Chuck's Mirage 2000C Guide

Charly_Owl

That is what I meant.

Alright, that's what I thought, but some people might misinterpret this and think there is a laser spot tracker on the Mirage that will pick up the JTAC's laser and mark it with the cross on the HUD, while it actually comes from designating the target with the AG DESIGNATE button.

In fact, I just helped a guy who thought that and said he has read that in your guide. That's why I'm asking :)

Great guide btw :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, that's what I thought, but some people might misinterpret this and think there is a laser spot tracker on the Mirage that will pick up the JTAC's laser and mark it with the cross on the HUD, while it actually comes from designating the target with the AG DESIGNATE button.

In fact, I just helped a guy who thought that and said he has read that in your guide. That's why I'm asking :)

Great guide btw :thumbup:

Then I should get that changed and put on my "to do" list.

FYI Chuck on page 54 you mention the DSV alarm is "N/A" but I was able to activate it when I disable the FBW gain. Not sure what the acronym really means however.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

FYI Chuck on page 54 you mention the DSV alarm is "N/A" but I was able to activate it when I disable the FBW gain. Not sure what the acronym really means however.

I'm correcting my post:

DSV is the acronym for Détendeur à Section Variable (~variable section pressure regulator), it's an annular assembly of eight "pressure reducing valves" that can open or close depending on the engine needs; opening/closing those valves changes the bypass ratio of the engine.

It seems that the light turning on when the FBW GAIN switch is activated is a bug.

Edited by Zeus67

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

DSV: Détendeur à Section Variable

"Le DSV est un dispositif à volets (8 volets), placé dans la veine du flux secondaire, afin d’en

faire varier la section. La régulation DSV permet de contrôler le taux de dilution, par action sur le débit d’air du flux secondaire et d’optimiser les performances dans tout le domaine de vol."

DSV is a device with 8 flaps, placed in the vein of the secondary flow, in order to vary its section. The DSV regulation allows to control the dilution ratio, by acting on the flow of air of the secondary flow and to optimize the performances throughout the flight envelope.

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/content/download/399415/6008608/file/T%C3%A9l%C3%A9charger%20le%20rapport%20public%20BEAD-air-A-2010-008-A.pdf

TLDR: I'm not sure DSV stands for FBW. It doesn't fit with the description I am reading in this accident report.

DSV: Détendeur à Section Variable

"Le DSV est un dispositif à volets (8 volets), placé dans la veine du flux secondaire, afin d’en

faire varier la section. La régulation DSV permet de contrôler le taux de dilution, par action sur le débit d’air du flux secondaire et d’optimiser les performances dans tout le domaine de vol."

DSV is a device with 8 flaps, placed in the vein of the secondary flow, in order to vary its section. The DSV regulation allows to control the dilution ratio, by acting on the flow of air of the secondary flow and to optimize the performances throughout the flight envelope.

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/content/download/399415/6008608/file/T%C3%A9l%C3%A9charger%20le%20rapport%20public%20BEAD-air-A-2010-008-A.pdf

TLDR: I'm not sure DSV stands for FBW. It doesn't fit with the description I am reading in this accident report.

You are correct. It has nothing to do with the FBW.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hi guys,

the guide describes converting the coordinates you get from the map (F10) to mirage ins format (seconds converted to presentage - on page 103). I cant find any info on this in the official manual and it got me really confused, can anyone explain this conversion to me?

Hi guys,

the guide describes converting the coordinates you get from the map (F10) to mirage ins format (seconds converted to presentage - on page 103). I cant find any info on this in the official manual and it got me really confused, can anyone explain this conversion to me?

The f10 map shows lat/long coordinates in minutes and seconds while the ins requires decimal minutes format. You can find in google a lat/long converter instead of doing it manualy.

Just do some reading about lat/long navigation, it will be very useful.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not just set the Coordinate display of the map to Lat Long Decimal and get rid of all conversion hassle?

159e2ffdace47fe89fae07c8bb7684f7.png

Only thing you have to do to the coordinates after that is round up the last digit.

So 42'39.883 becomes 42'39.88 and 041'24.166 becomes 041'24.17.

(the minor deviation in the screenshot above is due to "mouse precision" on the map)

@CrashO, @metzger thanks guys, I will do the required reading and learn more.

I get that you need to convert the coordinates, it's just that the only place I found any info on this was chuck's guide. The reason I got confused is because I never read about it in the official manual, and it wasnt mentioned in the official training missions. Did any of the devs mention that?

ignore the above- I just found that line in the official menual. Thanks!

Edited by BarTzi

Not touching it until it''s design is more or less frozen. Backtracking 120+ pages every patch just takes too much time that I don't have. It's a process that has become too frustrating/debilitating otherwise.

Chuck as someone who has been really enjoying your guides I have to just say thanks and you are da man. Really. They are so well done. Please, if you ever find that 'too frustrating/debilitating' feeling getting too strong please step away and let it fade away. Maybe drink a bit :smilewink:. We need you to keep wanting to make these man and not let the fire be squashed by frustration. There are a lot more planes coming after all. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Oww the guide is not available anymore :(

Why was it deleted?

It appears that almost all of Chuck's Guides have been either deleted or they may have had their permissions changed so that no one else can access them. It is not known at the moment whether this is intentional or (more likely in my opinion) due to some sort of error.

There's a bit more info at the end of the main thread on Chuck's Guides, and someone has put up some slightly older versions of a few guides to download:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=135765

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot pefman !!

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...