Tacview - ACMI Software for Flaming Cliffs

Congratulations Vyrtuoz

This is an incredibly useful tool for after action review.

I am sure that the feature of "Ribbon" view is in your wish list. This is a particularly useful option for analysing close quarter ACM.

See right hand side of attached picture.

Jim

It's a bmp file so rename it guys before trying to open.

Otherwise a good idea.

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

This is fantastic. You've managed to capture that easy to use, quick to look around feel from F22 ADF, with a comprehensive list of events, easily clickable etc. Just brilliant, well done! This is a must have....

copy all the tools LUA files into config\Export

Run a mission, and then open the *.ACMI.TXT in the LOMAC\TEMP folder with the tool and you are set to go.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Excellent add-on

We really needed this....at least I do.:pilotfly:

How do you use it though ? where do the files go?? (Dummy Alert!:smartass: )

Thanx for the effort put into this much needed add-on.

why is there no data to see from the multiplayer sessions?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Because servers forbid export of 'all data'.

Therefore you must record track and then run the track to convert to ACMI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Thanks again Vyrtuoz,

I've been playing around with tacview all morning with some 44th training flights I had recorded and being able to analyze tactics like this is incredible. This is sure to be the greatest asset for increasing coordination and skill within squads.

Looking through your list of items proposed for future releases, it's nice to see you have plans to continually improve the software. Here are a few items I did not see in the list that you might consider.

- Ribbon trails (with shading to delineate velocity/energy state?)

- User selectable colors for trails (color for missiles different than aircraft at least)

- Fully pannable camera and multiple camera windows (possibly launched into a second window for simultaneous viewing on multiple monitors)

- Radar/ECM state indicators

Again, incredible work!

Thanks at first for that great Tool, but i cant get it to work. Due to my use of LOATC i followed ur instructions:

• Download the latest version in ZIP format
  • Unpack it to any folder you want
  • Copy the three files config.lua, export.lua and tacview.lua into \Lock On\Config\Export\ folder

If you use additional software like LOTATC then copy only tacview.lua into \Lock On\Config\Export\ folder. Then add the following command at the end of your current export.lua file: dofile("./Config/export/tacview.lua")

I have a ACMI TXT File in the TMP Folder, but it does not open in the application.

Help would be appreciated

S!

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

First of all THANKS FOR THIS GREAT JOB

All lomac community was in urgent needed about something like this

Second.- Shame on me but i have to report the first incident with this awesome utility.

I can´t see the terrain at all.

In the screenies about ACMI the terrain are present showing LOMAC´s map completely. But i only can see blue on top and blue at the bottom. Other info works very well. Planes, missiles, objects, vehicules, all works fine. But the terrain is missing at all.

I´ve donwloaded the zip 4 times, and reinstall it each time.

Somebody could help me?

Tacview.jpg

Tacview-1.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Any question?

Hi guys, here some answers:

• Ribbon trail is already planed (be patient ;) )
  • May be, I will add a free camera
  • Additional window functionality was cut (for now). (Because it is more difficult to do than it appears)
  • Except for the local player, Radar and ECM information are not known at all (may be in BS?)

For the guys who don’t have the landscape, is Tacview.dat in the some directory than Tacview.exe? If it's the case, can you give me the precise path of your installation?

(May be a download manager has corrupted your zip archive? then try without)

• Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Vyrtuozs...

This is exactly the problem. My .exe file doesn´t was in the same directory than .dat file.

Now all works fine ¡¡¡.

Usually the easyest solution is the best solution.

My squadron are very happy with your ACMI ¡¡¡ Thanks again.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

maybe can we have in future versions ans alttitude and a velocity markers around the plane icon?

shouls be awesome if we can draw over the ACMI our own tactics or corrections and pass to our mates, maybe im going crazy, nevermind...:doh:

Being able to draw over the ACMI screen would be great, especially if the network debreifing idea works out. Perhaps you could push a button that would capture a single frame from the ACMI view then allow you to scribble all over it as you analyze the tactics. Obviously it wouldn't work too well to have everything moving while you try to draw lol.

EDIT: Ok, another idea: For those that have read Shaw's Fighter Combat, or Spick's Modern Air Combat you'll remember that the ACM diagrams have time points so you can compare where the aircraft involved are various times. Perhaps a mode in tacview could produce similar results. It might work as follows:

- User advances the ACMI track to the point where they wish to begin analyzing using the "ACM diagram" mode and selects the aircraft he wishes to track

- The user enables the "ACM diagram" mode, this brings up a toolbox with sliders that allow the user to set the number of comparison points (n), and the time between each comparison point (t) to produce an optimal view. In the ACMI view the tracks of the selected aircraft are extended in time-length by the number of points multiplied by the time between (n*t). At each time point the 3D aircraft is redrawn and numbered, producing the ACM diagram.

- Other items in the toolbox allow the user to change track/aircraft colors, show/hide missiles, chaff/flares, hide terrain/other aircraft/compass rose and a screen capture button to permanently save the resulting image.

Something like this would have to come after the ribbon trails to be of any use of course, but I definitely think it would be useful.