Rudder wind problem persists

Gladman

Downloaded the new update this afternoon and had the same issues on takeoff as before. I'm thinking my right rudder pedal was 75% usage for takeoff in the mission that came with the module.

1.5 works flawlessly, windows config shows no out of center at all.

Saitek combat pedals were used.

Gladman

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Downloaded the new update this afternoon and had the same issues on takeoff as before. I'm thinking my right rudder pedal was 75% usage for takeoff in the mission that came with the module.

Gladman

I have the Saitek rudder pedals pro, and I can slam the throttle on the runway and the plane goes nearly straight... That part of the patch worked perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Apparently not for everybody.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Crosswind definitely still makes takeoff very dicey.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Try make a test with cross wind, its chilling...

Rember to aligne your nosewheel, before take off, and turn NWS off !

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

I agree there is a big difference with this update. Feels that the rudder input is overly sensitive or that the wind is now correctly modeled. I turned down my rudder sensitivity and that seemed to work better but the plane is a bear to control...

I really like the Nevada map but I went back to 1.5 to fly this plane. I agree that wind cannot account for the funky action on the runway. Also having difficulty with the TCD now, not to mention suddenly losing speed and crashing while dogfighting. Not sure if this is more realistic, but I'm enjoying myself in 1.5 so I figure why push it.

May consider flying the A-10C in Nevada until an integrated 2.0 come around or this bird has been updated.

Gladman

Ditto this post.

I have no problem with control on take off in 1.5. Plane tracks in middle of runway throughout take-off roll.

I'm not an ME guy but has anyone verified that the problem with the Nevada take off is in fact a cross wind? Looks to me that the wind in Nevada is only 4 knots. ???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I'm not an ME guy but has anyone verified that the problem with the Nevada take off is in fact a cross wind? Looks to me that the wind in Nevada is only 4 knots. ???

4m/s, which is 8 knots. Turned off the wind and it tracks perfectly down the runway.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Note that I also used the registry repair for Saitek pedals as well as removing and reconfigure in the dcs control panel.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

you arent supposed to turn NWS off before starting rolling.

Maybe not, but currently it's the only way to make some sort of controlled take off in crosswind conditions. (In Nevada)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

1.5 version works great- it hasn't been updated.

Personally, I feel that it's more than just the wind on 2.0. The wind does nudge the aircraft more than in 1.5, but it just seems like the rudder controls will not correct for it, and when it does, it over corrects. Perhaps you are on to something with the peripheral controls. I am using Saitek X-52.

4m/s, which is 8 knots. Turned off the wind and it tracks perfectly down the runway.

8 Knots is nothing, certainly not strong enough to require the degree of rudder correction during take-off roll.

I've submitted a Trouble Ticket (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158997). I think the affect of such a low cross wind is over modeled and the sensitivity of the rudder response needs attention. As this is a Beta, hopefully they'll get it straightened out.

Edit: Per the Manual, Nosewheel Steering should be disengaged after lining up for take-off. I tried without NWS and could control the plane better but still suffered drift to the left (affect of cross wind). Trying to correct that drift using right rudder input is an adventure to say the least. I believe that plane is far too sensitive to low cross winds and the reaction to rudder inputs is far too severe.

Edited by jjohnson241
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Noticed this too,

found that if the nose wheel is on the ground (under aircraft weight) it is fairly hard to get the rudder to correct direction, sort of like it's glued to the ground,

apply a little back pressure on the stick to pick up some of the weight off the nose once you've got a bit of speed and the rudder is a lot more responsive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5

Noticed this too,

found that if the nose wheel is on the ground (under aircraft weight) it is fairly hard to get the rudder to correct direction, sort of like it's glued to the ground,

apply a little back pressure on the stick to pick up some of the weight off the nose once you've got a bit of speed and the rudder is a lot more responsive.

Will give that a try.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

with NWS on, theoretically, the plane should track almost perfectly straight in an 8kt crosswind.

the friction of the tires should prevent it from sliding or turning if you hold the front wheel in place.

I almost feel like we're landing on ice, the way it seems to track sometimes

8 Knots is nothing, certainly not strong enough to require the degree of rudder correction during take-off roll.

I've submitted a Trouble Ticket (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=158997). I think the affect of such a low cross wind is over modeled and the sensitivity of the rudder response needs attention. As this is a Beta, hopefully they'll get it straightened out.

Edit: Per the Manual, Nosewheel Steering should be disengaged after lining up for take-off. I tried without NWS and could control the plane better but still suffered drift to the left (affect of cross wind). Trying to correct that drift using right rudder input is an adventure to say the least. I believe that plane is far too sensitive to low cross winds and the reaction to rudder inputs is far too severe.

I am sorry, look it up anywhere - and you'll come to realize this - but i can assure you that 8knots of crosswind is NOT nothing. remember that giant big rudder will weather vain into the wind all along the wind will tug you off the other side if you don't correct. I can bet much more than 8 kts the plane may need to go wing low as well as crab to land. and in real life crosswinds always come with mechanical turbulence, so i'd count myself lucky to have 'sim' style crosswinds.

So....anyone figured out why it's veering to the left on takeoff even in zero-wind conditions?

I've not experienced this. It goes perfectly straight with no wind.