Charly_Owl

Mirage guide updated on 19/05/2016

-Air-to-Air refueling section added

-HUD logic changes reflected

-Cockpit layout fixed and new switches added

-Corrected some typos

-Added a Buddy Lasing section to practice GBU strikes with JTACs

-Modified control setup to better reflect new radar changes

-Further explained radar modes (TWS, RWS, STT)

-Corrected Start-Up procedure

-Added IFF section

-More stuff added that I'm too lazy to remember

Usefull and great as usual, thank you!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mirage guide updated on 19/05/2016

-Air-to-Air refueling section added

-HUD logic changes reflected

-Cockpit layout fixed and new switches added

-Corrected some typos

-Added a Buddy Lasing section to practice GBU strikes with JTACs

-Modified control setup to better reflect new radar changes

-Further explained radar modes (TWS, RWS, STT)

-Corrected Start-Up procedure

-Added IFF section

-More stuff added that I'm too lazy to remember

Hmmm... Lazy is not something I would ever attribute to you based on the excellent tutorials you are always producing. Tired maybe :smilewink:

Thanks for the update Chuck.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks for the update !! Love these guides :D

Minor note about the refueling part, "so air-to-air refueling will only be performed from either an Il-78M or a S-3B tanker."

KC-135's work fine too. Albeit a bit... weird, but still.. they can fill your tank without a problem.

[ame]

[/ame]

Thanks for the update !! Love these guides :D

Minor note about the refueling part, "so air-to-air refueling will only be performed from either an Il-78M or a S-3B tanker."

KC-135's work fine too. Albeit a bit... weird, but still.. they can fill your tank without a problem.

Well, it's probably a bug ;)

The KC-135 can use a drogue fixed after the boom. But the current KC-135 we have in DCS isn't equipped with this particular drogue ;) .

c-135fr_4_wing_drogues-e5380e.jpg

I was on the fence about this module, but Chuck's guide took some of the intimidation out from trying to learn a new aircraft. This is a good module for Blue Flag. Chuck, you are a real asset to the community!

Skylake 6600K(4.5GHz) | EVGA GTX970 FTW | 16GB 2666 DDR4 Corsair Vengeance | MSI Z170A Krait | Windows 10 (64bit) | X52 Pro | TrackIR 5

Hawk T.1A | F-15C | F-86F | UH-1H | A-10C | P-51D | F-5E | M-2000C

USAF Pilot w/ T-6/T-38 Time

• 1 month later...
You're correct. Without thinking, I took the notes I had from Wags' tutorial way back in the days... I forgot to update it. Fixed.

Well they're wrong. Check page 84/131 of the real Dassault Mirage manual http://www.avialogs.com/en/aircraft/france/dassault/mirage2000/manuel-pilote-mirage-2000-c.html . The switch UP position is to test. It has nothing to do with landing as far as I know.

How to use the guns, by the way? Has it being changed, hasnt??

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Mirage guide today with the following

1) INS tutorial (alignment, waypoint entry, waypoint navigation)

2) TACAN & VOR navigation tutorial

3) Added PPA logic to all weapons (MAGIC II, S530D, bombs, rockets, guns)

4) Explained missile cooling process

5) Updated autopilot logic

6) Corrected some typos

7) Updated a couple of obsolete images

8) Corrected start-up procedure (including Pitot Heat)

• Like 3

Cool, thank you.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Updated Mirage guide today with the following

Way to go Chuck! Thanks, man, you really are a valuable asset to this community and I for one appreciate all that you do. :beer:

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

This is incredible Chuck, thanks for much for your hard work!

"Witness mere F-14s taking off from adjacent flight decks, gracefully canting left and right, afterburners flaming, and there’s something that sweeps you away—or at least it does me. And no amount of knowledge of the potential abuses of carrier task forces can affect the depth of that feeling. It simply speaks to another part of me. It doesn’t want recriminations or politics. It just wants to fly.”

― Carl Sagan

Love your guide's Chuck. Helps me a ton. Thank you :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I'll make an observation: The "Coupe Feu" switch in the Engine Start panel, despite its literal translation from French is actually the Fuel Cutoff Switch.

Now here we have a nomenclature problem.

If the Fuel Cutoff switch is "Open" there is fuel flow to the engine and thus it can work.

If the Fuel Cutoff switch is "Closed" there is no fuel flow to the engine and thus it won't work.

Switch to the left or the switch cover is closed = Open = engine has fuel.

Switch to the right, and obviously the switch cover is open = Closed = engine has no fuel.

So when the instructions say to "Open the fuel cutoff switch" you have to click the switch to the left and close the cover.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."