Whoops!

lol, this just happened uh? lol/./

156 (cn 156) Tailstrike!! One of the stars of this years RIAT, at the end of Sunday's display the pilot put the aircraft down hard and it bounced it the air before touching down again. It was only when looking at my shots later on I realised that the jetpipes had touched the runway, creating a shower of sparks. It can only have happened for a split second, as nobody nearby seemed to notice it either!
sig-YF19a.jpg

*cough* that F-111's Exhaust Nozzles didn't scratch the 'ground, it made a perfect Belly Touchdown *cough*

The F-$$ prototype had a habit of doing that, but it didn't hit it with the nozzles.

Reminds me of that su-27 gear up landing, few hours later the gear was lowered, and it flew away on the same day.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

That's Russian tech - you can repair their cars with a hammer and chisel, nothing fancy, all robust. Have you seen their runways, they are always full of grass and dirt, not like American which are routinely walked through for any debris.

mt-2003-sun-corona.jpg

The F-$$ prototype had a habit of doing that, but it didn't hit it with the nozzles.

Reminds me of that su-27 gear up landing, few hours later the gear was lowered, and it flew away on the same day.

Thats was amazing, the fighter landed on the intake pylons, using them as a ski and slid down the runway on them, I can't believe they didn't break. The build those fighters well.

The MiG-29 does have a short gear for it's size, and the placement of the main gear has a lot to do with it. This is an example of why the airbrake will not deploy with the gear down, the bottom half would by ripped off.

But I think the OVT, like the K and M have a different airbrake, placed a little further up in the spine like the Hornets.

The MiG-29 does have a short gear for it's size, and the placement of the main gear has a lot to do with it. This is an example of why the airbrake will not deploy with the gear down, the bottom half would by ripped off.

But I think the OVT, like the K and M have a different airbrake, placed a little further up in the spine like the Hornets.

Not "like the K and M" .....the "OVT" is a MiG-29M ;)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Surely that airbrake causes quite a vigorous nose up pitching moment?

САУ(how is that in English? Automatic Control System?) automaticly parries this moment, AFAIK.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.