Trackir Vector question

Hello all, i have trackir3 w/vector and when i place the trackir on top and in the center of my monitor about 2 feet away from me it just goes nuts, i have to place it all the way to my left and then it works sort of good. My smoothing is on around 36 or so and i use smooth as my motion. I was wondering what others use and how they have theres set up so it doesnt jump around and you can look around nicely, thanks all.

2 common issues:

The sun shining in the window can & will wreak havok on your units ability to see you & only you. Check the tracking screen and look for spots on the screen besides yours.

Make sure that your dot(s)/ head thing is lined up perfectly with the unit before centering. If one thing or the other is off to one side- even a little- you'll be improperly centering. Symptoms of this are tracking well to one side- while the other side loses track all the time.

EDIT:Ha. I got beat.

It definatley sound's like some form of light behind u..

i got a window behind me and when the sun is shining my TIR goes nuts..unplayable.

It's the only place for my monitor,so there not much i can do,except get thick lined curtains..or just brick up the window lol!

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

Try moving the IR unit another 12" away. They get glitchey when the reflec is up close and personal. You also get slow down and FPS loss.

Read to bother hands their on time much too with people only that bit little the.