Mirage M2000-C Skin Template by frenchy :)

tacca

Hey, chatting with some of the guys over at the 229th (Kiwi and Strut) I found out that there was no skin template for the mirage.... So I made one 🙂 (its in .psd so I don't know if gimp users can open it??)

Now its not as complex as the ones released by the creators but it will do the job well until they do.

Pretty simple to use, adjust the layers called 'base color' to whatever you want to change the overall color (or add extra layers at the same level as base color to make camo paints etc). Add in extra layers with your roundels etc at the very top (I also made a layer that shows the location of the normal roundels that you can turn on).

Will update with .psd link once upload finishes.... shitty oz internet....

EDIT: Here is the link (updated so people dont have to request)

EDIT 2: If you make some skins please share pictures on this thread and links to download them on the ED users files page because some of the ones made already are pretty sweet

Edited by tacca
fixed link for pds files
  • Like 4

thanks tacca, though I hope that Zeus still releases their offical template sometime soon

Yeah, me too but its a good start.

One of the guys over at the 229th has already made this a la skunk works style but for NZ :O

(By kiwi)

Screen_160115_180222.jpg

Our textures guy told me that he is contemplating some changes and that is why there is no paint kit available yet.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Ok, after learning how the modelviewer basics works, i've managed to try to make a skin. :)

It is based on a finctional skin for the SU-33 of Ace combat, just because it was the series that introduced me into the Flight passion. XD

hsgs5212main-lg.jpg

Mirage_Yellow_13_2.jpg

Mirage_Yellow_13.jpg

This was my first try here, so i'm sure it is not very good... ^^;

Thank you again for the template! :D

Our textures guy told me that he is contemplating some changes and that is why there is no paint kit available yet.

Thanks Zeus, I hope you don't mind me making the templates myself and sharing them. Of course they are nothing like the originals so cant wait for them :)

Screen_160116_223855_zps7otzfawd.jpg

Cheers

Mirage_Yellow_13_2.jpg

Mirage_Yellow_13.jpg

This was my first try here, so i'm sure it is not very good... ^^;

Thank you again for the template! :D

Wow, looks great guys. Dexter, that is one sexy beast especially for a first try, definitely a new favorite of mine. You should share the files on here (or the user files area on the ED page)

Thank you! I'll see if i can upload it. =D

About the yellow in the underside, i know it is totally anticamouflage... XD But it is based on a skin of Ace combat 4, on a Su33 callsign 'Yellow 13'.

Looking around for more references, i've found that somebody made a replica of that for DCS... O.O

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2345431

And now i've noticed my yellow underside is REALLY too saturated. i'll fix it tomorrow... ;)

Thank you for your help! =D

Thank you! I'll see if i can upload it. =D

About the yellow in the underside, i know it is totally anticamouflage... XD But it is based on a skin of Ace combat 4, on a Su33 callsign 'Yellow 13'.

Looking around for more references, i've found that somebody made a replica of that for DCS... O.O

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2345431

And now i've noticed my yellow underside is REALLY too saturated. i'll fix it tomorrow... ;)

Thank you for your help! =D

Sounds good dexter, share the link when you desaturate the bottom. That su33 looks pretty mean

Yes, I'll be downloading :)

I keep meaning to get up to spec on DCS painting - I've done dozens of FSX, a couple of rFactor cars and one partial repaint for the FC Su-25T, but time is my enemy...

Still, you never know, so thanks very much for the template. :thumbup:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Righto.. so after downloading the SAAF Mirage scheme... I subsequently discovered this thread. Having grown up in the South Africa Air Force, I'm a die hard fan...

I have always felt that the SAAF should have bought Mirage 2000s, in stead of the Gripen. Anyway... here are some very rough first looks at some of the scheme's I've adapted from real world SAAF aircraft for the Mirage 2000.

First off... a 2 tone experimental camo scheme, worn by Cheetah E 842.

m2000a_zpsy5nql52i.jpg

Next up... the final camo pattern used on the F1AZs of 1Sqn. I've always felt that this is by far the sexiest air-to-ground scheme.

m2000ag_zps02h2d3l1.jpg

Here is one of the main line schemes as seen on our Cheetah Cs. This is the 'air-to-air' variation

m2000a2a_zpsdu0qxisy.jpg

Lastly... one of two specially dolled up Cheetah Cs, used on our airshow circuit. Vlaggie.

m2000vlaggie_zpsq2sna9ps.jpg

I am developing these skins for the VSAAF guys I fly online with, but I will certainly upload them, once they're finished, if you guys are interested.

FC3, UH-1, P-51D, Mi-8, A-10C, F-86F, FW 190D9, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 21, M-2000C, F-5E, Spitfire IX, A/V-8B, F/A-18C, F-14, FW 190A8, F-16C, P-47D

NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf

Virpil: Warbrd, Alpha-R, Mongoose CM-2 throttle, Warbrd rudder