Has anyone had any luck solving screen freeze bug?

gpbob

Hi, quite a frustrating thing --- just upgraded my PC and was hoping that I could now play Lock On with the new spec's. I even invested in the Flaming Cliffs mod. But alas I get random screen freezes when in single player mode. The game does not lock up, just freezes for seveal tens of seconds and then will come back to life. I've tried all the usual stuff (latest drivers, minimizing acceleration, etc.) Love the game but really can't play it if you never know when it's going to freeze like this!

System specs:

HP Pavilion with AMD 4200+

2GB ram

NVIDIA 7600 GT KO PCIe w/ 256M

thanks for any tips / advice!

bob

I have noticed this once in a while also. Its only done it about 3 times and each time I paused, Alt+tab to desk top and alt+tab back to sim. After every thing gets re-drawn, it seems to work fine from then on.

Best I can tell it started after patch 1.12a OR when I changed my pre-load terain in RAM to 50 in stead of 100. I get better fps at setting of 50 and the freeze hasnt happened enough for me to trouble shoot it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

Here's an update:

Found out that the power supply on the new compute only had 300W and the graphics card was looking for >>=350W. Upgraded the power supply and still had same problems. Exchanged the NVIDEA card for a Radeon and now seem to be running fine. There was something "sick" with the NVIDEA card ... thankfully I was under the 30 day return and it cost me only the difference in the card.

Cheers, and thanks for the help!

bob

I thought I had a sig with my sys specs in it but I guess not. I have an x850xt plat edition (H.I.S. Radeon) and I still get the freezes from time to time.

Maybe a driver thing. what drivers are you running on your Radeon? That may be what I need to fix mine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64