Briefing, Lineup Card, and Map Errata

Wags

Mission 1:

So the game recognizes me as Ford 3, lineup card says I should be 4. A buddy has the same thing happening to him.

From Scav:

To expand on this a bit, the lineup card and all the briefing materials ID the player as Ford 4, and Wags' voiceovers also always refer to the player as Ford 4, but if you (for example) call Nellis ATC, you'll self-ID as Ford 3. For extra confusion, there's an AI Ford 4 flight making position reports as they go through their flight plan.

Also, the lineup card and briefing said vul time was 0855-0935 (40 minutes), but the map says it's +20 and Wags released me to RTB at 0917 (22 minutes).

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Mission 2:

B: DCA Vul time: 20 minutes (1654L – 1714L)

You actually arrive a lot earlier than that, also at one point 40 mins are mentioned in the mission (at CAP) - however 20mins are mentioned as well.

CAP way point number in voice do not match the numbers on the map.

B: Maintain CAP until relieved by Ford 5/6

Didn't see them in the mission, but I might not have waited long enough.

Edit:

Lineup card: Player Callsign Ford4-1 - 4 ship in the mission it's Ford3-1 2ship.

Also I might be missing something obvious but wouldn't 1654L indicate Lima timezone (UTC+11) or is it meant to mean local - but wouldn't that be either J (local) or U (UTC-8 )?

Edited by Blackeye

Blackeye, in military parlance, L refers to local time, Z refers to UTC.

Apparently there are different parlances then. We either had (Z)ulu or no letter which meant local time.

However AFAIK the other letters stand for the time zones around the world and the unused J for local - the sources I could find seem to agree with that see for example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_time_zones

Edit: as does ACP 121 (I) p 3A-1

http://jcs.dtic.mil/j6/cceb/acps/acp121/ACP121I.pdf

Edited by Blackeye

Hey, this is awesome so far. :) I'm almost positive you guys already have most of these but here is what I ran into so far:

Mission 1 Briefing:

- Pg 3, last paragraph; "relieved by Ford 5 and Ford 6 flights". Chevy 6 came on station at the end of our vul time but I never heard radio calls from Ford 5 or 6 that would indicate they were coming back to relieve us.

- The briefing mentioned no AWACS/GCI would be available. If so, who were the radio calls from, Ford 4?

- Pg 5; "Sun: West" should be "Sun: East"

Mission 2 Briefing:

- Pg 3, para 3; "behind the first four-ship" should be "behind the first two-ship" or just "behind the two aircraft in front of you". I caught on but only after they were airborne. :)

- Pg 4, para 8, 9, and 10; "Texas Lake" should be "Coal Valley".

- Pg 6, para below Mission Objectives; "(41 will be the player)" should be "(31 will be the player)" or whatever the intent is.

- Same paragraph; "relieved by Ford 5 and 6 flights". I was listening for these but only Chevy 6 came on station at the end of our vul time.

- Pg 6, second para from bottom; "Colt flights" should be "Uzi flights".

Mission 2 in-flight:

- The radio call at end of the tour referenced the CAP between stp 12 and 13. It should be between 13 and 14.

- I know there has already been feedback on the lineup card timing but as a reference, I went on station for the CAP at 16:31 local.

Awesome campaign so far!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On mission 2 map, waypoint 15 should be located on the same place that waypoint 6, from what i've flown today.

Btw , great work, Steve !! As always !

Vincent "Gnouze" Vagner

PS : Next mission is #3, for tomorrow. Can't wait. I enjoy the traffic going on in the Nttr, this all adds to the immersion that you brought with your material (doc and maps). And i have a nellis range wallchart in front of my desk, to complete the whole thing. That's neat.

• 3 months later...

If I am reading things correctly I believe the DLC Maps aren't being updated with DCS Updates and Mission 3 Southern Red CAP references appear to be wrong (~E-W instead of ~SE-SW)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2916109&postcount=5

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

• 1 year later...

On mission 5 :

Texas Lake is mentionned about Chevy 1 Cap, which is wrong. (Same in mission 3 and 4 as cited by others above). Should be Coal Valley. And still some mismatch of a few minutes on Push Time in the différent docs (brief, card and map)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk