Throttle and uncontrollable behaviour

First, let me say that this massive update is mind blowing. However, I've found some peculiar behaviour taking place. Whenever I:joystick: apply speed or throttle back, the plane loses all control and I have to fight to maintain forward flight. It's like I was applying right rudder.

This is happening on all the planes in Alpha.

I fly with a warthog hotas, badly!

Edited by mikethemadmonk

Experienced that on m2000 in 2.0.

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Check your axis assignments on all controller, there's a great chance that you're experiencing double inputs to some of the axis.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Check Axes,

Sounds Like throttle is still linked to Rudder Input.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thanks for your replies, however how can this happen? I know exactly how to set my axes and always delete the assignments that are set across the three pieces of hardware, Joystick, throttle and rudder, by the game itself.

Does the Warthog hotas have a calibration routine? Have you completed and saved that state?

The possibility of multiple assignments of controller input to same action might very well give rise to what looks like controller cross-linkages. Every time I add a hotas assignment to one of my controllers, I search the keys, other controllers and the mouse for duplicate assignments.

On my screen, I have to scroll side-ways to pick up all the controller columns. I have often been surprised to find a mouse or keyboard assignment, for example, on the same input as my new hotas controller choice.

Check Device Manager to make sure you have no conflicts with the Warthog controller within Windows itself.

:thumbup:

Yes ,"Old Guy" I do follow you. Whenever I assign a new action I always delete the multiple entries. I mean, that I often see that an axis action is put on all the three connected controllers, joystick, throttle and rudder. Why it does this is beyond me.

By the by, I'm 73, and still paragliding, that's real flying but not as complicated!

Did you copy your old input configuration across to 1.5.2 and 2.0? It was stated that it wasn't advisable when 1.5 was first released in Beta. Do you see anything like it in any other games?

It could be hardware, or it could be software to blame, so it's best to go back to basics and see if you can trace it that way.

I'd try starting from scratch with a new set of input files by moving your saved games folder, or renaming it,then a new one will be created when you next run the game. Test it, and see if that solves the problem. Keep the old input files in case they aren't to blame, and you can always drop them back in.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I programme my thrustmaster hotas for f15 and m2000. flies great turn computer off. Come back to it another day select f15 for example on saved profiles.....everything is how it was before I progrmmed...so I then I have to re program the hotas again and save....really irritating and getting fed up with it.

Why doesn't the game remember my saved settings? Almost ready for binning it.