Mirage M2000-C Skin Template by frenchy :)

tacca

• 1 year later...

TJTAS, I love your SEA skin, well done and thanks for painting it. Ever considered doing a Euro One type paint scheme? You are already most of the way there, just replace the tan with grey and cover the bottom as well.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

TJTAS, I love your SEA skin, well done and thanks for painting it. Ever considered doing a Euro One type paint scheme? You are already most of the way there, just replace the tan with grey and cover the bottom as well.

Glad you like it. Do you have an example of what you are asking for?.

Glad you like it. Do you have an example of what you are asking for?.

f-4_profile08.thumb.png.7ddd4beacf3d2e660929601379d7efeb.png

Basically you would just continue the camo on the underside surfaces since it "wraps around" and also replace the tan with the grey.

The large "stars and bars" insignia would be made subdued and small and the white tail code would be made black, also the USAF would be removed. Obviously it would be a fictitious skin and 102/106's never wore it but I do think it might make for a pretty mean looking Mirage.

That is pretty much it, thanks for considering the repaint.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Our textures guy told me that he is contemplating some changes and that is why there is no paint kit available yet.

Did I miss the official template someplace? Do not see in downloads section. I am going to see what i can create with this as it seems to be well made. I will add this to all my other "dark" skins I have created. Now I need to figure out how to script the lua file. :helpsmilie:

Thank you. Been looking for a while, didn't think to search outside the downloads section... :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

• 4 weeks later...
Coming soon

T5hw2rI.jpg

Hi there,

i am wondering how you make the texture transition that smooth? I find it kinda hard to paint, install the scheme and check it out on ModViewr just to see that the seems are not right. Going back and forth is really tiring just to vanish the annoying seems between the wings and the fuselage. How do you do it to get those overlaying seems vanished?

Thanks for any advice...

Happy landings

Demon

1287941314_WhatsAppImage2018-05-22at23_54_33.thumb.jpeg.635d0aef63ede0ff3d38dbc1078a92ff.jpeg

749676192_MirageBadTexture.thumb.jpg.a8c6ec00233e5f11f677c918eb97dad8.jpg

Edited by -=Demon=-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

The trick I use:

the contours are actually aligned horizontally, so you have to paint one, and go further than the limit.

Then you copy paste a part, which you then translate horizontally (so only one dimension to optimize, no endless repaint) . Ideally you find one point which corresponds between the two limits (think panel limits or counting rivets)

Hope this helps

NB: the lafayette mirage was nonetheless a nightmare, but I did a cambresis squadron tiger "easily" with this method.

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Hey, chatting with some of the guys over at the 229th (Kiwi and Strut) I found out that there was no skin template for the mirage.... So I made one :) (its in .psd so I don't know if gimp users can open it??)

Now its not as complex as the ones released by the creators but it will do the job well until they do.

Pretty simple to use, adjust the layers called 'base color' to whatever you want to change the overall color (or add extra layers at the same level as base color to make camo paints etc). Add in extra layers with your roundels etc at the very top (I also made a layer that shows the location of the normal roundels that you can turn on).

Will update with .psd link once upload finishes.... shitty oz internet....

EDIT: Here is the link

EDIT 2: If you make some skins please share pictures on this thread and links to download them on the ED users files page because some of the ones made already are pretty sweet

template.png

Demo.png

Hi Tacca

WOW..Awesome Template Buddy, and as you say much more user than the complex creators one.

Thanks Mate

Keith:thumbup:

Hey all, updated link so people shouldn't have to request access because of the google drive hotkey change

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s7D5Bzv2DFUkNtcWNZbWZTaXc/view?usp=sharing&resourcekey=0-84_ByCVzfjV0I7jryVoHig