F15C vs MIG 29 So dificult?

Hi all.

I Fly F-15 for 7 months now, those days our squadron is fighting with some ruskies with those little and dangerous MIG29S, and trying to make a good tactic to defeat them, but is so dificult, normally the combat goes a fur ball trying to scape from those R27 ET from our tails, we need some advice to a good tactic to defeat them, i post i tried so far.

Siluro.

I going 25k and put my TWS on. two mates going 20m all off and waiting for me to do like AWACS, then, appear and try to surprise them with a oportunity shoot.

RESULT: they got ambushed, and im lonely defeated by R27s

Low alttitude combat.

We engage at low alttitude, this tactic can make us win sometimes, but is so fierce and requires so much outturns, they win outturn us.

One on One.

Engage at middle alttitude, waiting for my 120 in range, i shoot 2 120s... i normally miss and heat R27 ET.

Come on!!! it is possible???

Never had so difficult to defeat a ruskye... but those days are so frustrating :cry:

Best regards

Apologize my english

:music_whistling:

Stay on some distance as long as you can. Don't go head2head with him but keep angle to not break a lock. You're the one that should not want to get in short distance with such an opponent. Launch amraam as soon as possible when you get in range and keep distance again.

But when you decite to go too close... Well. It's like racing nascar with f1car. You should drop tanks and some extra fuel. Try to reach speed about 450kts and don't go slower than 250kts. The shortest turn radius for you - 300/350kts.

Good luck!

Sorry if I am misunderstanding but why are you waiting so long to fire your aim120’s? Try to get into position then fire as soon as you can, don’t wait until you're so close the enemy can hit you with ET's... just get those 120’s tracking the enemy asap. If its AI opponents then even two Mig29S’s can be defeated with a little practice.

Also an F15 can out turn a Mig29 so once you’ve merged and haven’t been baited into not preparing your speed, then you should be able to get the first shots off and stay behind the Mig. If it’s a human opponent then that’s another matter, if they know how to use the power of the mig then it gets complicated.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

yes, they´re human opponents.

any tactic?

I dont wait for get to close, i fire my first 120 at Rmax and wait about 6 seconds to fire another, then i try to angage so close, but all my missiles avoid the target or are just fireworks rockets :cry:

i think they get radar off and use Eos to find and get my six, any idea? :helpsmilie:

The F-15 is made to fly high. You dont want to take on migs down low where they are at their best.

Get high into 25000 feet and then send an AMRAAM to each target at 20 miles, when you get within 15 send another one, do F-pole while your doing all this. Youll find out you can outshoot the Migs, and more often than not you get them all before getting in visual range at 10 miles. If you do drop Flares and chaff in abundance before he fires (thats right, his missiles will fly dead off the rail if you do) ,get low and as fast as you can and run. He cant chase you for long. the MIG has no satying power at all. Dont turn back to search for him in the weeds because he will get you first.

Oh and dont turn ECM on untill he locks you. ECM efectively doubles the range at wich the migs can lock on by HOJ. And youll never get lauch warning untill it is too late to dodge.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I tried this tactic (not this exactly), maybe i make some mistakes based on yours.

i not use ECM never, maybe im wrong...

I get hight to 25k and fire at Rmax and fire another 6 to 8 seconds later, then he fires me, i trying to do FPOLE, but not throwing chaffs, result in a big fire ball:cry:

if i survive, off radar and get out fast as i can and re-enter when im safe, sometimes, i get chased because te MIG follow mi six.

Thanks pilotasso, i ll try your tactic and tell you the results :thumbup:

It can take you weeks fore perfecting you tactics, but if the MIG is flying low, you will be able to shoot him first. The reason why you should fire at 20 and 15 miles is because by the time the second missile arrives the mig has spent his countermeasure defeating the your first missile. If you kept F-poling after the first missile at 20 miles the Mig shouldnt be able to fire untill some time later. Dont let him come closer than 10 miles. If he doeas dump Flares and cahff and turn back. You will need months untill you figure your way out in visual arena.

Dont be lured and resist the temptation of flying straight at your target.

On another note it is ESSENTIAL that you have antenna tilt funtions mapped on your stick if you have a decent Hotas. As the mig gets closer he may disapear under your radar coverage and you need to keep managing the radar in order to avoid this.

My PC specs below:

The F-15 is made to fly high. You dont want to take on migs down low where they are at their best.

Get high into 25000 feet and then send an AMRAAM to each target at 20 miles, when you get within 15 send another one, do F-pole while your doing all this. Youll find out you can outshoot the Migs, and more often than not you get them all before getting in visual range at 10 miles. If you do drop Flares and chaff in abundance before he fires (thats right, his missiles will fly dead off the rail if you do) ,get low and as fast as you can and run. He cant chase you for long. the MIG has no satying power at all. Dont turn back to search for him in the weeds because he will get you first.

Oh and dont turn ECM on untill he locks you. ECM efectively doubles the range at wich the migs can lock on by HOJ. And youll never get lauch warning untill it is too late to dodge.

great stuff man! Ive seen you fly! Youre one of the best '15 drivers out there! Cheers!

