Chuck's Mirage 2000C Guide

Charly_Owl

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll join the crowd expressing our thanks on this very informative guide you have written. I have used your guide to get me proficient in the Huey, and I'll be using this one for the Mirage. I would even suggest to Razbam to include this in the next update or final release.

Your rep has been bumped up by 1 again!

The best!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Awesome work! :thumbup:

Thank you very much.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brilliant guide. :thumbup:

Thanks for doing this, much appreciated.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I have all your guides including all the ones from other sims.

This one is my favorite. It's excellent and especially enjoyed the preface.

Just want to say thank you for taking the time to write them all.

Cheers!

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

Official DCS manuals should follow a structure like this....

Good job, Chuck - and thanks for making those guides! :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Awesome thank you!

One quick question, how to ripple multiple bombs?

On page 63 it looks like you dropping multiple bombs, is there a setting I am missing? Or do you have a very quick thumb? :P

I just pressed the Weapon Release switch successively. It's one bomb drop per button press.

+1. The Test position should be instable, BTW. Little fix (non urgent) to make.

What do you mean by "instable"?

Page 9 a (very) important item is missing in the mapping: the AP standby. On the M2000, the principle is to always have the basic AP On (except for T/O & landing) and the AP standby is on the stick so that:

- pilot grabs stick = he presses the AP standby => he has controls (AP is amber)

- pilot releases stick = AP standby is depressed => AP takes control (AP is green)

I mapped this on the trigger at the bottom of the warthog stick; not perfect, but best I found.

Az'

I knew about the standby switch but I decided to "tweak" my autopilot operation tutorial in order to be more practical for a user. For instance, this autopilot standby switch system takes into account that the hand will physically press that switch the second the pilot grabs the stick (so he doesn't have to "think" to hold it or not). In our case, we don't have a Mirage stick and there is no switch that we can hold all the time without it becoming annoying at some point.

That switch is the same concept as in the Su-27, for when you press+hold the "fire" button on your control stick, allowing you to override the AP setting. Once you let go, the AP kicks back in. Same in the M2000C - just assign a convenient button to that function.

Also, worthwhile to mention - you can assign a button that will override the AP, but also override the AoA limiter, which is another nice feature to have assigned to one's stick (Autopilot Disconnect/Hard Stop Enable). :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

What do you mean by "instable"?

Sorry, unstable (switch).

It means the T position is not kept: as soon as the pilot let go the switch, it switches back to M.

I knew about the standby switch but I decided to "tweak" my autopilot operation tutorial in order to be more practical for a user. For instance, this autopilot standby switch system takes into account that the hand will physically press that switch the second the pilot grabs the stick (so he doesn't have to "think" to hold it or not). In our case, we don't have a Mirage stick and there is no switch that we can hold all the time without it becoming annoying at some point.

Well, I agree that holding the trigger can be annoying, but if you don't do so, you can't use the AP as it's intended to be, and you're deprived of the auto-attitude-maintain it provides by default that is so prized IRL.

= = = =

"Air-to-Ground Radar emission switch"

Nope. Nothing to do with Air-to-Ground mode(s). It's the "on ground" switch, to disable the safety mechanism that prevent the radar from emitting when there is weight on wheel. It's a maintenance switch, for avionics/radar mechanics.

spacer.png

Sorry, unstable (switch).

It means the T position is not kept: as soon as the pilot let go the switch, it switches back to M.

Well, I agree that holding the trigger can be annoying, but if you don't do so, you can't use the AP as it's intended to be, and you're deprived of the auto-attitude-maintain it provides by default that is so prized IRL.

To each his own I guess. That's why the official manual is there ;)

Edited by Charly_Owl

For those of you who spot errors and typos, feel free to send me a PM or post it on this thread so I can make necessary corrections. I'm not perfect and on 80+ pages some mistakes are bound to slip through the cracks.

I just published a small revision based on Azrayen's and other users' comments.