Best option for triple monitors

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been discussed before...which it probably has but not recently.... what is everyones opinion on options for a triple monitor setup? TripleHead2Go or Nvidia SLI surround, given the flaky DCS/Nvidia support for SLI mode in DCS at the moment?

Even with a single GTX780 I get good FPS using surround. I can't comment on TH2G.

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't go SLI with the GTX's, I'd buy the biggest, baddest mother------ Nvidia makes and go with it. To be honest, when the next gen comes out this year, thats what I'll be doing. Now, I'll still need a second GPU for my 8" MFD screens so I'll be using one of my 780's but you could do the same with a GTX480 if you wanted.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Thanks but that's not really my question, I'm already exporting MFCD's to 2 Lilliput's. The question really is for the main displays what is the best hardware solution? Matrox TH2G or SLI?

Hmm. But I have the main display spread out across 3 1920X1080 monitors. That's what you want to do, right? Unless Surround and others have built in better FOV?

SLI is currently not working with 1.5 and 2.0. There are some folks who say they see benefit, while others don't see any benefit. I suppose after 2.0 goes GA, SLI will be supported.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Even with a single GTX780 I get good FPS using surround. I can't comment on TH2G.

If I were to do it again, I wouldn't go SLI with the GTX's, I'd buy the biggest, baddest mother------ Nvidia makes and go with it. To be honest, when the next gen comes out this year, thats what I'll be doing. Now, I'll still need a second GPU for my 8" MFD screens so I'll be using one of my 780's but you could do the same with a GTX480 if you wanted.

The problem is if I only go with one GTX and no TH2G, I'm only going to get 2 monitor outputs. The options I have as I see it are:

1. TH2G running off my NV 960 GTX @ 5120 X1080 with X3 Monitors

2. 2 X NV 960 GTX using only 1 GPU but utilizing 3 monitor outputs @ 5120 X1080 with X3 Monitors

All the GTX cards have more than 2 outputs, I don't understand why you think you can only plug 2 monitors into them?

I run 3 monitors at a combines res of 5760x1080 off of the vid ports on one of the two GPU's. The other card does my 2 8" MFD's but isn't considered as resolution given how ultramfcd works.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The best triple monitor solution isn't. It's one large 4K curved TV/monitor in the 55-60" range.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers