[Request] JASDF Livery

Akatsuki

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close to rolling this one out. Its still a WIP at the moment.

Its from the 1st Air Wing, 1st Squadron according to my research. I still have to re-skin the tanks (both the 120 and the 200 type) and the pylons.

I will also try and re-skin the pilots flightsuit to the orange JASDF version and removed the USAF symbol from it.

But I have am having a tough time trying to matt down the metal finish to resemble the JASDF silver painted finishes without losing the metal effect completely.

The data stencils are still in English as I cannot find a decent source to tell me if they should be in Japanese.

I will also release a version without numbers with it.

I am doing the "Aggressor" version with the red nose, fuselage band and wingtips next.

JASDF%20777_zps0qtnwr8v.jpg

Edited by BoNidle

Thanks guys. Interesting change doing JASDF. However I have been surprised at the lack of information available compared to USAF. Luckily I have found some useful websites.

This one was a bit of a challenge: Its the CO's aircraft of the 3rd Squadron 2nd Air Wing as it appeared at Misawa AB in May 1975. The "snake heads" on the tanks proved interesting, as did getting the writing on the tanks to line up.

I have submitted it to User Files so it should hopefully be up soon. It includes a generic version too.

1_zpsbch1hpyc.jpg

3_zpscoc3i9d8.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've updated all of BoNidle's JASDF Sabre description.lua files so now the BORT numbers display correctly.

If you're interested -and if BoNidle is OK with it- let me know and i'll upload the files.

Edit: I have also updated the country list, so now you can use these skins when Japan is selected in the mission editor (You can still select them with USA).

Edited by Akatsuki

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I got it now with the reflections. The variant on the bottom looks more like the real F-86 Sabres from Japan, but I like the more reflective version :D

I think I'll stay with the version on top, even if it is fictional. And no, I don't manage both versions ;)

F86F-72-7731-Misawa-03OCT76-3Sqc.jpg

Edited by CHSubZero

My Mods: DCS User Files

Modules owned: EVERY Module :pilotfly: