Removed

CptSmiley

So is the pilot body available now?

I have enabled the respective option in the menu settings,

pressed shift p in game but don't have the pilot in the cockpit.

Should work if you're patched to the latest version. Works on mine. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoying this bird after the latest update.

Landings are super, settles in nose raised - just follow the glideslope and maintain appropriate HUD speed indicators - no need for a flair.

Can't find the flood mode for Super 530 . . . (same as Magic radar lock?)

I got to agree, since last patch landings are awesome, i had all troubles landing with the patch just before, for some reason, i had hard time going straight on runways, as if rudder inputs were acting weird, but now, i did a perfect landings, soft touch down.

As for th S530s, if you press « Special Modes FWD » key, once gives you the Boresight, and second time gives you the mode SVI, which you can see with middle screen right side on HUD with the word SVI, which is more or less Flood mode as you want, it locks what you get inside your HUD field of view, it replaces Vertical Scan Mode with the S530 since Vertical Mode is only available for MAgic and Guns.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172993&highlight=svi

It isn't even close to FLOOD mode. FLOOD mode is operated on the F-15 by a separate horn antenna used to illuminate everything in a certain cone in front of the aircraft. The radar will switch to this mode automatically if:

You are guiding a sparrow and you lose lock

You launch a sparrow without lock

FLOOD doesn't lock onto anything, ever.

What you're describing is something like super-search.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It isn't even close to FLOOD mode. FLOOD mode is operated on the F-15 by a separate horn antenna used to illuminate everything in a certain cone in front of the aircraft. The radar will switch to this mode automatically if:

You are guiding a sparrow and you lose lock

You launch a sparrow without lock

FLOOD doesn't lock onto anything, ever.

What you're describing is something like super-search.

yup.

SVI is 20 by 20 degrees helical scan.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Can you tell me if the targets you lost lock to were in the notch?

I know about the notch thing. Yes indeed, in a few situations they were notching.

BUT I had the radar loss thingy aswell in chase situations, head on situations, short distances, from below, from above...

It drove me crazy. And believe me, I was one of the guys that allways have been solid with the 530s while others were complaining about not beeing able to hit anything.

It really weirds me out not beeing able to hit anything anymore...

If from behind and head on you'll need to fiddle with your prf to get the best return. A high prf in a tail chase is not the best idea.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

If from behind and head on you'll need to fiddle with your prf to get the best return. A high prf in a tail chase is not the best idea.

Well he is talking about 530 engagements, so he has to be in high PRF for missile guidance.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Oh so he launched then lost lock. I was assuming he was approaching the target and could not keep lock or find it.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

Could you guys tell me what PRF exactly is?

Pulse Repeating Frequency. Low intermediate and high. Might wanna Google those to help you explain it or read the manual for specifics on the mirage.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173038

This wasn't listed as far as I can tell in the pending fix lists and if you watch the video you will be able to see how and where you will lose lock and rule this bug in or out. Again, people seem to jump on the notch band wagon for some reason when the radar will drop the contact during a roll at gimbals. I didn't test to see if it made it into the fix lists, but I somewhat doubt it as the lists are fairly well thought about.

Workaround, if you monitor the radar elevation when you roll close to gimbal you will see where the contact goes outside of gimbal limits and thus be careful, but I can't keep that level of awareness up when I'm trying to open a bracket or on my own managing the F-pole, i'm getting old.

No idea what i'm on about? Watch the video in the post, it's not easy to describe.

I know about the notch thing. Yes indeed, in a few situations they were notching.

BUT I had the radar loss thingy aswell in chase situations, head on situations, short distances, from below, from above...

It drove me crazy. And believe me, I was one of the guys that allways have been solid with the 530s while others were complaining about not beeing able to hit anything.

It really weirds me out not beeing able to hit anything anymore...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173038

This wasn't listed as far as I can tell in the pending fix lists and if you watch the video you will be able to see how and where you will lose lock and rule this bug in or out. Again, people seem to jump on the notch band wagon for some reason when the radar will drop the contact during a roll at gimbals. I didn't test to see if it made it into the fix lists, but I somewhat doubt it as the lists are fairly well thought about.

