Direct X 10 possible graphical power

Hey guys,

Check this out.

I have seen this comparision of DX 9 and DX 10 emulated.

01425sz1i13337800jy7.jpg

DX 10

01425sz1i13337900pf1.jpg

Imagine the possibilities of LOMAC 2 with DX 10. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

That water is just like real!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Second picture looks photoshoped. The sky is a flat picture of actual clouds and waters seems inserted between the trees. Look at the foam on the water. Heavy metal polution? :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

It's clearly a fake, no doubt about it. I don't think it could even be a display of DirectX10 capabilities, because, AFAIK, FSX already uses DirectX10 and the screenshot above pictures that situation. Ok, Directx10 will support "volumetric clouds" and other nice features, but the second screen is just a fake ps.

BTW do you really like those painted backgrounds like in some older PSOne - PS2 games?

About the water in the first (real) screenshot: it looks like liquad metal, yuk. So ... 2000-ish (check out 3D Mark2000).

Best water is currently IL2 (the Shader Model 3.0 water), followed by Silent Hunter III.

I like the rays of light too, they remind me The Blues Brothers.. "have you seen the light!!??"... btw awesome graphics!next year videogames will be much much more cool!!

Lockon has had sunrays, since 2003 ... for real ;)

As far as I know there is nothing that DirectX can do and OpenGL could not.

Obviously a game developer is free to choose one of the APIs driven by any reason.

When Vista will be out maybe some of the OpenGL games will "magicaly" run slower but, again, is their OS. As it is our freedom to choose ;) .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

As far as I know there is nothing that DirectX can do and OpenGL could not.

Obviously a game developer is free to choose one of the APIs driven by any reason.

When Vista will be out maybe some of the OpenGL games will "magicaly" run slower but, again, is their OS. As it is our freedom to choose ;) .

directX offers a high-level interface for graphic routines and commands. it is really HEAVY, if you think that many similar effects were already implemented with good results on DOS games but ran on 486 cpu.

OpenGL is a similar interface for graphic commands.

The biggest problem is that there are some commands that are hardware-implemented in the GPUs and chipmakers today are heading more towards directx than opengl. That is, graphic cards natively support some library commands on hardware and therefore they go faster with that library. (put very simply)

It's clearly a fake, no doubt about it. I don't think it could even be a display of DirectX10 capabilities, because, AFAIK, FSX already uses DirectX10 and the screenshot above pictures that situation. Ok, Directx10 will support "volumetric clouds" and other nice features, but the second screen is just a fake ps.

BTW do you really like those painted backgrounds like in some older PSOne - PS2 games?

The image is clearly fake, but...

When I played FSX about 2 weeks ago the Microsoft Rep (Hal Bryan) said that the alpha build we were seeing was currently running on DirectX 9. It looked impressive but he assured me that the stuff they were experimenting with for DX10 looked 1000x better. So Starlight, don't jump to the conclusion that we've already seen everything FSX has to offer.

When I played FSX about 2 weeks ago the Microsoft Rep (Hal Bryan) said that the alpha build we were seeing was currently running on DirectX 9. It looked impressive but he assured me that the stuff they were experimenting with for DX10 looked 1000x better. So Starlight, don't jump to the conclusion that we've already seen everything FSX has to offer.

Oh, I thought they were already releasing screens with dx10.... anyway, the graphics displayed in current FSX screens is good, but it's good mostly because of detail (and because probably they run the demo on super systems), not because there are never-seen-before special effects. As far as the effects and eye-candy I still prefer Lomac and Il2 on some stuff (just IMHO). FSX is great because has greatly detailed scenarios. Maybe when featuring all dx10 stuff its effects level will overcome that of other sims.

anyway thx for the info ;)

DX10 technology is going to leave all current hardware in the dust. I will wait and Im glad I didnt upgrade in the last 18 months.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

They're improving the graphics ... but not the things that really matter, for a flight sim. Nice to see their PR is still good though. ;)

Biggest innovation in MSFS2004? MSFS2002? ...