DCS: F-86F Official Interactive Training Missions

derelor

Here is a list of the official interactive training missions for DCS: F-86F Sabre:

1. F-86F Cold Start Training Mission

2. F-86F Taxi Training Mission (V/O included)

3. F-86F Takeoff Training Mission (V/O included)

4. F-86F Landing Training Mission (V/O included)

5. F-86F Navigation Training Mission (V/O included)

6. F-86F Air-To-Air Guns Training Mission (V/O included)

7. F-86F Air-To-Ground Rockets and Guns Training Mission (V/O in preparation)

8. F-86F Missiles Training Mission (V/O in preparation)

9. F-86F Bombs Training Mission

We will try to provide English voice-overs for all missions in the near future.

Feedback is welcome.

EDIT 02.04.2016: Updated post - removed the missions that are now included in the sim.

F-86F Training - A2A Guns.zip

F-86F Training - Navigation.zip

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

With permission from Belsimtek, I am sharing two of the upcoming official interactive training missions for DCS: F-86F Sabre with you:

1. F-86F Cold Start Training Mission

2. F-86F Taxi Training Mission

These (and more) missions are WIP and will be included in a future update. Feedback is welcome.

Very good.

Thanks

Lorenzo F.

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome! I've been waiting for these for a looong time. :)

Do you have any insight into what kind of training missions we can expect in the future, ie. subject matter?

AFAIK the following additional training missions are in production:

• Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Weapons employment
  • Navigation

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Weapons employment
  • Navigation

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

"I told Orville and i told Wilbur, that thing will never fly" The last fomous words

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Weapons employment
  • Navigation

Thanks much. For weapons, I'd really like to see some detailed tutorials for the different bombing modes. Bombing could easily be a couple of training missions if not three.

Uh, that Humvee driver in the taxi mission needs to be tossed into the brig! The guy did an abrupt 180 and crashed right into my Saber.

Must be a Texas native.

Time to buy this module :D

It's BEEN time! :) This thing is fun as hell just to fly...it handles like nothing else and responds to tiny inputs almost like it's reading your mind. I love it!

Edited by Zilch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

Very cool and Thx:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Awesome. Been waiting for these for a long time!

For wich dcs version are these and how do I install them?

For 1.5. Just download them to your computer and start them via the Mission tab in the DCS main menu.

I'm sure they'll be integrated into the Training tab once all of them are available.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

In immediate action (unsure what it is called in English), there is a "cold start" mission. Is this the same as the one you put there? Or the one you put there is a more elaborate one?

Also, I have no taxing mission for now. Any idea when those will be in the official update?

And now, do you think we can hope a campaign for the F86F in the future? I guess we can't hope a korean map, but then a campaign in the current map is better than nothing ;) (though I would love a korean map the quality of nevada ^^)

Edit:

Something that we will also need is a full interactive cold start, taxiing, taking off, doing a circuit, then landing training mission. I mean, not separate missions, but a whole one that covers all, as when you're flying, we are not dropped in altitude, we have to do everything, from taking off to landing...

Edited by harf4ng

Favorite modules : Huey, F-86F, F14 and P-51D

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

Too bad we can't put them in "Training" folder, I guess we miss the lua and ogv files to make it work that way :)

Quest 2, RTX 3080, i7 10700K, 16 Gb of RAM, Pro Flight Trainer PUMA helicopter setup, Warthog HOTAS with two force sensitive stick, custom cockpit and a GS-Cobra dynamic seat.

I was waiting for long time for training missions to finally start learning this bird I got long time ago.

I hope team to increase training missions after finalising those two!

System specs below

Case - Antec Three Hundred

PSU - Corsair AX750watt

Board - MSI Z170A GAMING PRO

CPU - Intel i5 6600K 3900MHz

Cooler - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus

Memory - Kingston HYPERX 16G DDR4 2400Mhz CL15

Graphics - MSI GEFORCE GTX 980 GAMING 4G

SSD - Samsung 950 PRO 256GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor - Philips 277E 27" 1920x1080 60Hz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64bit

Flight Controllers - Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek COMBAT RUDDER PEDALS, TrackIR 4, Track Clip Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You shouldn't need power to talk to the ground crew. Neither real life nor the game requires it. Only transmitting on the radio requires power.

The real life INTERIOR CHECK list is as follows (up to turning on the ground power):

1. Stick grip--Check.

2. Safety belt and shoulder harness--Check.

3. Seat--Adjust.

4. Rudder pedals--Unlock and adjust.

5. Armament switches--Off.

6. Throttle--OFF (adjust friction).

7. Landing gear handle--DOWN.

8. Engine master, emergency ignition, and battery-starter switches--OFF.

9. Speed brake switch--Neutral (HOLD).

10. External power--Connected.

So, per the flight manual, power should be off when external power is requested/connected. Interestingly enough, upon completing a lot of switch position verification steps (including desired radio setup), the procedure goes right into starting the engine without directing the pilot to request permission and/or inform the ground crew. In the game, step 45 should be used to set up the radio to the tower control frequency and put the radio in TR mode. Upon completion of the INTERIOR CHECK list, the pilot should request and receive permission to start before beginning the STARTING ENGINE list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The real life STARTING ENGINE list is as follows:

1. Throttle--OFF.

2. Engine master switch--ON.

3. Battery-starter switch--STARTER (momentarily), then BATTERY.

4. 3% rpm--Throttle outboard.

5. 6% rpm--Throttle halfway between IDLE and OFF.

6. Throttle--Adjust for proper exhaust temperature.

7. Oil pressure--Check.

8. Engine instruments--Check.

9. Drop tank pressure shutoff valve--ON (drop tanks installed)--OFF (drop tanks not installed).

10. Drop tank selector switch--OUTBD ON or INBOARD ON (OTBD ON & JETT or INBD ON & JETT) if drop tanks installed--ALL TANKS OFF if drop tanks not installed.

11. External power--Disconnected.

12. Generator warning light--Out.

So, in-game, upon reaching a stable rpm and increasing the throttle enough to make power (>35% in game), the pilot should perform step 11 by requesting the ground crew to remove ground power.

The F-86 Cold Start mission made available in this thread is fairly close to the real check lists aside from not including switch position verification prior to engine start and hydraulic system ground tests after engine start. Of course the next step is requesting permission to taxi from tower control.

In-game, the default positions of nearly all of the switches matches the verified positions in the real-life INTERIOR CHECK list. So, skipping over those steps doesn't really hurt anything and saves time/effort for virtual pilots. Hard-core flight manual owning purists can still follow the real checklist, and it generally works as it should in-game.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have noticed something in the cold start mission, is that it does not ask to put oxygen on.

Isn't it mandatory?

In the PDF I have about this plane, this is part of the start procedure...