Server not visible

Coug4r

With all the best will of the world, but i just cannot get my server populated in the DCS server list. I can connect directly to the server with IP, but not through the server list.

Can somebody please check if they can host the attached test mission on their server, so that it populates in the server list?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sven

Client Connection Test.zip

Edited by FlightControl

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

Yep, thanks for the test. So it is not the mission that is the problem then. Something else ...

[/TABLE]

Yep, thanks for the test. So it is not the mission that is the problem then. Something else ...

I've got a rubbish router and even after port forwarding it wouldn't show my server. I put my PC in the routers DMZ which worked and now what I use when hosting. Obviously not recommended but something to try anyway :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Make sure you got a firewall running on that machine in that setup.

Oh yes! Otherwise.... Bad things :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Check Windows Firewall has DCS.exe allowed... Maybe after the netcode update Windows interferes as hash or IDs don't match (whatever triggers the firewall to see an executable has changed) often the pop up is hidden in the background.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I have tried now everything, but the server just does not show up.

I don't know what i need to do now ...

- Port 10308 is forwarded to my IP4 address on the router.

- Firewalls completely off.

- Running a simple test mission that works for others.

Trying since this morning to get it to work, but it doesn't.

Could it be that there is a ban at DCS of certain IPs?

Sven

[/TABLE]

Dunno, i doubt it. Did you check off-site if the port is open? When in doubt i use this port tester to make sure:

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

And which firewalls did you disable and how? Sometimes it's better to have a firewall instead of none. You can then maybe also check logs and active connections.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

Done that, the port 10308 is not blocked at all. It is open (below is test result).

Success: I can see your service on 84.196.225.130 on port (10308)

Your ISP is not blocking port 10308

Who can explain the exact process that happens when you authenticate and log into the DCS server? What other IP address and ports are being used?

Sv.

[/TABLE]

Can't tell what exactly is the process but it will connect to the master server, if you look at the 2nd post in this thread it's the TCP connection to port 443 (i'm pretty sure). You can also see in the dcs log if it connected. You will btw have to have TCP and UDP open to your server port (10308 default).

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

• ED Team

DCS uses outgoing connections to

HTTP http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com:80

HTTPS http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com:443

XMPP master.eagle.ru:5222

For multiplayer game traffic DCS uses both TCP and UDP on port 10308

Just for info

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
DCS uses outgoing connections to

XMPP master.eagle.ru:5222

For multiplayer game traffic DCS uses both TCP and UDP on port 10308

Just for info

1.5 does not use XMPP anymore.

So it's only

and TCP/UDP on 10308 (by default) for MP traffic.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

• ED Team
1.5 does not use XMPP anymore.

So it's only

and TCP/UDP on 10308 (by default) for MP traffic.

Thanks for the info c0ff :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am still not able to host my server and make it appear in the server list.

Can somebody help me to diagnose this problem? I just don't know anymore what to do.

Sven

[/TABLE]

I am still not able to host my server and make it appear in the server list.

Can somebody help me to diagnose this problem? I just don't know anymore what to do.

Sven

Does your internet provider use IPv6 in internal or transition networks? If your server is ending up in a 4to6 tunnel at your provider there are multiple potential issues. In Germany for example some Cable Internet providers don't have public IPv4 address blocks for all their customers any more.

They offer "DSLite" effectively an IPv6 public address that uses translation mechanisms...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Guys,

I could solve the problem. Thanks for the helping hand.

I am running windows 10. All my configurations were correctly setup:

- Port Forward (which does not matter because my router is uPNP anyway).

- Ports were open. port 443 and 80 worked. Port 10308 worked with TCP and UDP.

- Firewalls were correctly setup. Bitdefender 2016 firewall has today no issue with DCS World anymore (it used to have problems though...).

I have refreshed the windows 10 OS on my PC this morning, and reinstalled DCS World. I am now running and hosting DCS World from a windows 10 Build 14251 installation succesfully, with a Bitdefender 2016 firewall setup.

So, if somebody is having a problem with hosting, write this on your checklist: reinstall windows 10 (you can keep the option to keep your personal files), and uninstall and reinstall DCS World.

Cheers,

Sven

[/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

I believe this is still an issue or another issue has popped up that is closely related. My server will be up for many hours then it will drop off the list. I can't connect to it directly either. When I go to close out DCS it will crash. I can then restart the server and it will work fine for a few more hours or minutes (it seems random). It doesn't seem to generate a crash log but I do have the normal log file if that is helpful.

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

HOTAS: Saitek AV8R-01, Saitek X-55 Throttle

Kingpoiuy, do a test and run an empty mission on your server. Do you have the same symptoms?

[/TABLE]

Kingpoiuy, do a test and run an empty mission on your server. Do you have the same symptoms?

I will do this test tonight.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

[DoW]King

Owned Aircraft: P-51D, F-86F, Bf 109 K-4, MiG-15bis, MiG 21bis, Ka-50, Mirage 2000, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, AV8B N/A

I did the test and it seemed to be stable but I only had a few hours to let it run. I'll test it again soon.

[DoW]King