist.

As an example, in gun mode with a radar lock there is no DLZ in ther right corner and the distance is displayed only with the counterclockwise moving circle around the piper, with magic lock the distance in the DLZ below 1.9 nm is displayed in feet (3400 and below) etc. Will these small details incorporated later by Razbam?

And by the way, from the above and various other videos already posted a while ago (see thread ''hud inaccuracies'') , there are various differences in the hud symbology from the initial release that still exist.

As an example, in gun mode with a radar lock there is no DLZ in ther right corner and the distance is displayed only with the counterclockwise moving circle around the piper, with magic lock the distance in the DLZ below 1.9 nm is displayed in feet (3400 and below) etc. Will these small details incorporated later by Razbam?

Most of the videos are of Mirage 2000-5s so HUD symbology is different.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Most of the videos are of Mirage 2000-5s so HUD symbology is different.

Nope, all videos are from HAF 2000EG (= C) and specifically most of them are from 332 Squadron (you can see it as 332 μοίρα or 332 MΠΚ in the videos description) which currently operates exclusively the C version (331 operates the last years the -5 version)

See also here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2619418&postcount=129

it is obvious from the first video that is the EG (again 332 Sq) version, as the pilot has selected in the beginning the 530 missile (= not -5).

Edited by jaguara5

We wouldn't use feet for slant range in France...maybe export, I don't know :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

Latest development:

13988275_1075002462586391_5744365689892128149_o.jpg

Now you can display up to 5 waypoints in the VTB.

Also you can check the TDC displacement vs the BE (WP 1 in this sample).

The values given are 16 NM at 260º bearing from the BE.

Taking into account that the bearing is oriented towards the geographical north and that the aircraft has a heading of 25º, a quick check shows that the TDC cross is located at 260º from the WP1 cross, at about 16 NM on the VTB scale.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Latest development:

13988275_1075002462586391_5744365689892128149_o.jpg

Also you can check the TDC displacement vs the BE (WP 1 in this sample).

The values given are 16 NM at 260º bearing from the BE.

Taking into account that the bearing is oriented towards the geographical north and that the aircraft has a heading of 25º, a quick check shows that the TDC cross is located at 260º from the WP1 cross, at about 16 NM on the VTB scale.

Awesome !! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this a real feature? I didn't know that! :unsure:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]