Introducing EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Steggles

I believe it does. I seen it being used in a Facebook video just a few days ago. I haven’t had a chance to update it with the any new aircraft yet. I will hopefully get time to do some maintenance in the next week or two.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

• 1 month later...

Steggles,

Do you accept donations?!?!

Your script is totally sweet :thumbup:

p.s. You forgot to add the Tu-95MS in your ewrs.acCategories

Edited by strikers_blade

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

I’m surprised it still works! I haven’t had a chance to do anything to this script in a long time. I dont have anything setup for donations, but if you really want to make one, please support my squad - the link for which can be found in my sig.

-16AGR- 16th Air Guards Regiment is always looking for pilots - http://www.16agr.com

EWRS - Early Warning Radar Script

Specs:

Gigabyte Sniper Z5-S

Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz OC'd 3.9GHz w/ Thermaltake 120mm Water 3.0 Pro Liquid CPU Cooler

16GB RAM

Gigabyte GTX 1080

TM Hotas Warthog: SN: 06976

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5 with TrackClipPro & Oculus Rift

2x 28" 4k UHD Monitors (3840x2160 each) + 1280x1024

• 2 months later...

Hello, I tried to do something like your EWRS script in moose environment but without succes. I would like something like EWRS but including borders intruders.

With tasks, moose can do something close but there is a lot of menue and submenue in the f10 menue. I would like to do something as playerfriendly as EWRS.

I had this Idea for cold war scenarii, if someone is better than me with the lua code :)

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know how to reduce the size or set the size of the message box and spacing between the lines. We love using this but the boxes are so huge and take up so much space it makes it difficult when there are a lot of pilots in the server.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Does anyone know if the initial created in-game menu item "EWRS" can be renamed?

I can't find the line in the LUA that is generating the menu item and its name...

I don't use this script but it looks like line 672 is where it is at.

I recommend https://www.editplus.com/ as a great tool for comparing files and searching them.

It can do case sensitive searches which made finding the answer to your question simple.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm having a small issue.

I've inserted the script and its running in my mission. I know its working because I can see the F10 menu option. However, it's not picking up ANY aircraft despite having an AWACS to feed it information.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4GHz (Turbo's to 4.0GHz) ¦ x2 8GB Gskill Trident Z DDR4-3000 ¦EVGA GTX 1070 ¦ Asus prime X370-Pro ATX AM4 ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog ¦ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals ¦ Track IR

FC3 ¦ F5 ¦ M2000C ¦ AV8B ¦ A10C ¦ F18C ¦ F16C ¦ SA432 ¦ UH1H ¦ MI8 ¦ KA50 ¦ NEVADA ¦ CAUCASUS ¦ PERSIAN GULF ¦ NORMANDY ¦ Supercarrier |

Wish List:

RAF Tornado GR4

RAF CH-47 Chinook Mk6

RAF Hawker Typhoon (Warbird)

http://www.twitch.tv/uncappingbadger

• 2 months later...

Through The Inferno: Multiplayer and Singleplayer Missions

Lots of great information in this thread! ED, the most important missing feature of the mission editor is to be able to create missions that have dynamic and unpredictable gameplay elements. This is probably for me personally, but the main theme with these popular servers is unpredictability, dynamic gameplay and high replayabability.

The basic functions I wish the editor had by default would make these gameplay elements possible without any script wrapper or extensive lua;

- Ability to respawn enemy units on a trigger/event

- Spawn x number of units inside a zone in random positions (altitude), choosing units randomly from a set list of units

- Put "client/player" spawn points with a drop-down or aircraft selection, allow these spawn points to be configurable to which aircraft can be spawned on those slots - Avoids having to anticipate or guess how many of each aircraft is needed for a more sandbox style mission.

WRAPPERS:

MIST:

We use MIST to support other scripts that require it to run such as CTLD and EWRS.

MOOSE:

This is the main framework that we utilize for our custom mission scripts

COMMUITY MADE GAMEPLAY SCRIPTS:

CTLD:

As said by many before me, it adds a whole new world of helicopter gameplay adding logistics/building, troop transport and much more.

CSAR:

Adds a new gameplay element of rescuing downed pilots, also with the option for blocking slots until downed pilot is rescued

EWRS:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158076

This is a convienient tool that prints AWACS reports to players' screens. Customizable with many options to cater to any player or mission designer needs.

JTAC Autolase:

This script is also included with CTLD, but we use a standalone custom version of this script. This script allows us to have any friendly AI unit, plane, drone, helicopter or ground vehicle automatically lase and accquire enemy targets. This allows us to get target designations from units that are spawned dynamically.

TTI SPECIFIC CUSTOM GAMEPLAY SCRIPTS:

Air Missions Script (MOOSE/DCS LUA API):

Spawns an enemy bandit group in a random position in a zone. It chooses from a pre-set list of aircraft that can spawn in that zone.

Ground Missions Scripts (MOOSE/DCS LUA API):

Spawns x number of enemy ground units in one of x number of zones. It chooses from a pre-set list of units that can spawn in that zone.

"Zeus" Unit Spawner (MOOSE/DCS LUA API):

We use this to spawn units on map marker positions by typing the name of a unit within the marker.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

• 3 months later...