Want to chat with a recently retired A-10 combat and instructor pilot?

dabomb

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the audio, what is his call sign? Curious if our paths have crossed. Looking forward to listening tonight when I get off work.
His call sign was Olie (or Ollie?), not be confused with another pilot who's call sign was Oly.
  • Like 1

Couldn't make it yesterday, but just done listening to the recording. Pete, thank you so much, this was incredibly informative! :thumbup:

Also huge thanks to dabomb for setting it up and for uploading the recording! :thumbup:

Just one question: The recording starts somewhere mid-sentence. Did Pete mention anything about the TGP regarding the DCS vs. real life comparison before the recording started?

Hi Yurgon. You didn't miss anything --Pete just started really quick before I had a chance to start the recording. I believe the first 20-30 seconds or so didn't make the recording.

Unfortunately, I think he missed your TGP question and went straight to your list of questions, but I may be able to ask him to take a look at it.

-dabomb

• Like 1

Thx guys for the Great job and sharing it with the rest of us:thumbup::pilotfly::joystick::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

You didn't miss anything --Pete just started really quick before I had a chance to start the recording. I believe the first 20-30 seconds or so didn't make the recording.

Unfortunately, I think he missed your TGP question and went straight to your list of questions, but I may be able to ask him to take a look at it.

Good to know, thanks! Don't worry about it. If there's another Q&A I'll be sure to make the time and ask him myself. ;)

Hey guys, I think I might have found the JCAS document Pete was referring to.

Sounds good, thanks!

Quick hint: If you uncheck "Automatically embed media", your post will just show the link so that everyone can use their favorite PDF viewer instead of this inline-preview that really doesn't work well for anything with more than 5 pages, but is unfortunately preselected. :thumbup:

(If you don't see that option, you may have to "Go advanced" on the message screen).

Thanks guys for putting this together. I had to cut out early. Olie was great to share his knowledge with us please thank him.

here is a link to the CAS PDF https://fas.org/irp/doddir/dod/jp3_09_3.pdf

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Amazing thing guys, thanks for letting this happen. And thank you Lt. Col. Olson for taking the time talking with us few enthusiasts.

May I point everyone to Omega Tau? It's a podcast that deals with aviation (among other things), and has quite some episodes about military flight (U-2, SR-71, F-4, Harrier, Carrier Ops, and more) with some pretty famous pilots as well.

http://omegataupodcast.net/

I would absolutely love an episode on the A-10, maybe dabomb could ask Lt. Col. Olson if he may be interested in appearing. I'm sure Markus (the podcasts curator) would love to have the opportunity.

Edited by Gliptal
  • Like 2

I just listened to the recording and it was really informative! He also seems like a very nice guy.

Thank you for making that happen :thumbup:

@ Gliptal

I think it's Lieutenant Colonel ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I just listened to the recording and it was really informative! He also seems like a very nice guy.

Thank you for making that happen :thumbup:

@ Gliptal

I think it's Lieutenant Colonel ;)

LTC, Lt. Col, & Lieutenant Colonel are the same. When speaking, you just call them as "colonel" and not "Lieutenant Colonel"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Just finished, I know the community will eat this stuff up. From one vet to another, and A-10 production to A-10 ops please pass on my thank you!

Let him know we are putting A-10's to good use on my deployment to Turkey!

Snoopy I am sure that I am one of many that would appreciate your posting some photos of some A-10s in your location.

Thank him for his service and thanks for doing this for our community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64