Workaround, if you monitor the radar elevation when you roll close to gimbal you will see where the contact goes outside of gimbal limits and thus be careful, but I can't keep that level of awareness up when I'm trying to open a bracket or on my own managing the F-pole, i'm getting old.

No idea what i'm on about? Watch the video in the post, it's not easy to describe.

Issue with Radar during Rolls is fixed this patch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Special mode seems bugged. After destroying a target using normal BVR, I unlock radar lock, then select special mode(SVI) with a new target on my HUD and it re-locks itself on to the detroyed target going down in flames. I repeat the procedure, it does the same thing and then the HUD starts flashing. Whats the deal with this? it used to work correctly, detroying a target and then using special mode to quickly lock on to another flying nearby.

The destroyed target still has a radar signature. If the downing plane is closer than the one you want to lock, you will relock the same.

SVI is a wide search mode.

Use "bore axis" mode for a more "selective" lock if you have multiple targets within HUD FoV...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The destroyed target still has a radar signature. If the downing plane is closer than the one you want to lock, you will relock the same.

SVI is a wide search mode.

Use "bore axis" mode for a more "selective" lock if you have multiple targets within HUD FoV...

The destroyed target is on my 3 o´clock, the new target is on my 12 and closing fast, yet SVI still locks the former.

Testing the lattest version. At takeoff, behaviour during rotate is pretty nice. Rudder effect at low speed during takeoff run seems credible. However at landing the aerobraking is still wrong. Completely wrong I would say.

See attached image, stills from a video I have. Touchdown at 150, the aircraft needed 14 seconds to decelerate to 110kts with the inverted T on the horizon and the longitudinal G was oscillating between -0.13 to -0.15.

In simulator I landed with a little less than 50% fuel. With aerobraking aircraft needed 8 seconds to decelerate from 150 to 110 with a longitudinal G of -0.35 to -0.4.

Then I landed with almost 100% fuel. With aerobraking aircraft needed just 4 seconds to decelerate from 150 to 110 with a longitudinal G of -0.5 to -0.6. Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

It is pretty clear now what is going on here. With the nose raised, main wheels have a gigantic amount of drag that seems very dependent on aircraft weight.

Videos of aerobraking. Speed is obviously decreasing quite slowly.

M1.thumb.jpg.6abd311214790ccea4d791a138006472.jpg

It is pretty clear now what is going on here. With the nose raised, main wheels have a gigantic amount of drag that seems very dependent on aircraft weight.

I'm also experiencing while aerobraking almost complete loss of elevon effectiveness below 100 knots or so, causing the nose to slam (not very hard to be fair) on the tarmac. You can't cushion the nose like you could in reality. Might be worth a look by CptSmiley when he has time.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

I'm also experiencing while aerobraking almost complete loss of elevon effectiveness below 100 knots or so, causing the nose to slam (not very hard to be fair) on the tarmac. You can't cushion the nose like you could in reality.

Are you Mirage 2000 pilot for real ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Err no, I wish lol. I don't think you get a complete loss of pitch control when getting below a specific speed.

I'm not even a pilot but that doesn't mean I can't compare the sim to real behaviour to help make it more realistic.

Err no, I wish lol. I don't think you get a complete loss of pitch control when getting below a specific speed.

I'm not even a pilot but that doesn't mean I can't compare the sim to real behaviour to help make it more realistic.

On Mirage 2000 pilots are instructed to lower nose wheel at 110kt, because below 100kt you could pitch up and hit the nozzle on ground, and the nose may fall hard and you can damage the nose strut...

And that's what you see in Greek Mirage 2000 video, he puts noe down at 110kt.

But it's true that currently the deceleration nose high is a bit strong.

Mirage fanatic !

On Mirage 2000 pilots are instructed to lower nose wheel at 110kt, because below 100kt you could pitch up and hit the nozzle on ground, and the nose may fall hard and you can damage the nose strut...

I suppose you're right about that.