AIM9M on the M2000C! (Simple Mod)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys keep it respectful please. No need to give the admins ammunition to close the thread down.

I agree with Azrayenl, I want to learn the aircraft to its RL limitations which is why I'm going to stick with using the AIM9M on the outer pylons only until the Magic II is fixed. Thankfully now that the TAW and 104th are allowing it's use, this is going to be even more fun.

Still I also respect Ramsey's opinion, if he or anyone else wants to take this mod further, I say let them and all the more power to them. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

The AIM9 is a nice realistic mod and i will be using it. It is a pity that people freak out for saying that changing the complete armament of the Mirage is not realistic and if it happens in real the mirage would have a different name. I only stated that messing up with the armament is arcade, I dont know why this word offended some people here. Everybody is free to do what they want on their computers.

thanks for the mod on the OP, on the outer pylon, i will give it a try on TAW and 104th today :)

Hi folks. I was asked to check this thread. I will say the following:

I will place official support for the AIM9M if and only if somebody can prove that it was installed in a M-2000C (either RDM or RDI).

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I will place official support for the AIM9M if and only if somebody can prove that it was installed in a M-2000C (either RDM or RDI).

I am very glad that you want full fidelity here. Thanks a lot!

AIM9 is installable but AFAIK it was never installed by any nation using M-2000C,

Once the Magic II gets fixed, iI could personally pass on the Sidewinder...

Edited by TomCatMucDe

I doubt that the AIM-9M was ever installed on a Mirage 2000 except for test purpose, but i remember that the R-550 was made to be interchangeable with the AIM-9 for compatibility (commercial) purpose...

an AIM-9 on a mirage III (or V) https://acesflyinghigh.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/raaf-mirage-iiio-a3-40-1.jpg?w=700&h=494

And for example, the R-550 on a french Aéronavale's F-8 Cursader http://www.avion-chasse.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/vought-f-8-crusader-2.jpg which usually carriere AIM-9

HOWEVER... with the Mirage 2000, the R-550Mk2 has an "integrated" operating mode, which get target's data from the Mirage 2000's radar/systems, and i don't know if the AIM-9 and R-550Mk2 are compatibles on that point...

but, from spanish wikipedia about Mirage 2000:

Otros misiles de corto alcance como los AIM-9J/L/P Sidewinder estadounidenses son compatibles y suelen ser utilizados en los Mirage que han sido exportados, porque el propio misil Magic fue creado compatible con el Sidewinder.

Other short-range missiles like the americans AIM-9J/L/P Sidewinder are compatible and are often used in the Mirage which have been exported, because the missile Magic itself was created compatible with the Sidewinder.

(they do not mention the AIM-9M.... maybe because the AIM-9M is not a export version ?)
Edited by sedenion

Some variants, especially those equipped with the RDM radar (mainly used in export models) have the capability to use the Exocet anti-ship missile. Also, Indian Mirage 2000s have been integrated to carry the Russian R-73AE Archer missile and the indigenous Indian built Astra missile.

Not the C, because the C its only for france use..

When they export the plane his name change whit little modifications requested by the country, example:

M-2000P = Peruvian Air Force

M-2000EG= Egypt airforce

M-2000H= Indian

ETC.

The M-2000 for export use this bus MIL-STD-1553: USED BY NATO

MIL-STD-1553 is a military standard published by the United States Department of Defense that defines the mechanical, electrical, and functional characteristics of a serial data bus. It was originally designed as an avionic data bus for use with military avionics.

So in teory you can use AIM-9M/P in the mirage but france don't use it for internal political :D

Durante años se ha especulado con que los Mirage 2000 solo pueden usar armamento frances, en gran parte a la creencia que el bus de datos, el famoso digbus no lo permitia. Esto demuestra un desconocimiento basico en lo que es una interfase de informacion binaria, tal cual es un bus de datos. El digibus frances, es decir el que va montado propiamente en los aviones del Arme de’l Air no tienen razon para estar estandarizada a otras armas que no sean Francesas, Pero esto cambio con las variantes de expotacion, al instalarse un digbus (degradado tecnologicamente) pero para que este pudiese actuar en conjuncion con las normas MIL-STD-1553, que eran mas obsoletas que el digibus, por solo tener un par de cables de datos en vez de dos pares para la comunicacion.

Esto fue lo que permitio que los mirage 2000P usaran armas israelies (Lizzard y Opher) o que los Mirage 2000EG porten y disparen los AIM-9 de fabricacion Americana. Esto es aplicable a cualquier arma basica (dos vias de informacion y de hasta 512kb), situacion que cambia si uno quiere colgar otra cosa que necesite mas transito e interaccion con la MC (computadora de mision), mas relacionado con el codigo fuente del software del avion que otra cosa.

Sorry for my terrible english.

BUT! i really want the MAGIC II and S530 fixed or Micas " more french touch :D

Edited by Asek

Some variants, especially those equipped with the RDM radar (mainly used in export models) have the capability to use the Exocet anti-ship missile. Also, Indian Mirage 2000s have been integrated to carry the Russian R-73AE Archer missile and the indigenous Indian built Astra missile.

Ah, yes, Mirage 2000 with R-73 here: http://www.worldwide-military.com/Military%20Aircraft/EU%20Fighters%20plaatjes/Grote%20foto's/Mirage%202000_1.jpg

But also MICAs... that should be a very "moded" Mirage 2000 version in think, specific to india... (EDIT: Hem, is ther realy R-73 ? the mirages are frenchs... )

(EDIT: hmm... sweet google http://combatace.com/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-20260-1250684366.jpg )

In fact, i think even if the Mirage 2000 can carry R-73 and AIM-9 for export purpose, almost everybody uses the Magic II with the Mirage 2000...

