HAWG DRIVERS WANTED

Blooze

Considering the changes that have taken place with DCS and the introduction of many new modules I am curious to know how many there are remaining that prefer the A-10C aircraft and flying realistic multiplayer coop missions designed for what it was intended for based on current events as well as historical conflicts. I have tried numerous times to organize small groups of like minded folks with this in mind and seem compelled to continue to try again from time to time. I am seeking mature and experienced pilots that would be available for 1 or 2 missions per week at either 2:30 and/or 8:00 PM CST (US) I am currently only using the NTTR map and have created several missions for use but would certainly welcome anyone skilled with the ME to produce more missions in the future. If you are not already involved with other groups or squads then please email me at dcswblooze@gmail.com or click HERE if this sounds like something that would be of interest to you.

Edited by Blooze
  • Thanks 1

Count me in. It would be nice to find a few guys that enjoyed an occasional A10C coop mission without the pressure of a formal squadron. I've been flying with Blooze for almost two years (off and on) and the mission atmosphere is casual without losing focus of the mission goals. Over that time period, there have been more than a few guys that he has helped introduce to the A10C. If you are someone who is "mature" and been flying the Hog single player and want to step into multiplayer...this is the format. For me, multiplayer is where its at.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Count me in. It would be nice to find a few guys that enjoyed an occasional A10C coop mission without the pressure of a formal squadron. I've been flying with Blooze for almost two years (off and on) and the mission atmosphere is casual without losing focus of the mission goals. Over that time period, there have been more than a few guys that he has helped introduce to the A10C. If you are someone who is "mature" and been flying the Hog single player and want to step into multiplayer...this is the format. For me, multiplayer is where its at.

Same here. I once posted a call out for "casual" gaming (in the relative sense. Nobody who picks up a high fidelity sim like DCS A-10C is that casual) and we still fly occasionally. Hit me up if you feel like flying with someone who's just okay at the game. I'm not quite 40 yet though.

DCS A-10C is the only module I play. I'd be very interested in this but I'm only 28 years old. I can manage the A-10C fairly well and know about 90% of the systems. There's a few things I don't do often enough to be proficient in.

"Simultaneous selection of fuel dump and afterburner during high AOA

maneuvering may cause fuel to ignite with resulting fuselage damage."

Hi Blooze,

We've spoken about this before in PMs... I'd like to do some online flying with a group and I'm pretty good with the Hawg... my only problem is that I travel a lot for work - both domestically and internationally - and it varies from week to week, so my inclusion would sometimes be sporadic - at best.

Also... I've never done any "online" flying before, so I'd need to set up my system for it. I mostly have done single-player ops in DCS and BMS.. but I'm quite proficient at formation flying and military ops.

That said, though, I'd like to join in! I'm mostly available in the evenings - after 5:00pm EST

Greg

Edited by ggerman

Hi Blooze,

We've spoken about this before in PMs... I'd like to do some online flying with a group and I'm pretty good with the Hawg... my only problem is that I travel a lot for work - both domestically and internationally - and it varies from week to week, so my inclusion would sometimes be sporadic - at best.

Also... I've never done any "online" flying before, so I'd need to set up my system for it. I mostly have done single-player ops in DCS and BMS.. but I'm quite proficient at formation flying and military ops.

That said, though, I'd like to join in! I'm mostly available in the evenings - after 5:00pm EST

Greg

Thanks again for your interest. In an effort to make this as simple as possible in a way that will accommodate the many variables in each person's schedule, all anyone will be asked to do is post their availability HERE in advance. It's very frustrating for me to schedule my time for a mission only to find that nobody is there to fly it so this method should be agreeable to anyone that may want to participate while keeping my personal sanity intact.:blink: I hope to fly with you soon.

DCS A-10C is the only module I play. I'd be very interested in this but I'm only 28 years old. I can manage the A-10C fairly well and know about 90% of the systems. There's a few things I don't do often enough to be proficient in.

I have edited the OP and replaced 40+ with "mature and experienced" Although I may include training missions in the future I just don't want missions to become training sessions, and at the risk of being politically incorrect, I want to rule out those that take a video game approach with this sim as well.

Wondering what level of experienced you are thinking of. Are you looking for a skill level of setting coordinates mid-flight, changing laser codes and setting CBU trigger altitude? Cold start and landing in pairs? I'm guessing from what you're written so far you are not thinking TARS, mods and ranks, right?

2600K @ 4.2GHz, MSI P67A-GD55, 16GB G.Skill @2133 , GTX 970, Rift, SSD boot & DCS drive

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well ill be a hog driver for awhile yet..Im just waiting on my crosswinds and ill be starting from scratch..Killer part is that im a long haul trucker so times you guys play will not matter to me..Guess that means if im around at the time ill tag along to learn..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

I'm pretty sure by "Mature" Blooze means "Adult" not "Old"

:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Wondering what level of experienced you are thinking of. Are you looking for a skill level of setting coordinates mid-flight, changing laser codes and setting CBU trigger altitude? Cold start and landing in pairs? I'm guessing from what you're written so far you are not thinking TARS, mods and ranks, right?

beers, you pretty much nailed what we are looking for as far as skills are concerned. No need for TARS or ranks and I am open to mods if appropriate.

Why don't you join a squad that's already together? I've been flying with the same guys for about 15 years now. It's nice not having to go out looking for others to fly with. We have about 30 guys and 7-12 of us will be flying at any given time.

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Hi Blooze,

Greg

How are you good at flying formation if you've never flown online? There's a huge difference when flying formation with live pilots vs AI. It's much harder.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your system needs to be set up to fly online. I mean, you're online now, there's nothing to set up.

• Like 1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Why don't you join a squad that's already together? I've been flying with the same guys for about 15 years now. It's nice not having to go out looking for others to fly with. We have about 30 guys and 7-12 of us will be flying at any given time.

What group would that be?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

How are you good at flying formation if you've never flown online? There's a huge difference when flying formation with live pilots vs AI. It's much harder.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say your system needs to be set up to fly online. I mean, you're online now, there's nothing to set up.

In the future you may want to consider checking someone's credentials before offering your commentary.

About ggerman:

Flight Simulators:

DCS World 1.5,

BMS Falcon 4.33,

MS Flight Simulator X,

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D

Location, Alexandria, Virginia USA

Interests: Flying, Photography, Golf, Running, Models & Miniatures

Occupation: Advertising - Vice President & Creative Director - Retired O-6, USAF

Edited by Blooze

Although everyone has a right to an opinion, what you are suggesting sounds like the typical video gaming circle jerk activity that has caused a gradual deterioration of the true spirit of what DCS World once was and I feel an obligation to myself and other like minded folk to offer an alternative venue. Can I get an AMEN?

100.gif.05aeb98d2f9d77c62c6bed3acb6c190d.gif

Edited by Blooze