Hosting Problem

Hey all, can any one help me with hosting a server on ubi.com? I may not be setting the server up properly...still kind of new to the game. I'm currently on a DSL connection and behind a Linksys router. The 10308 port is opened and DMZ is enabled. When I load the server list, i click Create Room, name it, then Start Game. That loads my game and puts me at the Main Page of Lock On (version 1.02). Then click Network Play/Internet. By default, it is set for Client, so I chose Server, Furball,ect then Start. This is when i can chose my map and Fly. Then im in the game flying....

The problem is, people can see my server, but can't join. Where it shows ADDR, should it be set for All Interfaces, my (192.162.1.xx) IP, or (70.256.23.xx) IP? Or am I totally off course?

Theres a couple problems that you'll want to fix...

1. I would suggest using Hyperlobby as its a much more reliable way to host and join games (personally ive had many problems with the ubi site)

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=5

2. You'll want to make sure that people who are joining your game have the same version. Many people will have flaming cliffs and are using the version 1.12a and they will not be able to connect to your game server.

3. Becasue your behind a router, you probably wont be able to host any games. To do so you're going to have to open the ports in your router (which i dont know how to do but try googling it) and then people will be able to connect.

Hope this helps

EDIT: Sorry, i forgot to write that the ip you'll wanna to use for direct connecting is your modems IP and not your routers IP. the only way i know to find this is click start, the run, the type in "cmd", a window will pop up and in the window type "ipconfig" wait a second and your get a bunch of ip numebrs. the one you want to use will be near the bottom and is labeled "IP Address" it should also be the same IP as the number labeled "Default Gateway". So if youre creating a game in lockon rather than on hyperlobby or ubi, make your IP address "all interfaces" and leave your port at 10308 (or whatever it is by default). Also, just a hint, make your server connection speed at 128/128 and make sure peple who connect have they're speed set at 128/128 as well, this tends to make a server more stable (in my experience anyways). Now when the people connecting to the server put in the IP make sure they use the one that i just told you how to get. If your router has its ports opne then this will work fine.

angelbannerfinal9th1vb.jpg

Virtual 9th Airforce

Ok... the thing here is, my ip addy and default gateway are two different numbers... the IP is 192.168.2.8 and the gateway gateway is 192.168.2.1 This may be because I have 3 computers on this router....:crash:

So... I will try both starting with the IP # first....

Thx for the help Pyro!

Btw, I am able to host another game online... but it doesn't need manual input of an IP.

The 10308 port is opened and DMZ is enabled.
Usually, Port Forwarding and DMZ are mutually exclusive. You can use one or the other, but not both at the same time.

DMZ puts your PC's ports "outside" the router firewall.

Port Forwarding tells the router to send all "traffic" inbound to a specific port (10308) to a specific PC on your private LAN (192.168.2.8).

For LockOn you need to have BOTH TCP and UDP port forwarded. Use the ALL INTERFACES option.

Does your private LAN use Static IPs or DHCP (dynamic IP assignment by the router)?

DHCP and Port Forwarding can be in issue for some routers.

Static Private IPs and Port Forwarding seem to work better.

You can usually find detailed instructions on how to set up your specific router if you google your router model name together with port forwarding.

Example: http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-linksys-port-forwarding.html

Also the hardware forums at http://www.broadbandreports.com is a good resource.

http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all?cat=6

ahhh found it... The problem was in my modem. I updated the firmware on it and it give me alot of options that was not their before. One being port-fowarding. So when I opened up the 10308, people started popping in with no problems! :pilotfly:

• 2 years later...