Edited by sedenion

its not a C i think but its a aim9 on a mirage? im not sure this is an aim 9

im confused it doesnt look like a normal magic but the Aim9 doesnt have double fins in the front?

si1fp.jpg

edit:

and what kind of missile is this? magic training version?

8592388814_23f1b27e4c_b.jpg

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

Ah, yes, Mirage 2000 with R-73 here: http://www.worldwide-military.com/Military%20Aircraft/EU%20Fighters%20plaatjes/Grote%20foto's/Mirage%202000_1.jpg

But also MICAs... that should be a very "moded" Mirage 2000 version in think, specific to india... (EDIT: Hem, is ther realy R-73 ? the mirages are frenchs... )

(EDIT: hmm... sweet google http://combatace.com/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-20260-1250684366.jpg )

In fact, i think even if the Mirage 2000 can carry R-73 and AIM-9 for export purpose, almost everybody uses the Magic II with the Mirage 2000...

i know the MICAS start using at M-2000-5, but in PERU use it and they have M2000-C so its confusing each country make modifications.

The point is what Razbam devs wanna do, this plane don't have alot of stuff declassified like the f16 or other more accesible planes..

Whatever they do gonna be the best choise for the community i know it

Edited by Asek

Just trying this mod out and seems to be working fine.

Only issue that i have up to now is that when i load a Super 530F/AIM-9M mix the Fly-By-Wire limiter switch defaults to the "Charges" (heavy loads) down position.

It's not a problem but just wondering if there's anyway that i can change this so that it defaults to the A/A up position ?.

Thanks.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Just trying this mod out and seems to be working fine.

Only issue that i have up to now is that when i load a Super 530F/AIM-9M mix the Fly-By-Wire limiter switch defaults to the "Charges" (heavy loads) down position.

It's not a problem but just wondering if there's anyway that i can change this so that it defaults to the A/A up position ?.

Thanks.

you can't for now, because its a lua editing, not a oficial usage of the AIM-9

Remember don't use it on multiplayer if the server don't alow it.

you can't for now, because its a lua editing, not a oficial usage of the AIM-9

Remember don't use it on multiplayer if the server don't alow it.

Yea the switch defaults in the wrong position and you get the CONF advisory but no biggie

Please see pictures of R73 on Indian Mirage 2000H here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157227&page=7

You can see more pictures on flickr.com

Here is another pic from AeroIndia 2015 of a Mirage 2000H with R-73, 1700L tanks and a Litening TGP

https://flic.kr/p/rnQz5a

Image Copyright hayling billy

Manish

P. S. : Is it possible to add R-73 on Razbam Mirage 2000C like the AIM-9 ? How ?

Edited by openfalcon68

I've heard from multiple sources the Aim 9 was compatible and tested with the Mirage 2000, Zeus, and official support would allaiviate some of the handicap the aircraft has while we are waiting on ED to change the magic II (if they do) so I think that would be great! Really the only thing official support will add is the missing PCA code, everything else works!

It goes deeper than just the PCA code. That is only the visible part of it.

Every time you load a non-official weapon you run the risk of a CTD. That the AIM-9M didn't cause one is a lucky coincidence.

There is a lot of internal shuffling when a weapon is loaded, basically because the PCA sorts and groups the weapons by their type. An unknown type can create problems.

Since you can use it, enjoy it, but be aware of the risks.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It goes deeper than just the PCA code. That is only the visible part of it.

Every time you load a non-official weapon you run the risk of a CTD. That the AIM-9M didn't cause one is a lucky coincidence.

There is a lot of internal shuffling when a weapon is loaded, basically because the PCA sorts and groups the weapons by their type. An unknown type can create problems.

Since you can use it, enjoy it, but be aware of the risks.

Thankfully (to my knowledge) risk is totally abated by creating a lau backup! :thumbup:

Oh course you guys feel free to take out the middle man and add official support for the sidewinder :D

Also as a side note your plane seems to be very stable CTD wise as I have edited and tested nearly every known weapon to man kind in this joker without a single CTD!

Edited by Hook47

Here is another pic from AeroIndia 2015 of a Mirage 2000H with R-73, 1700L tanks and a Litening TGP

Manish

P. S. : Is it possible to add R-73 on Razbam Mirage 2000C like the AIM-9 ? How ?

Haven't tried that yet actually... Find the lau code by looking at an aircraft that can carry it, like maybe the Su-27 and try using that? I'll try when I'm home

Here is a pic of a Hellenic M2000 (I think this is the two seater variant) with what I believe is an Aim9 on the left pylon (might be wrong on both accounts so don't lynch me please):

Mirage-2000-HAF.jpg

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

[ame]

[/ame]

Here is a video enjoying the weapons mod. I edited mine only to allow sidewinders on the outer pylons and twin ejector racks for Mk 82s and Mk82S and it is awesome how many bombs I can tote now! Surprisingly the M-2000C has ample MTOW to carry 14 dumb bombs!

Edited by Hook47

Manish

The R-73 works on the M-2000C as well! you will need to add this line under Pylons 1 and 9 in the /mods/m2000C/m2000C.lau

{ CLSID = "{CBC29BFE-3D24-4C64-B81D-941239D12249}", arg_value = 0.15 }, --R-73

Edited by Hook47