"Sky Fighters" --- The Mirage 2000C's "Top Gun" Movie

Bearfoot

Not sure if it is appropriate to post in this forum, or if it has been mentioned before, but folks might be interested in this movie. A movie featuring the Mirage 2000C. Not just including the M2000C, but it is to the M2000C as "Top Gun" was to the F-14! *LOTS* of footage of this bird flying and fighting!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndYeuZ10Ppo[/ame]

• Like 1

IMHO the best aviation movie out there, much better than Top Gun. The plot kinda sucks although I think it's not as bad as the Top Gun plot, but the aerial shots are absolutely stunning! Thanks to good cooperation with the Armée de l'air ther was no CGI needed. They actually did all those flying scenes for real and that's why this movie shouldn't be watched in crappy 480p resolution!!! Get a legal HD version of that movie and enjoy it!

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

French knows how to do beautiful/impressive pictures, but have hard time with "serious" fiction scenarios except pure comedy. It's a matter of culture i think (even in Sky Fighters, they don't resist to do some comedy)... Shakespeare vs Molière... two ways of thinking.

Edited by sedenion

I might be wrong, but I think, this was mentioned one or two times around here already .......

Great, but it's the first time I've heard of it. Thank you OP.:)

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Terrible plot but it does have some great aerial shots of the Mirage.

^ this!

Also, as a preemptive precaution:

The movie features mostly the 2000C, but a large bunch of "inside cockpit" shots show a 2000-5 cockpit. Don't ask Razbam to make the same mistake, please ;)

spacer.png

Blocked in Belgium, but I'll get myself a normal HD copy :)

:thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You have to see it in Full HD, not 480p, maybe the plot is not that good (like every other plane movies) and fight are not realistic because they are wayyyy to close...

BUT, pictures are just incredible, real footage of the Mirage all the time expect for the end (dogfighting of Paris might not be really good ^^), they put a camera inside the fuel tanks of a 3rd Mirage to capture high speed sequences (of course it was needed for some low pass at mach 1 or looping :p ).

I never saw best pictures since this movie. And the DVD/bluray version have making of with many many other filmed sequences not included in the movie.

And musics are just perfect with the picture !

A "must see" for any fan on DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Youtube Channel

Ryzen 2600 -- GTX980 4Go -- 16Go RAM 3200Mhz -- TM Warthog + Rudder Pedals -- HomeMade trackIR

Jep really nice pictures, but the pilots acting like horny little teenagers at the first sight of a woman kinda killed it for me. And no, I didn't expect an Oscar candidate. ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Jep really nice pictures, but the pilots acting like horny little teenagers at the first sight of a woman kinda killed it for me. And no, I didn't expect an Oscar candidate. ;)

You don't know them :megalol:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes, don't know for other country, but in france this reaction is pretty common (not only for fighter's pilotes)... in fact, actors are pretty good.

But i think there is gap with the english translation... i readed quicly the subtitles, and i saw that many ironic and humoristic subtilities are totally lost in the english subtitles... that let thinking the movie is completly serious while in fact, there is a real comedy component. In english, the pilotes seem so, so serious, while in french, they use funny words, expressions and comic behaviors.

Edited by sedenion

Yes, don't know for other country, but in france this reaction is pretty common (not only for fighter's pilotes)... in fact, actors are pretty good.

But i think there is gap with the english translation... i readed quicly the subtitles, and i saw that many ironic and humoristic subtilities are totally lost in the english subtitles... that let thinking the movie is completly serious while in fact, there is a real comedy component. In english, the pilotes seem so, so serious, while in french, they use funny words, expressions and comic behaviors.

if we are at it: in the movie you can hear warning sounds which i can't hear in dcs. Do you guys think that also those will be reproduced or does it affect only newer models? (2000d/n/5)

if we are at it: in the movie you can hear warning sounds which i can't hear in dcs. Do you guys think that also those will be reproduced or does it affect only newer models? (2000d/n/5)

Don't know, warning sounds in movie can be pure fictionnal for esthetics purpose... I'am not the one which can answere this question.