Flip

madrebel.png

sig.jpg

"Imagine the reason that people hold on to

hatred so stubbornly is because if the hate

is removed, the pain will set in. Do not follow where

the path may lead. Go instead where there is

no path and leave a trail."

Raptorman at the Frugal's world wrote (published 3/10/2005):

A-Pole: Distance from launching aircraft to target when a missile begins active guidance.

F-Pole: Distance from launching aircraft to target when a missile endgames/impacts.

E-Pole: Distance from a threat aircraft that evasive manoeuvres can be expected to kinematically defeat any missile the bandit is launching or could have launched.

So this is it :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

F-Pole means that once you fire your missiles you turn to one side to make the target stand on the edge of the radar scope in order to decrease aproximation rate and minimize his missiles range. That will put the target at about 2 or 10 o'clock and he usualy has to wait to fire and your missiles had already been lauched giving you first shoot.

In case the enemy fires before you execute your F-pole, unless he does the same on you, your missiles still are going to chase him, and the enemies missiles will probably have to travel further to intercpet you and will probabbly fall short. That Happens because when he launches at you head to head his Controll firing computer tells its pilot he has range but doesnt know you will turn to one side immidiatly after, wich will cause his probability of kill cumputed value to sudenly decrease back to target beyond kinetic range.

My PC specs below:

Hi all.

I Fly F-15 for 7 months now, those days our squadron is fighting with some ruskies with those little and dangerous MIG29S, and trying to make a good tactic to defeat them, but is so dificult, normally the combat goes a fur ball trying to scape from those R27 ET from our tails, we need some advice to a good tactic to defeat them, i post i tried so far.

Siluro.

I going 25k and put my TWS on. two mates going 20m all off and waiting for me to do like AWACS, then, appear and try to surprise them with a oportunity shoot.

RESULT: they got ambushed, and im lonely defeated by R27s

Low alttitude combat.

We engage at low alttitude, this tactic can make us win sometimes, but is so fierce and requires so much outturns, they win outturn us.

One on One.

Engage at middle alttitude, waiting for my 120 in range, i shoot 2 120s... i normally miss and heat R27 ET.

Come on!!! it is possible???

Never had so difficult to defeat a ruskye... but those days are so frustrating :cry:

Best regards

Apologize my english

The mig29 has only 1 drawback against the F-15. It has less fuel thus less range and as a result it can not use AB as long as you can!

My tactic would be: play the bait and run. The mig29 will start a pursuit. At a certain point the Mig will run out of fuel and have to turn back to his base. At this point you turn on him and finish him.

It is not a pretty tactic and a little bit cowardly but it is so effective.

Of course, this tactic works also for the Su vs. Mig!

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

hehehehehhe

Of course in war all is valid, but i prefer to not be carebear at this point. To win all fights is better to be agressive to mantain the iniciative. I tried the pilotasso tactic with 2 F-15 vs 2 Mig and it works the 60% times, the 20% withdraw, and another 20% we losse

Very useful.

Thanks!

The mig29 has only 1 drawback against the F-15. It has less fuel thus less range and as a result it can not use AB as long as you can!

My tactic would be: play the bait and run. The mig29 will start a pursuit. At a certain point the Mig will run out of fuel and have to turn back to his base. At this point you turn on him and finish him.

It is not a pretty tactic and a little bit cowardly but it is so effective.

Of course, this tactic works also for the Su vs. Mig!

I hope your referring to what we see ingame, not the real deal.

Because the Mig-29S has far many more shortcomings than those to face the eagle, wich would be a realy bad move.

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

Eventually the relative realism of these aircraft should be brought in-line and then MiGs won't really stand much of a chance against F-15s (In the exact same way F-16's don't stand much of a chance against F-15C BVR ... and in fact, MiG will do even worse if it's old version like A or S.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

F-Pole means that once you fire your missiles you turn to one side to make the target stand on the edge of the radar scope in order to decrease aproximation rate and minimize his missiles range.

I always thought that you put the target at the edge of your radar before firing? Can someone clarify this??????

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few". - Sir Winston Churchill 1940.

It's possible to do it either way, but Pilotasso's version is better because missile will not bleed energy for turning onto target just after shot, so it should fly a bit longer if needed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

MIg29 vs F-15

Hi all,

The only time I have problems with the Mig-29 or any other oponant is when my Radar drops the signature at 20nm. Some times I forget to SPAMRAM when this radar "BUG" occurs. In LOMAC 1.1 I had an average, 12 to 1 kill ratio now in LOMAC 1.2 I average 8 to 1 kill ratio. Rememeber I gage my kill ratio with human pilots not AAA, Sam kills, or crashing.

The Eagle in my opinion is great at low level and high alt flight. When you get into a knife fight slow down drop you flaps and feather the gas. Remember the Eagle will stop pulling Gs when you black out. I cant tell you all of my secrets but a good pointer practice evading missiles head on.

See ya in your Gss suit.

:book: