any way to get cockpit view F1 on AI planes?

steve2112

• 3 years later...

Bumping this because I have the same question and I haven't found an answer for it yet. I realize it probably isn't possible for non-playable planes. But what about for planes where you own the module? Is there a way to set up a plane in mission editor to have AI control the plane while you spectate from the cockpit in the same manner that occurs when you create a track? Except, without having to fly the track first?

I've seen a couple of threads where people with file or license problems have something like this happen. They're able to get in the cockpit, but AI starts and flies the plane as if in a demo mode.

Is there a way to hand back control to the AI once you're in the cockpit if you do that Alt-J (jump into another plane) command?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'd like to know if this is possible too. I have VR and would love to make missions I can view or have someone else view from the cockpit of AI controlled planes I own in VR.

This is sort-of the same reason I want this functionality. I'd like to do VR demos for people but the saved Tracks function is so buggy that most of the time it results in a crash on landing or ends up in a completely wrong part of the map, etc... I did an exhaustive test the other day and couldn't get it to work so as far as I know, it's not possible right now. BUT IT SHOULD BE, so ED, if you're listening... please add this in as a feature.

AI aircraft don't have 3D cockpit models. That would be a huge task and take away from other projects...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

AI aircraft don't have 3D cockpit models. That would be a huge task and take away from other projects...

I think it is only about the ones that are playable, not the ones that are only available as ai

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog