Want to chat with a recently retired A-10 combat and instructor pilot?

dabomb

If so, I have one willing to chat with on us TeamSpeak sometime this weekend, Jan 9 or 10.

Depending on how many people are interested, I will set it up.

Reply here if you're interested in chatting with him. I've known him since he was a kid, and he's a good guy. Could be a unique opportunity to finally get some of your nagging A-10 questions answered. :)

Here's an article from 2005 about one of his exploits:

http://www.stripes.com/news/air-force-pilot-praised-for-helping-guide-imperiled-plane-to-safety-1.41705

-dabomb

*** TS address is ts2.229ahb.com:9984. You will be muted on entering. We will allow people voice if they have questions. ***

Edited by dabomb
  • Like 4

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great!

Especially looking forward to some input on the TGP (contrast of vehicles over ground clutter) in order to figure out if what we have in 1.5 is totally busted or closer to reality than we (I, at least) think. :)

Got a few activities planned so it depends on the time if I can make it, but I'm fairly certain Baltic Dragon will ask some of those same questions anyway. :thumbup:

This will probably come in handy to coordinate the time over all our different time zones:

http://zulutime.net/

What do I wear?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Absoluteley

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Absolutely!

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Okay. I will set this up. As mentioned, it will either be Saturday, Jan 9, or Sunday, Jan 10. I am guessing it will probably be either afternoon or early evening Pacific Standard Time (PST, GMT-8 ). I realize that may be inconvenient for those non-US folks, so I will try to record the session.

We will be using the 229th AHB TS server -- address and channel info to follow later.

-dabomb

Edited by dabomb

Isn't it better to gather questions here and then do QA just like with Wags?

I suppose it depends on how many people end up replying to this thread. It makes sense for Wags to do that as EVERYONE in the DCS community has questions about the stuff he discusses, and it would be chaos to try to do a live chat.

Seeing as this is just a discussion about the A-10 and not a new DCS aircraft, graphics engine, terrain, etc., I am hoping that this will be a bit more "intimate". (and maybe I'm being naive about how much response to expect).

If the response becomes overwhelming, we may have to resort to a formal Q and A.

Okay. I will set this up. As mentioned, it will either be Saturday, Jan 9, or Sunday, Jan 10. I am guessing it will probably be either afternoon or early evening Pacific Standard Time (PST, GMT-8 ). I realize that may be inconvenient for those non-US folks, so I will try to record the session.

Yeah, a recording would be great.

For us Western and Central European guys I guess the question is whether we stay up late or get up early (personally, more of a staying up late guy here, and so an afternoon session that would equal something like 3 am my time would be quite okay, but I'm sure others would rather get up at 5 am, so you should probably just pick the time that suits you guys best :thumbup:).

Want to chat with a recently retired A-10 combat and instructor pilot?

Thank you!

I haven't used TeamSpeak yet, but this a great excuse to get it setup.

Would be awesome to have it recorded as a backup.

Thanks again, greatly appreciated!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. System specs: Windows 7 Pro, EVGA X58 3x classified 3 MOBO, i7 960 @3.2Ghz, 24Gb Ram, Nvidia EVGA GTX 780ti with 3 Gb VRAM.

Edited by Mike77

12th Gen i7 12700K, MSI Z690 Edge mobo, 32 GB of DDR4-3600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws V CL16). 

Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle OC (Triple Fan, 16GB VRAM), ACER XV322QU 32" IPS monitor (running 2560x1440).

2TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (3D TLC NAND PCIe Gen 4 x4).

Windows 11.

better be in the form of a Q/A.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

He aint still around Spang today ?

One of my friends flies A-10 out of Spang,,,they might know each other.

Living around the corner

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Fantastic. Always best to hear from the real guys. Please post when done in case we missed it. I'm a former real life commercial pilot and instructor, would love to join up with some guys as I learn the A-10C and hone my skills. Please let me know who would be best for me to approach.