DCS: F-86F Official Interactive Training Missions

derelor

This is what you should see after clicking the F-86F Training Section in DCS 1.5.4.56500

attachment.php?attachmentid=148424&stc=1&d=1474125987

Hello

I see the mission files (miz) in the windowes explorer , but they don't appear in the game menu for "mission" or "training".

Can anyone help me ?

Gnouze

Screen_160917_161754_reduced.jpg.8d2def74ac10c5ed313dda11cae46ae9.jpg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

In DCS 2.0.3, every section is empty. :-(

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

those missions are based on caucasus map, so will not appear in 2.0's file explorer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Yes, it is possible. Go to C:\Users\[your name]\Saved Games\DCS.OpenAlpha\Config\Input\ and copy the chosen aircraft content to similar location created by DCS 1.5 (........Saved Games\DCS\....).

Although copying method is not officially recommended, as long as module was updated the same way in 2.0.x and 1.5.x, there should be not problems by doing so.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• 5 months later...

In my Opinion something is wrong, with the bombing training mission. It says to switch the sight selector to gun for manual pip bombing. But it seems not to work at all in this position. If the selector switch stays on bomb it seems to work normal. Even in the docs the error seem to be present.

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
In my Opinion something is wrong, with the bombing training mission. It says to switch the sight selector to gun for manual pip bombing. But it seems not to work at all in this position. If the selector switch stays on bomb it seems to work normal. Even in the docs the error seem to be present.

This. Also the cold start mission gets stuck at one point (it doesn't tell you to turn the starter on or highlight it, there's just perpetual 'press space to continue'). It also misses the battery switch. Besides, both of these missions (but cold start in particular) need voiceover.

• 2 months later...

There are a hell of a lot of posts here and it's impossible to get an overview.

I've been doing the navigation training mission - or trying to.

I've spent the last half hour trying to get the AV morse signal from Babushara on 489kHz and it isn't there. I went up and down between 410 and 520kHz more times than I care to remember - and none of the cw signals started with an A

I'm a qualified radio op, so I know what I'm listening for - and it isn't there.

Is it perhaps out of range to start with?

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

There are a hell of a lot of posts here and it's impossible to get an overview.

I've been doing the navigation training mission - or trying to.

I've spent the last half hour trying to get the AV morse signal from Babushara on 489kHz and it isn't there. I went up and down between 410 and 520kHz more times than I care to remember - and none of the cw signals started with an A

I'm a qualified radio op, so I know what I'm listening for - and it isn't there.

Is it perhaps out of range to start with?

Just a suggestion, but use the yellow pages on the kneeboard and tune the frequency to 489kHz and see what code it transmits. Then make a bug report with version number. Have you tried it in various versions or just one?

Hi Brixmis,

I have been revisiting the F86F and decided to try and recreate your issue as I have both versions of 1.5.

I tested the Navigation Training Mission in both versions prior to today's updates. In both instances I had no problem tuning to 489 and hearing the morse code signal, even whilst on the ground prior to take off.

This might suggest it could be a problem at your end rather than a bug, I have no idea to be honest but I completed the mission 3 times in each version with the same outome. I realise this does not help to solve your problem but maybe it gives you other avenues to explore. Cheers

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for having a look. It was very frustrating, I was receiving a station every second click of the tuner in that band, but none of them even started with the letter 'A'.

I'll be having another go as soon as time permits and see what happens next time.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

No, this is definitely a problem. What mystifies me is that, why do I get this problem and you don't? That shouldn't happen, as it can't be related to set-up or anything else, really.

The kneeboard shows I am on the right frequency. The S-meter has FSD, but the radio nav needle doesn't appear to react (unless the beacon makes it point along the 90/270 line), and all I get over the audio is a dash, or "T".

Kneeboard Guides

Intrigued by this conversation, I decided to test the mission myself (on 1.5.7 stable). I can confirm something's amiss indeed. 489 yields a "T" signal (single dash) with ADF pointing to ~275'ish degrees - nowhere near where bearing for Sukhumi should be when standing on Kobuleti ramp.

Edit - after further testing, it's a problem with this mission itself - when you put an F-86 or MiG-15 on Kobuleti in your own custom one, you can tune to the Sukhumi allright with no issues.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Must be something wrong in the 1.5.7 stable then. I haven't tested the 1.5.7 OB, though I checked both mission files themselves and they are the same (on the second thought, corrupted mission can only mess up the radio comms and not navaids, so the problem must lie somewhere else).

• 2 years later...

Hey,

I wanted to thanks the team behind the F-86 training missions: I don't have experience with much planes, but these missions are really well done, and nice to do. They're well designed, there is some nice reminders in the briefing, and so far they're not buggy (which not the case of all planes !)

Training missions are really a MAJOR part of discovering a new plane, for new players, like me, who like to fly but are not the "biggest" enthusiasts. I know a lot of player just skip them and directly read the manuals, but I think ED should try to always have high quality and bugless training missions for all the others (the A10C ones are great too) :thumbup:

Speaking of bugs, I will make a small update about the navigation lesson "bug", which was opened by Brixmis (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3193333#post3193333).

• 8 months later...

Those tutorial missions need probably an update.

In guns training labels are off by the scenario, no way to spot enemy plane on a map or by using his outside cam. This make this scenario hard, once you loose MiG from view, he will not attack you back.

• Like 2